/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Coffee Shop | KidPub Press //
Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop

Posted March 2nd, 2018 by Twilight

by Cinnamon
in Rhode Island

I'm actually not sure about this, whether it's poetry or not. I'm new to kidpub also, Catlover told me about kidpub, so I dunno.

She sat by the window of the coffee shop while the heavy rain landed in droplets on the big window. She was bundled up, even though the coffee shop was warm with the fireplaces, happy chatter, and coffee steam, but even while she watched the rain fall, she snuggled up close in her heavy coat. People trotted down the sidewalks, cars heavily splashing waves of cold water onto it. People held umbrellas and hats, children and suitcases. Drops splashed against the window, lightning striking the sky. Knives and forks clinked around her, but she was in another world. The warm hot chocolate and marshmallows called to her from her table, and she sipped it. Hot liquid ran down her throat, along with the sweet tang of the marshmallows. She sighed a satisfied sigh and leaned back in the booth. Her scarf brushed against her face, and she brushed it away. Being in this warm area felt wonderful. The hot cocoa sat in her stomach, the warm chatter and the clink of forks and knives were like a background music to her.

Like I said. Not exactly sure how to talk about this, but I just sat down and wrote it. smiley

See more stories by Cinnamon
Hey, great job! Welcome to

Hey, great job! Welcome to Kidpub!
Your writing is pretty great! It's (no offense to any of course) not usually the writing I'd expect of a newbie since generally they are a bit younger, but I love the depth and description this piece has!
Therefore, I hope you don't mind me asking how old you are?
I'm Jill, and feel free to ask if you have any questions about the site. Again, welcome!

Posted by a zombie now (*... on Sat, 03/03/2018 - 10:21
hey friend! good to see a

hey friend! good to see a new person on here c: my name is Esther i'm a super old kidpubbian and I don't often come online, but if you need writing and/or life tips (or just want to chat) my contact tab is open!

your writing is great! I'd love to see a real story, too, if you get around to it!

---- love life and peace out <3

Posted by AlgebraAddict on Fri, 03/09/2018 - 00:25