/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Blow Us All Away: Chapter V | KidPub Press //
Blow Us All Away: Chapter V

Blow Us All Away: Chapter V

Posted February 2nd, 2018 by FrostBittenKitten

by ~luna~
in The heights

A/N: Okay, so I have some news for you guys.  I am going to be on a mini semi-hiatus soon, so I want to forewarn you that I won't be posting the usual chapters this coming Friday and the Monday after that, so don't be surprised.  I'll still post chapter six in a couple days but after that there won't be any new chapters until Friday the 16th.

Chapter V

Augusta

Augusta woke up, rubbing her eyes.  She was definitely not in her room, or her house for that matter.  What was going on?  The landscape she was in looked a bit like Minecraft or some other similar video game almost.  Where was she?  She looked around, but it didn't seem like anyone else was around.  There had to be someone here.  Soon enough she noticed a boy lying on the ground not too far from she had woken up.  That was odd.  It was almost as if he had appeared there, slowly becoming solid.  Bizarre.

She walked over to him.  The boy was slightly tan with spiky black hair, and was wearing a sweatshirt, jeans, and Nike shoes.  He was out cold.  She shook him awake gently.  "Hello?"

He woke up with a groan.  "What..." he muttered.  Then he blinked awake.  "What the hell?  Where am I?"

"No clue," Augusta said, looking around.  They saw a group of kids coming towards them.  "Who are they...?"  The two of them looked at each other warily.  The boy got to his feet.

"I know some martial arts so we should be safe," the boy said.

"They might not be enemies," replied Augusta, but she was still worried.  As the kids came closer, Augusta noticed that most of them looked somewhat close to her age, and several of them looked exasperated, tired, and a bit annoyed.  Based on the scenery before her, including the sky, it was the middle of the night, so they had a reason to be perturbed.  

"Sorry we didn't get there sooner, Luna fell asleep on lookout duty," said one of the girls with a hijab.  She laughed.  The girl next to her had light brown hair and glasses and looked annoyed.

"Sorry," responded a girl who had dark brown hair with bangs that looked like it was thrown in a hasty ponytail and glasses as well.

"Come on, we'll explain everything on the way," sighed the girl with light brown hair.

Augusta and the boy looked at each other.  Should they trust these strangers?  The boy looked apprehensive still but somehow Augusta felt she could trust them.  "Okay, let's go," she said.  The boy stood his ground.

"Come on, Jack, don't be so stubborn," complained the girl with light brown hair.  Did they already know the boy or something?  But he looked just as shocked as anyone by that sentence.

"How do you know my name?" he asked.

The girl with the light brown hair muttered something under her breath.  "Just come on, we'll explain on the way," she said, looking very done.

"Besides, if we wanted to hurt you, we could have done it already," added a girl with dirty blonde hair who was one of the shorter ones in the group.  "We outnumber you guys, seven to two."  Jack nodded and everyone in the group of newcomers sighed with relief.

On the way, the group of seven kids they had just met explained the situation to Augusta and Jack, flipflopping between them because they kept interrupting each other and adding things the others forgot.

Once they reached the base, more than half of the kids collasped into a bed.  Oddly enough, Augusta wasn't tired.  Neither were Quartz or Jack.  The three of them sat up by the strange television, keeping watch "just in case one of them fell asleep" (Norah had shot Luna an annoyed glance as she said this).  

"I might have a theory how we got pulled here," Quartz suggested.  "I was thinking about it and some of the things the others said made me think about it."

"Really?" Jack asked, looking interested.

"Well, whoever it was probably did something to the computer that would suck us in, but they couldn't just let it get a sibling or parent or friend, right?" Quartz asked.

"Right," Augusta said, a bit confused.

"Well, they probably employed some sort of facial recognization software so that it would only be us sucked into this world," Quartz answered.  "But this whole thing doesn't really seem possible.  So I kept thinking and I realized that maybe in the future they have invented something to do this."

"What are you saying?" asked Augusta tentitively.  

"I'm saying," Quartz replied, "that whoever invented this is from the future."

"That's not possible," Jack said, looking shocked for the third time that night.

"How would we know?" Quartz queried.

"That is a good point," Augusta acknowledged.  

"But think about it, wouldn't they alter the past by doing that?" Jack suggested.

"Their past, our present," Augusta said, beginning to understand.  Quartz nodded.

"Exactly," he said.

"The only question is, why?" Jack inquired.

"That is a very good question," Augusta replied with a yawn.  That was the last thing she really remembered from the night.

See more stories by ~luna~
I GOT A POV AHHHHH i can’t

I GOT A POV AHHHHH i can’t wait for Monday. I like how you’re not info dumping us as you’re still keeping all the characters in the dark so they can develop their own theories. Awesome job! (And just a note to help you with my character, as I get to know these people I’ll get pretty obnoxious and always try to lighten the mood with stupid comments. Can’t wait to see how everyone’s characters interact)

I hope one day I can love something as much as women in commercials love yogurt.

Posted by scarlett424 on Fri, 02/02/2018 - 21:05
Thanks!!  :)   Please
Posted by ~luna~ on Sat, 02/03/2018 - 11:12
omg cant wait until

omg cant wait until monday

asdfghjkl (/o-o)/

~~

i bless the rains down in africa

Posted by Fancy Penguin on Sat, 02/03/2018 - 09:43
Thank you!   Please read:
I didn’t comment on this

I didn’t comment on this did I? Anyways great job!
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by /alem/ on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 16:25
I agree with Jack. Why is

I agree with Jack. Why is right. Does it have something to do with our combined creative powers?

____________________________________________________________

Posted by *Snow* window w... on Sun, 02/11/2018 - 15:41