/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Christmas catastrophe | KidPub Press //
The Christmas catastrophe

The Christmas catastrophe

Posted December 17th, 2019 by Olivinat

by Fire Dragon 74
in Wisconsin

The Christmas catastrophe

Chapter 1 – Christmas Surprise

A small house on Bradford Ave. had a family of six living in it, two girls, two boys, and two parents. They were all excited and happy for Christmas Day when they would get all of the presents. They went to bed and the next day they rushed out to see all of their presents, but there was not a single present in sight!

Jack a middle child (16) asked the question that everyone was thinking, “Where are the presents? We were really good this year.”

Emily the youngest (14) started crying hysterically and couldn’t be comforted.

Roen the other middle child (15) and saw there was a note that said, “1. 19573 / 2. 73568 / 3. 591736842

Olivia the oldest (17) questioned, “What do those numbers stand for? Are they important? What do we do with them? Is it a code?”

Jack asked, “what if it’s a password? Wait! What if it’s a password to Santa’s lair?

“Santa’s LAIR?” Olivia asked, “what’s that?”

“Well you know the song- {please sing this}  Santa’s Lair; it’s a bad place to be. There are prison cells and muddy shells; it’s where Santa clause puts the bad children (Drum roll please) yes it’s were Santa put bad children!!!!” jack sang very much off-key,"or some thing like that." 

“Oh,” Olivia remembering   

Since the parents weren’t awake yet they started to plan their mission. Because Olivia was the oldest, she did the mission plan.

“We need a game plan!” Olivia said, “I think that we need a list of items to get!”

1. Four sleeping bags

2. Four backpacks

3. Two tents 

4. Three changes of clothing / per /

5. Four two week food packs

6. Four flashlights

7. Four whistles

8. Four lighters

9. One first aid kit

10. Four scythe knifes

11. Four metal water bottles

“Okay Emily, you get four sleeping bags, your three changes of clothing and four backpacking packs. Roen get two tents, four two week food packs, and your three changes of clothing. Jack you get four flashlights, your three changes of clothing, and four whistles. That leaves me to get a first aid kit, four metal water bottles, four scythes knife, and my three changes of clothing.” Olivia assigned, “Now go get the items I assigned you.”

They ran off getting and buying the items they were assigned.

to be continued

See more stories by Fire Dragon 74
It says in the beginning

It says in the beginning that Jack is the oldest and it syays that Olivia is the middle child but after that it says with Olivia being the oldest she did the mission plan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you walk down the fairway of life, smell the roses. You only get to play one round. -Ben Hogan

Posted by Ava #1 on Thu, 12/19/2019 - 19:14
Also, it says 4 backpacking

Also, it says 4 backpacking packs. You could just say backpacks. Also I'm kinda confused on this: Four two week food packs. Does that mean that each pack lasts 2 weeks?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Ava #1 on Thu, 12/19/2019 - 19:16
Also, where are there

Also, where are there parents? And what room are they in when they find the note? Where do they find the note? Under the tree? In a stocking? Also it says they ran off. Where did they go? How did they end up with money to buy the supplies? Did they have any of the supplies at their house? In the beginning it said they couldn't wait for Christmas like it was more than a day away, but you said the best day they wake up and it's Christmas.

I hope that my questions and advice were helpful. Good job writing!

Posted by Ava #1 on Thu, 12/19/2019 - 19:21
Also, what's a muddy

Also, what's a muddy shell?

Posted by Ava #1 on Thu, 12/19/2019 - 22:05
Comment  1    Thanks for

Comment  1

Thanks for telling me I thought it over and changed it!!!

Comment  2

Yes its egsactly as it sounds - two week food packs.

Comment  3

The parents are still asleep and I will get to them later in the story.

Comment  4

I don't know? Well at least it rymes with prison cells!!

Posted by Fire Dragon 74 on Fri, 12/20/2019 - 09:03