/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Chapter 3 of the (maybe) unnamed story! | KidPub Press //
Chapter 3 of the (maybe) unnamed story!

Chapter 3 of the (maybe) unnamed story!

Posted January 8th, 2018 by alemye10

by Evergreen! *Alem*
in what?? “The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.”

A/n: shoutout to Cherith(I think this is Brooke) because she gave me a book title idea I might use.
So this chapter is the third one. Hopefully, my friend will soon write her chapter, because otherwise it might be a while until I post the next chap. Enjoy reading! oh and sorry about formatting once again

I kiss my mom on her cheek and hop out of the tan minivan that takes me to school and back each day. I trudged slowly up the ramp and merge with the bus kids entering my school. I’m a fifth grader which means I’m the oldest one in the school.
Being in fifth grade means I get two teachers. Pretty cool, I guess. I don’t really care. I’ve always just been an average student. I’ve had good history with my teachers except this year and third grade.

I think Miss Piccarreta meant well, being new to teaching and all. She was really sweet and generous and I thought I would like her until she started treating me like a baby. She acted like the scar was a learning disability, it took away from me being able to understand what a normal third-grader should understand.
And then there’s Mrs. Lovitz of homeroom and math and social studies of fifth grade. I don’t think she likes me at all. I’m not a hundred percent sure about that though because teachers are supposed to be fair. I mean I’ve only been either her when we got to meet our teachers at the end of fourth grade.
My school is named West Vetsburg Elementary. West Vetsburg is an average sized town but kind of on the small side. My school is nice. It’s pretty small because throughout the town there are six or seven elementaries all with the grades K-5. Then we go to the crowded small middle school for sixth to eighth graders. Luckily, by the time I get into middle school(next year) the new middle school they’re building across town will be ready.
That middle school has been going for a long time but I guess I see why it took so long now. It’s a plus, too. Now kids like me don’t have to go across town for school.

I snap back into reality and sit down at my desk, third row and facing the projector in the front of the room. I set down my backpack and pull out my little binder, water bottle and lunch. After that, I head to put my backpack away and sigh as I sit down. Next to me, is a girl named June. I don’t get why June is named June because first of all, she was born in October( I know this for a fact because last year on October 2nd, she brought in cupcakes to celebrate her eleventh birthday. I know it’s weird I remember but a hobby of mine is memorizing random people’s birthdays.) and she absolutely hates June weather. I overheard her telling Janie that on the last day of school last year.
On the right side of me sits Matthew. Matthew is normal. I don’t know him much and have never talked to him except for a few times throughout the years.
I wait for the clock to say it’s nine o’clock so class can begin. As I wait, I fall into rhythm with the chitter-chatter around me. It’s okay until I hear a voice saying, “Griffin? She’s as ugly as ever! She thinks those hideous bangs cover up her- her thing- but it just draws more attention!” Ashley.
Automatically, my hand touches my newly grown bangs. Are they really that bad? They don’t cover the scar all the way but the seemed to help. I think about my scar. Why doesn’t Ashley just shut up already! I want her to forget.
Just then Mrs. Lovitz says it’s time to start the day. I’m saved! As I write down the answers to a science question, I use my long bangs as a curtain from the outside world, prying eyes and Ashleys.

At lunch I panic when I realize my seat, my whole table has been taken by a group of boys. Embarrassed, I clutch my lunch box and try to find an empty spot. I scan the fifth grade side and end up having to sit with some random kids who keep shooting looks across the table because I took one of their friend’s seat.
I sigh and tug at the Velcro to open the top of my lunch box. Will things ever change? Why is one surgery that supposedly saved me from dying making such a bad impact on my life? Every other kid, the stuff between us, I don’t get it! I sigh, pushing away the painful memories of my younger years.
I wish I could be someone else. I just, I hate being me! But I’m stuck being myself. No matter what, I’ll still be Griffin. No matter what, I’ll still be Griffin. No matter what, I’ll still be Griffin.
I pull out my container which contains a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I take a big bite and choke back tears. Why does no one like me? What’s wrong with me?
Lunch couldn’t have gone any slower. I could tell the kids around me were uncomfortable, because each time a conversation started, they wouldn’t go in depth. At one point, I felt like I had to apologize.
“Sorry,” I said. It came out more like “Iiuh”.
“What?” a purple-haired girl asked. Her nose turned up and her eyes seemed to squint. A few of her friends giggled.
“Nothing,” I said. One again it came out sounding like “Ung”.
The girls shot looks across the table, looking like they would burst out laughing. I could almost hear their thoughts. What a pathetic loser.
The second the bell rang I jumped off my seat and threw away my trash. Recess, which was outdoors was next but I hid in the bathroom the whole time.
I was having one of my headaches. It was an effect of the surgery. I hoped it would go away, especially since I had taken my medicine today. My headaches are getting worse and the doctors say I might need another surgery sometime soon.

I wish I could run. I wish I could play with the other kids. But if I run, I get really dizzy.
Finally I can hear the sound of other fifth graders approaching. Recess is over. I join the rest of them, slipping in unnoticed.

See more stories by Evergreen! *Alem*
Man....Griffen's so

Man....Griffen's so sad.....I know what it's like to be stared at....it ani't no fun. But at the same time you wana slamp them in the face, tell'm to get over it and start acting normal.

Posted by mischief on Tue, 01/09/2018 - 09:47
Yeah. Thanks for being able

Yeah. Thanks for being able to connect with the character!
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by Evergreen! *Alem* on Sat, 01/20/2018 - 09:03