/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Christmas catastrophe - Chapter 1 - the Christmas Surprise | KidPub Press //
The Christmas catastrophe - Chapter 1 - the Christmas Surprise

Posted January 23rd, 2020 by Olivinat

by Fire Dragon 74
in the Middle of Nowhere

The Christmas catastrophe

Chapter 1 – Christmas Surprise

A small house on Bradford Ave. had a family of six living in it, two girls, two boys, and two parents. They were all excited and happy for Christmas Day when they would get all of the presents. They went to bed and the next day they rushed out to see all of their presents, but there was not a single present in sight!

Jack a middle child (16) asked the question that everyone was thinking, “Where are the presents? We were really good this year.”

Emily the youngest (14) started crying hysterically and couldn’t be comforted.

Roen the other middle child (15) and saw there was a note that said, “1. 19573 / 2. 73568 / 3. 591736842

Olivia the oldest (17) questioned, “What do those numbers stand for? Are they important? What do we do with them? Is it a code?”

Jack asked, “what if it’s a password? Wait! What if it’s a password to Santa’s lair?

“Santa’s LAIR,” Olivia asked, “what’s that?”

“Well you know the song- {please sing this} Santa’s Lair; it’s a bad place to be. There are prison cells and muddy shells; it’s where Santa clause puts the bad children (Drum roll please) yes it’s were Santa put bad children!!!!” jack sang very much off-key, “Or something like that

“Oh,” Olivia remembered

Since the parents weren’t awake yet they started to plan their mission. Because Olivia was the oldest, she did the mission plan.

“We need a game plan!” Olivia said, “I think that we need a list of items to get!”

1.Four sleeping bags

2.Four backpacks

3.Two tents 

4. Three changes of clothing / per /

5.Four two week food packs

6.Four flashlights

7.Four whistles

8.Four lighters

9.One first aid kit

10.Four scythe knifes

11.Four metal water bottles

“Okay Emily, you get four sleeping bags, your three changes of clothing and four backpacking packs. Roen get two tents, four two week food packs, and your three changes of clothing. Jack you get four flashlights, your three changes of clothing, and four whistles. That leaves me to get a first aid kit, four metal water bottles, four scythes knife, and my three changes of clothing.” Olivia assigned, “Now go get the items I assigned you.”

They ran off getting and buying the items they were assigned. An hour later everyone meet up with the items. They divided everything up and left, leaving a note for their parents.

About three days later they arrived at Santa’s lair.

“This place gives me the creeps” Roen muttered as he hides his head in his coat to block the freezing wind

“Well we need to find out what the numbers mean” Olivia replied as we trudged on

As we approached Santa’s Lair Olivia had a thought.  

“What if they know we’re coming? You know the song You better watch out, You better not cry, You better not pout, I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town, He's making a list, He's checking it twice, He's gonna find out who's naughty or nice, Santa Claus is coming to town, He sees you when you're sleeping, And he knows when you're awake, He knows if you've been bad or good, So be good for goodness sake, You better watch out You better not cry, You better not pout, I'm telling you why, Cause Santa Claus is coming to town, He sees you when you're sleeping, And he knows when you're awake, And he knows if you've been bad or good, So be good for goodness sake!”

“Wow you know the words to that song really well” Roen was shocked

“Yah he would now were we are!” Jack lamented

“We need to get there no matter what!” Emily encouraged as we walked along.

As we walked Roen suddenly asked “Where is Emily?”

We all looked around but Emily had vanished!

“Olivia, where do you think Emily is? Olivia?” Roen looked around, “Olivia where are you?”

There was no doubt about it, Olivia and Emily had vanished into thin air!

See more stories by Fire Dragon 74