/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Christmas Catastrophe - Chapter2 - UPDATED | KidPub Press //
The Christmas Catastrophe - Chapter2 - UPDATED

Posted May 14th, 2021 by Olivinat

by Ryoko
in the Middle of Nowhere (Wisconsin)

Chapter 2 – The Rude Awakening {Literally}

Liam woke to footsteps nearby. He was in a small prison cell. He was lying on the hard metal barring that was a bed. He got up and looked around. Liam saw a guard and he smirked at him. Across from him he saw a kid that had gone missing last year. He was imprisoned in Santa’s Lair!       

That night Liam still hadn’t eaten since that granola bar many hours ago. He had lost track of time in the prison. A guard came by and dropped a small container of rice and some green beans on the food tray, opened the small door at the bottom of the cage, and slide the food in. Liam ate quickly and was soon finished. The guard walked away. Liam looked around and saw the guard had forgotten to close the food hole. Liam started to think. That night he reached out and grabbed the map off the guard’s belt and studied it. He figured out that he was in cell 13. he figured out that if he was ever taken out, he might be able to grab the keys and escape. The next day Liam was hulled out and dragged past all the cells and into a private chamber. There were five small stand cells. Liam was shoved into one.  he saw that Mary was in the cell next to her.

“Mary, so this is where you disappeared to! Where are Mark and Jack?” Liam sputtered

“I “disappeared” first so how should I now? But Mark is in cell 6 across from me, I’m in cell 16.” Mary informed

“I’m in cell 13 and across from me is that kid that went missing last year.” Liam replied

“Shut up!” A guard threatened meanly, “The boss will be coming to inspect the prisoners and you can’t talk when in his presents.”

“The boss? Does he mean Santa?” Mary whispered

Suddenly Mark was pushed into the cell next to Liam.

“Where is Jack?” Mark asked, “Because I didn’t see him when we walked past all the cells. When I was dragged past all the cells didn’t see him. Jack wasn’t in there so I figured he must be in here.

“I don’t know. I’m in cell 13 and you know were Mary is right?” Liam said, “I… I don’t know where Jack is.”

“I thought he was here! Wait! Jack was left when we disappeared right? What if he is still out there?!

“Then he can save us!” Mary cried, smiling.

Suddenly Jack got thrown in.

“I’m in cell 9” Jack said once they had gotten him up to date.

“So, I’m in 13, Jack’s in 9, Mark’s in 6, and Mary’s in 16. How are we going to escape?” Liam thought.

He stopped talking as the door opened. In came an unforgettable figure

Santa Claus.

See more stories by Ryoko
This is really good can't

This is really good can't wait for the next chapter

Magically,

Rose

Posted by Rose on Fri, 05/14/2021 - 17:32
Do you have any ideas for

Do you have any ideas for the possible end? I am running out. 

Posted by Ryoko on Sat, 05/15/2021 - 14:12