/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Burst #23: Captured Dreams (Prologue Part 1) | KidPub Press //
Burst #23: Captured Dreams (Prologue Part 1)

Posted September 30th, 2013 by Cherrybomb

Cherrybomb's picture
by Cherrybomb
in debted

A/N: I know I'm going to do the part two of this prologue after this, but I'm not sure if I'm going to continue it afterwards. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing, and it's not really developed or anything, so I'll probably get stuck somewhere(like usual). So.

By the way, Sachi is a basically the character's name, so the part after it says that is from her perspective. XD

~~~

The world is not as pretty as you’d think.

There is always a dark side to everything in it, no matter how much you might love it. The sun is beautiful, but it can burn you, the snow is wonderful, but it can kill you. In this world, nothing is of only white, there is black as well. Black with darkness, black with evil, black with death and hurt and pain and sadness.

The world is ugly. Behind it’s mirage of colors and dreams, lays a twisted imperfection which only few can see. We just do our best to ignore it. We continue to live in a maze of lithe flowers and golden harps, smiling faces and silver laughs, lost in our own wonderful imagination. This dream is our lives, this dream is our hopes.

When we wake up, all that is left for us is death.

~

~Sachi~

~

The day of the surgery, I was very afraid. I was caught between pride that it was finally happening, smugness at how furious my younger brother would be at the realization of him having to wait another two years, and fright at whether it would hurt or not. They said it would be fine, they said it was like falling asleep and having a wonderful dream. Then, when I woke up, I’d be perfect, and the surgery would have been done.

They said.

I was still afraid.

I stared around at the adults around me, the silent guardian figures of my childhood. You’re going to become one of us now, they said. Won’t that be amazing? It would be, I had told them, of course it would. I would become an adult with the surgery, and become flawless. I would no longer be a child, weak, powerless. I would become strong, pretty, and smart. Everything I’d ever looked up to in adults.

So why was I afraid?

I shivered and clutched onto the arm of the chair, my knuckles white. My legs stuck out of the blue hospital gown I was dressed in, eerily pale and thin in the bright lights overhead. A woman was sticking little wires onto my skin, using little pieces of colorful tape. A cluster of reds, of blues, a line of yellows and green, a group of purples. I thought it was random at first, but it soon became apparent that it had been done on purpose.

It looks like a rainbow, I thought. I said so, and the lady looked at me without smiling. She stared at me for a moment, perplexed, then continued sticking the little wires onto my skin.

I hadn’t minded, adults were programmed not to smile. It was supposed to be one of the things only children were allowed to do. I wondered how adults could stand not smiling, but I thought there must have been some other way for them to do it. Maybe they simply smiled in their minds.

I let myself grin one last time, savoring it long after the woman had disappeared from the room, the door silently closing behind her.

By some unseen controls, my chair slowly slid down, putting me in a horizontal position. I blinked and winced, the light was too bright.

Air filtered into the mask over my mouth. I took a breath, thinking, This is it!

The next thing I knew, I was asleep, dreaming.

The dreams were wonderful.

See more stories by Cherrybomb
*scrolls down to

*scrolls down to bottom*

D:

*scrolls up*

*scrolls down*

*scrolls up*

*scrolls down*

IT'S NOT WORKING

THERE'S NOT ANY MORE AT THE BOTTOM

WHY IS THERE NOT MORE OF THIS D:

This is amazing, and intriguing, and so PERFECT in every possible way! CHERRYBOMB YOU NEED TO TELL US WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!! 

This is TOO FANTASTIC NOT TO FINISH

"We never had an old friendship, you fool." -The Long Road Trilogy

Posted by Kristanna (Tarka) on Mon, 09/30/2013 - 18:47
*that awesome moment when

*that awesome moment when reading this comment* :'D

Oh my gosh, thank you so so so much!! :D I was actually a little nervous since I wrote it a bit differently then I normally write, so thank you! ^u^

Well, the second part is out now. :D I don't know if I will continue it afterwards, but I'll probably continue to write this story until I get Writer's Block or just reach a dead end. XD Again, thanks! :D

(actually to be honest the first thing I thought of when I read your comment was holy crap THE Tarka commented on my story like what i can't even)

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Cherrybomb on Tue, 10/01/2013 - 17:49
Anytime!! :D It was a

Anytime!! :D It was a pleasure to read *bows* YAY MOARRRRR

wait you actually know who I am and why did you put a THE in front of my name as;fja;dfja;lflasd j whaaaaaaaaaat this is crazy o_o i am beyond flattered

Posted by Kristanna (Tarka) on Tue, 10/01/2013 - 19:24
how could I not know who you

how could I not know who you are, like seriously, yes, you are amazing and actually one of the first kidpubbers I heard about when I joined

I have no idea why I'm still typing like this.XD

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Cherrybomb on Wed, 10/02/2013 - 18:48
Because it's fun :3 Yeah I

Because it's fun :3 Yeah I don't know why either :p

I honestly can't believe this like what how a;sdfja;sldfj;alsd;flkj;lj THIS IS CRAZY

Posted by Kristanna (Tarka) on Thu, 10/03/2013 - 09:05
This is absolutely amazing

This is absolutely amazing :O 

