/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Chapter Seven | KidPub Press //
Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Posted November 16th, 2019 by DreamDragon13

by Katherine
in Nevada

I thrashed around as the nightmare invaded my brain. I opened my mouth, but no sound came out. I sat upright as a scream came escaped my lips, startling Jade Archer. I started to thrash around, so she had to wrap her arms around me to calm me down, holding me close as tears streamed down my face and I silently sobbed into her shoulder. "Hey, you're safe now. We'll make sure you're safe," she soothed. I stopped, and pulled away from her.

"Thank you," was all I could say. They gave me back to my mom thirty minutes later after asking me a couple questions and checking if I was physically injured.

Oh my gosh. What had happened. The next thing I knew, I was standing in my room, dressed in a black tank, black leather jacket, black boots, and a black skirt. I ran to the bathroom. I was wearing black eyeshadow, black lipstick, and was wearing black stud earrings. What. Did. You. Make. Me. DO, I demanded of the shadows.

Just what we have used you from the beginning. There is no turning back now, I got with an evil chuckle. I looked at my phone, noticing the black nail polish on my fingers. It had been two weeks since I got home. I had been controlled by my shadows, my pets, for two weeks. I ran back to my room and changed into white jeans, a sky blue crop top, and sneakers, while also trying to remove my earrings and crying. I ran back to the bathroom and got the makeup wipes and wiped off my running eyeshadow and my lipstick. I pinned my hair back into a messy bun, exhaling in relief. I checked my arms quickly for anything, but didn't notice anything. I pulled my long white gloves that I rarely wore on, and let out a relieved sigh.

Suddenly, my breath hitched as the shadows' words repeated in my head. There is no turning back now. What was so bad that I wouldn't be able to quit villainy without a risk, and even ask the heroes for help? For the answer, I pulled out my phone and opened the news app. The main headline shocked me, and I stood there, petrified with fear, dropping the phone on the floor. No, no, no, no. She was innocent... just a random person. The shadows didn't even have a reason it had to be her, it could have been anyone. Why couldn't it have been someone evil or corrupt? I knew what I had to do.

I had to play it safe, then go back to the place were he had died.

See more stories by Katherine