/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Chapter 2 of the unnamed story! | KidPub Press //
Chapter 2 of the unnamed story!

Chapter 2 of the unnamed story!

Posted January 6th, 2018 by alemye10

by /alem/
in what?? “The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.”

An: this is my friends turn so it’s her writing. Enjoy the second chapter! It came quick. O and formatting is once again bleh.

Chapter 2(James:

I didn’t know why I was supposed to be left with one leg. I didn’t know why a candle was to fall. I didn’t know why I was to be left with nothing.
My house was a wreck that night. We lost our dog, our phones, our pictures, our memories. Our life.

We got to do several things that night. Call the firefighters, take a trip in a ambulance, loose our thoughts, our dreams, our happiness, our hope.
The night of the fire wasn’t a good night. Jullie was so scared she hide under the bed. I couldn't reach her, but I couldn’t let her go. The ceiling was collapsing, and fell on my foot. I screamed, she whimpered. Someone came, but it was too late. Too late to have two feet. Too late to have the dog who you love.
We lost our car, everything else, and now we don’t have much money. We couldn’t afford a prosthetic leg and we couldn’t afford our our school books we needed to buy.

After the house fire, I got a lot of gifts. A lot of stuff. But it was too much to sort through. I didn’t want any of it at the time. But I wish I would get some stuff now. I would wish for it all, but I knew it wasn’t going to happen.

It’s been a year now after the fire, and things haven’t changed that much. They finished rebuilding our house, and we were back living in it, but it brings back so many memories. Good and bad. So many memories that we decided to leave and have a fresh new start somewhere else.
If you look at me, let's just say you should only look at the waist and up. I walk with crutches, and a rap around the bottom of my knee in case I fall with my crutches. Which is actually helpful considering I’m very clumsy.
“James dear! It’s time to eat!” I hear my mother call.
“I’m not hungry!” I yell back.
“Oh come on James! You’ve been up in that room the whole night!” My mom yells, “Can you come down with the family? At least say hello?”
“Do I have to mom?!”
“Please James?! For me?!”
“Maybe later!”
“Maybe later,” I hear my mom mumble, then walk away.
I start school tomorrow at West Vetsburg Elementary. “A fresh new start,” my sister Meredith says. But it's easier when you have two full legs. I try to get used to the staring, the looks, and the bullying. Maybe one day it won't bother me, but right now, it's all I think about. The thing that bothers me the most is when teachers ask you to introduce to the whole class.
Don't worry, I've heard it all. “Ever thought about riding a bike that has two wheels? Oh that's right, you've got 1 ½ of a leg,” I heard that a lot at my old school. So tomorrow I get to see what other lame jokes people say about me. Yay.
“Knock, knock,” I hear my sister Meredith say, “Can I come in?”
“Only if your here to talk to me about anything but eating.”
“Unfortunately that's not true,” she says coming in, “what's wrong?”
“Too many people,” I say turning my back towards her.
“Can you come down stairs? We're play your favorite game! Stinky pig!”
I look over to her. Her face drops. “Fine. But only because you asked me.”
I walk down and all the family stares. It hasn't been the first time they've seen me without the half of my leg. Meredith makes a look at my mom.

See more stories by /alem/
I feel bad for James and

I feel bad for James and Griffin.  I wonder where this is leading?  Nice work!

Posted by ~luna~ on Sun, 01/07/2018 - 08:05
Thanks! __________ “There

Thanks!
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by Evergreen! *Alem* on Sun, 01/07/2018 - 11:23
So do I....wait I bet they

So do I....wait I bet they met up or somthing..that would be really cool!

Posted by Cherith on Mon, 01/08/2018 - 13:32
Thanks! And your prediction

Thanks! And your prediction is pretty accurate.
__________
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by Evergreen! *Alem* on Mon, 01/08/2018 - 15:09
Since you don't have a name

Since you don't have a name for your book don't mind me butting in and saying Scars might be a good title.....tho you most likely thought of that first.

Posted by mischief on Mon, 01/08/2018 - 17:04
Oh my gosh! Thank you so

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for an azazing book title idea, I might actually use it or add a few words to it!
__________
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by alemye10 on Mon, 01/08/2018 - 17:37
Oh my gosh! Thank you so

__________
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by Evergreen! *Alem* on Mon, 01/08/2018 - 17:36
Your welcome!

Your welcome!

Posted by Cherith on Mon, 01/08/2018 - 17:45