"We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." ~ Sirius Black {Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix}

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast" ~ Lewis Carroll {Alice in Wonderland}

Posted by Olivia on Tue, 10/01/2013 - 00:44
Aww, thank you Olivia!

Aww, thank you Olivia! :DDD

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

I love this! Sachi is a cool

I love this! Sachi is a cool name, and the idea is aweesome. The beginning was dark, but also awesome. Off the read Prologue Part!

I'm Grace. Basically....run.

Conversation between me and everyone else in my life. "Grace, you're annoying." "No I'm not, I'm an orange."

Posted by Birdsong *Grace* on Wed, 10/02/2013 - 02:20
Yes, Sachi means 'yellow' in

Yes, Sachi means 'yellow' in Turkish, that's one of the reasons I chose it. ^u^ It sounded pretty. XD :D

Thanks, Grace! :D

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Cherrybomb on Wed, 10/02/2013 - 18:42
Wow. Wow, wow, wow.  You

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. 

You know, you are a very, very, very good writer. :D :D :D

I'm gonna go read the next part, but first, I suppose since I didn't give you CC on the poem, I have to give it to you now...

CC:

The day of the surgery, I was very afraid. [This... I don't know, it just doesn't sound...natural, I guess. It's still awesome, but it was the only thing even worth considering putting here.... xP My writing is a hundred times worse, so I shouldn't be talking anyway...]

Me loved this! Gonna read the second part now!

-----

Please check out Life Against Death: http://goo.gl/p7R7q

Awesome book covers... http://goo.gl/m9CnY

~~Lydia~~

"Un telligente celebro sabe mas... Spanish. A brilliant mind knows a lot." ~Me and some others... in English class, trying to write a play.

Posted by Invisible (Lydia) on Mon, 12/02/2013 - 20:01
And you are a very, very,

And you are a very, very, very good commenter. XD

Seriously, thank you so much. ^u^

CC!!! :D /tackleglomp/ Yay! XD

Hmm, you're right. It does sound semi artifical-like, not exactly something someone could say. I'll definitely fix that. ^u^

Thanks again! :D

*~Captured Dreams~*

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sat, 12/14/2013 - 17:06
Haha, thanks! :) It's not a

Haha, thanks! :)

It's not a problem! :D

-----

~~Lydia~~

Posted by Invisible (Lydia) on Sat, 12/14/2013 - 19:40
First off, this is

First off, this is fantastic. Just saying. Your initial hook is intriguing, and, though a bit depressing, gives a deeper thinking to the reader. I really enjoyed it. And even the small bit you've written is described beautifully and simply. Fantastic job.

However, I have to say that this is dangerously similar to the book Uglies. Like, dangerously similar. Just keep that in mind. I don't know where you're going with this, but the first thing I thought of while reading this was the Uglies series. 

I have to admit, I thought I would be able to find more CC on this. Just, remember to keep it different. I don't know if you've read the Uglies, but this is awfully close. Besides that, beautifully written.

P.S. Sorry it took so long for your prize. I am quite a procrastinator. Haha, but I said I would do it eventually.

~Just because a dragon is a dragon, and has five heads, doesn't mean he can't lead our community~

Posted by GrumpyHippo on Sat, 01/04/2014 - 01:47
Thank you so much, Ember!

Thank you so much, Ember! :'D

Hmm, is it? D: I don't ever want to write a book that seems like a ripoff of another. ._. I've never actually read the Uglies, my friend did, and I thought it would be cool if I read it, but I never got around to actually reading it. >u< I should probably go and read it now, to stop my book from unintentionally becoming like it. :P Anyhow, thank you for telling me this! ^u^

Don't worry about it, I don't mind when you comment. xD Thanks again!

*~Captured Dreams~*

Posted by Ratatoskr on Sat, 01/04/2014 - 10:35
I finally clicked on your

I finally clicked on your Sig. YOUR WRITING MEH DEAR OMG CHERRY YOUR WRITING
That. Was. *takes deep breath* AMAZING.
And dat is all. Also, you managed to make me fave something of yours again. :D *jams the fave button*

Raindrops | Happy birthday Lena

Posted by Angel Hellhound... on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 14:38
*fistpump* Yes! My sig

*fistpump* Yes! My sig actually helps! xD

/blushes/ Thank you so much, Jill! :'D

*~Captured Dreams~*

Posted by Ratatoskr on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 14:49
OMPJ that was sooooo good!!!

OMPJ that was sooooo good!!! I NEED TO READ MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny that when I'm loud people tell me to be quiet, but when I'm quiet people ask what's wrong with me. ~Anonymous

Posted by Eileen on Wed, 05/21/2014 - 20:11
Thanks Eileen! :D *~Captured

Thanks Eileen! :D

*~Captured Dreams~*

Posted by Cherrybomb on Thu, 05/22/2014 - 15:45
I figured I owed many, many,

I figured I owed many, many, more than just one comment on at least one of your stories because of your comments on my NaNoWriMo. So, I'll be following this now. Let's see what CC I can give...- Panthera tigris tigris (Grace)
Something lurks in the shadows.... Beware the Black Claws!
http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/black-claws-saga-book-1-shado...

Posted by Panthera Tigris... on Tue, 11/11/2014 - 20:27
Aw, that's so sweet of you!

Aw, that's so sweet of you! :) But please don't feel um, like obligated or anything to give me comments. I comment on your novel because I like it, and if I can give any feedback, I like to comment it. So. Yeah. ^u^ 

Thanks!

*~Captured Dreams~*

Posted by frost on Tue, 11/11/2014 - 21:52