/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Christmas Catastrophe - Chapter1 - UPDATED | KidPub Press //
The Christmas Catastrophe - Chapter1 - UPDATED

Posted May 14th, 2021 by Olivinat

by Ryoko
in the Middle of Nowhere (Wisconsin)

Chapter 1 – Christmas Surprise

A small house on Bradford Ave. had a family of six living in it, two girls, two boys, and two parents. They were all excited and happy for Christmas Day when they would get all of the presents. They went to bed and the next day they rushed out to see all of their presents, but there was not a single present in sight!

Jack, a middle child (12) asked the question that everyone was thinking, “Where are the presents? We were really good this year.”

Mary, the youngest (10) started crying hysterically and couldn’t be comforted.

Mark, the other middle child (11) saw there was a note that said, “1. 19573 / 2. 73568 / 3. 591736842

Liam the oldest (13) asked, “What do those numbers stand for? Are they important? What do we do with them? Is it a code?”

Jack asked, “What if it’s a password? Wait! What if it’s a password to Santa’s lair?

“Santa’s Lair,” Liam asked, “What’s that?”

“You know the song- {please sing this} Santa’s Lair; it’s a bad place to be. There are prison cells and muddy shells; it’s where Santa clause puts the bad children. It is where Santa put bad children!!!!” Jack sang very much off-key, “Or something like that

“Oh,” Liam remembered

Since the parents weren’t awake yet they started to plan their mission. Because Liam was the oldest, he did the mission plan.

“We need a game plan!” Liam said, “I think that we need a list of items to get!”

1. Four sleeping bags

2. Four backpacks

3. Two tents   

4. Three changes of clothing / per /

5. Four two-week food packs

6. Four flashlights

7. Four whistles

8. Four lighters

9. One first aid kit

10. Four scythe knifes

11. Four metal water bottles

“Okay Mary, you get four sleeping bags, your three changes of clothing and four backpacking packs. Mark, get two tents, four two-week food packs, and your three changes of clothing. Jack, you get four flashlights, your three changes of clothing, and four whistles. That leaves me to get a first aid kit, four metal water bottles, four scythes knife, and my three changes of clothing.” Liam assigned, “Now go get the items I assigned you.”

They ran off, got and bought the items they were assigned. An hour later everyone meets up with the items. They divided everything up and left, leaving a note for their parents.

About three days later they arrived at Santa’s lair.

“This place gives me the creeps” Mark muttered as he hides his head in his coat to block the freezing wind

“Well, we need to find out what the numbers mean” Liam replied as we trudged on

As we approached Santa’s Lair, Liam had a thought.  

“What if they know we’re coming? You know the song - You better watch out, You better not cry, You better not pout, I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town, He's making a list, He's checking it twice, He's going to find out who's naughty or nice, Santa Claus is coming to town, He sees you when you're sleeping, And he knows when you're awake, He knows if you've been bad or good, So be good for goodness sake, You better watch out You better not cry, You better not pout, I'm telling you why, Cause Santa Claus is coming to town, He sees you when you're sleeping, And he knows when you're awake, And he knows if you've been bad or good, So be good for goodness sake!”

“Wow you know the words to that song really well” Mark was shocked

“Yah he would now be we are!” Jack lamented

“We need to get there no matter what!” Mary encouraged as we walked along.

As we walked, Mark suddenly asked “Where is Mary?”

We all looked around, but Mary had vanished!

“Liam, where do you think Mary is? …Liam?” Mark looked around, “Liam, where are you?”

Jack thought, “Where do you think they are Mark? Mark?”

There was no doubt about it, Liam,  Mary, and Mark had vanished into thin air.

See more stories by Ryoko
I'm writing a story and it's

I'm writing a story and it's similar to this. I wrote it when I was in, what, primary 3? 4? I can't remember, but it was called A Christmas Murder.I'm rewriting it, but I have just now realised that this story on KidPub exists, so if I post it on here I feel like people will accuse me of copying, but it isn't the same. There are 3 children, 2 parents, and 1 television, and I have no idea why I added that but yes-

It's about a family on christmas eve and they live in a town where the crime and murder rates are high, and on Christmas Eve an intruder -- a murderer, breaks into the house and kills almost the entire family, leaving only Jordan (Oldest, 17 years old) and Alexander (Middle, 14 years old.) alive.

I might post the rewrite when it's done but I'm pretty sure people are going to attack me for copying, even though it has basically nothing to do with this story. Don't ask, it happens to me a lot because everywhere I go people accuse EVERYONE of stealing, so I'll just credit you anyway. indecision

Posted by Theresia on Wed, 05/26/2021 - 13:36