/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Black Hole chapter two | KidPub Press //
Black Hole chapter two

Black Hole chapter two

Posted August 27th, 2018 by chicken123

The sound was unbearable. Like a giant vacuum cleaner next to you ears. I remember waking up in my room, my mother running to the door in her bathrobe, grabbing me and holding me tight. She kept telling me it was going to OK, but I felt that it wasn't. 

I tried to get up from the bed, but my mother pulled me back and told me to stay put. But I had to see what was going on. I gently removed her hands from around me, and crawled to the window. The sound was so loud the room was shaking. I clamped my hands over my ears, and peeked out. What I saw, made me want to scream and run, but I didn't scream, and I didn't run, I stayed in that spot, and waited for it to come closer. It was a black hole. the kind of black hole, that could destroy and suck up a planet in as little as thirty seconds. It was in the air, and it looked like nothing was going to stop it. I glance over at my mom, and pulled the curtain open all the way. She gasped, and her face went white. She slowly got off of the bed, and walked over to me, and put her hand on my shoulder. "Emily, I fear that this might be very well the end of Earth :)." She held me there, and we watched as it loomed just outside of the atmosphere. I've read about black holes before. Of course, it was a fiction book, but it said that not everything got destroyed. And if a black hole was still outside of the atmoshere, maybe there was a chance that it would just pass by our planet. Fat chance, I told myself. Besides, it was a fiction book. It wasn't real. Black holes had so much power, that even if it passed by our planet, there was no way that some of it wasn't going with the black hole.

I changed into my red sweatshirt and jeans again. If I died, I was at least going to be comfy and wearing my favorite sweatshirt. I then grabbed my mom's hand, and we went outside. Apparently we would both rather be sucked up into a black hole outside, rather than smashing our head on the ceiling or something. We stared up in amazement at the huge swirling black hole in front of us. Words couldn't describe how big or scary it was. One minute, you're in bed sleeping, and the next, you realize that this could be your last day on earth and everybody you know and love will be gone with you. 

Everybody along my street came outside, and stood, gaping at the black hole, too terrified to move. I watched little kids come out, and cower behind their parents. I watched animals run around, trying to find a place to hide. Then, I thought about that chicken. How it never got to finish the piece of bread. It's a weird thought to have before you're about to die. Somewhere out in the world, my dad was who knows where, and I thought about him. I wondered if he was scared like I was. Or if maybe, just maybe, he was thinking about me, too. 

The whooshing noise got way louder, and the black hole came closer. I looked into my mom's eyes, and saw that they were filled with fear. I gripped her hand harder, closed my eyes, and waited for the black hole to suck us up. 

All I heard was my mom yelling my name, and the frightened yells of everyone on my street. I opened my eyes, and all of the houses were gone, and everybody was gone except for me and my mom. The black hole was right above us now, and my mom was suspended in the air. I was still holding onto her hand, which was the only thing keping her from going into the black hole. It was so powerful, and I couldn't hang on much longer. That's when my mom loosened her grip on my hands. We were both suspended in the air now. She looked into my eyes, and whispered the words, "I love you." I realized what she was doing, and I yelled above the noise, that we were going to be okay. She smiled, and a tear ran down her cheek. Then, she let go of my hand. "NO!" I screamed. The black hole vanished, the noise vanished, and everything was gone, there was a loud ringing in my ears. I fell to the ground, and as I landed, everything went black.

It is the end of the world

It is the end of the world as we know it.

I wonder what the plot of this will be?? How on earth is this kid not sucked into the hole if her mom is (who, odds are, has more mass than she does and would thus be slightly harder to pick up)? 

-just a couple of questions to help with believability. You've got a cool start going on here. I hope you continue this!

____________________________________________________________

Posted by *Snow* on Mon, 08/27/2018 - 17:01
Emily is not sucked up into

Emily is not sucked up into the hole, because it vanishes before she can??? Don't know, just kind of went with it.

I don't care if a reader hates one of my stories, just as long as he finishes the book. -Roald Dahl

Writers live twice. -Natalie Goldberg

Posted by Ava on Mon, 08/27/2018 - 17:57