/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Chapter 1 of New Story I’m writing with friend— unnamed at moment but CC appreciated | KidPub Press //
Chapter 1 of New Story I’m writing with friend— unnamed at moment but CC appreciated

Posted January 6th, 2018 by alemye10

by Evergreen! *Alem*
in what?? “The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.”

A/n: ‘kay so. This is a story I’m writing with my friend. We've already written a few chapters and planned it out so chapters 2 and 3 might come pretty soon, hopefully before this weekend ends. I would ask for title ideas but you probably have no idea about the book. This book is pretty simple and straightforward, just a little deep so if you’re reading a bigger book at the moment I would say it okay to read. :3 uh, if I stop posting please bug me about it although it might be a while because I’m debating about something so yeah! Enjoy and please comment!
That was some long an but if you comment, please tell me a post of yours you would like me to comment on for you! Have a great day, friends!

Chapter 1 ( Griffin)

I look into the mirror and look at the scar. It starts at the very edge of my face, and runs down, almost like a river, to my right eyelid.
I hate it.
Without it, I’m sure I could be normal. I pretend I am, and I am now. But the scar is a deep burden, not only for me, but for everyone who sees it.
That’s what Ashley Adams told me. I try to forget about the scar and the surgery that brought and, and I do. But no one else does.

I’m a misfit. No friends, I barely exist. Except I do exist. I’m just as real as Ashley Adams, her friends and everyone else. I have a heart, like them. It hurts because of people like Ashley Adams.
My name, it doesn’t help much. Griffin. Griffin, Griffin, Griffin. A boy name for a girl. For a pretty girl, as my aunt says. She says I’m pretty. She doesn’t say the other part. She doesn’t say that no matter how pretty I’ll ever be, it won’t count. It’ll never ever count because of the scar the scares people away.
I’m over the scar now. Truly and really. But it’s a wound, a wound that tries to heal but people like Ashley Adams keep picking at it.
On top of the scar and my name and bullies, I’m ridiculously tall for a ten-year-old. 5’6. No fifth grader wants to hang out with a girl that looks like an adult to their eyes.
I wish I could hide. My aunt constantly tells me that I really am ‘all that’ no matter what Ashley Adams says.
But, she says It’s up to me to decide what ‘all that’ is for me. I don’t know if I’ll ever decide. Maybe I’ll just go with what Ashley Adams said about me. A complete failure.

See more stories by Evergreen! *Alem*
P.s. The format isn’t

P.s. The format isn’t perfect at the moment because apparently KP won’t let me keep the formatting.
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by Evergreen! *Alem* on Sat, 01/06/2018 - 12:03
I like it!!  It's cool and

I like it!!  It's cool and you and your friend decided to write a book together!  I'll be following!

Posted by ~luna~ on Sun, 01/07/2018 - 08:03
Thanks so much

Thanks so much Luna!
__________
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by Evergreen! *Alem* on Sun, 01/07/2018 - 11:23