/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Colors: Chapter Fourteen | KidPub Press //
Colors: Chapter Fourteen

Colors: Chapter Fourteen

Posted October 7th, 2017 by FrostBittenKitten

by fa la la la la la la la luna
in The heights

A/N: Ahhhhh thanks for all of the support you guys!  I love you all!  <3 <3 <3  Shout out to Vivace for commenting so much and just being awesome! :)  Also shout out to Justin for the interveiw and being super cool! :)

After talking to Aiden some more, Allyson had decided to go back to the Keeper of Orange's room, which was now hers.  She changed the password to an incantation she had learned as kid, which Aiden probably also knew of, but she knew he was in the hospital and too courteous to barge in unannounced anyway.  She sighed, and flopped on the huge bed.  As much as she hated him, she hoped that Jeff was okay.  It pained her to know that someone had been used the way he was.  She lay there for a while, just thinking, until something occurred to her.  An uncomfortable thought flitted through her mind, and she pushed it aside.  No way.  No way.  That couldn't be the case...could it?  Of course it was.

The shadows were determined to return, and probably trying to destroy the Colors once and for all.  Allyson switched from her stomach to her back, her caramel hair splayed around her in a mess.  So it had finally come to this.  Allyson knew she and the other Rainbow Colors would have to think of something, and thinking that possibly Violet already had.  She hoped so.  Unbeknowest to Allyson, Violet had in fact thought of a plan, but it was not one she was anxious to share with the others.  Allyson ran her hand through her hair and frowned.  She decided to first take a long needed shower that wasn't brief and chilly.

~~~~~~~

Theo was nervous, which wasn't unusual for him.  He was always forced to hide how he felt so his people, the Colors of Green, wouldn't be concerned.  He had to keep them happy, and now, keep them safe.  He snapped, and a mirror replaced the bookshelf in front of him for a moment.  He gazed at his reflection, not so much in admiration as with a frantic and nervous energy.  His tousled dirty blonde hair looked the same as ever, and his green eyes gleamed behind his black hipster glasses.  Today he was wearing a green long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, jeans, and matching green shoes.  Unlike some of his fellow Rainbow Colors, he had a secret habit for fashion.  Not so much as actually designing things as just looking nice, however, and he knew that behind his back Juliet probably made fun of him for it.

Would Wheat like this outift?  Did she like it when they talked earlier?  He shook off the thoughts.  Not now, he reprimanded himself.  Not ever.  But he knew that was a lie.  The closest Rainbow Color to his age had been Indy, at age fourteen, but after she had been banished from the Rainbow Colors--with only himself and Violet voting against it--he decided that he wouldn't have a crush on any other Rainbow Colors.  He was glad that he didn't think about Indy that way any more, but now someone else had replaced her in his mind, and she wasn't even a Rainbow Color, or in training to be one.  Why did he always pick the wrong people to like?

Suddenly, the lights went off in his room.  A jolt of panic raced through his system.  This didn't happen, not even at night or during a storm.  The last time it had happened was only a legend, so Theo knew it could only be one thing--the Grisi.

~~~~~~~

Violet's mind raced as she paced her room.  What was she going to do?  She hoped desperately that no one else was like Jeff, controlled by the Shadows, but how was she to know if they were?  She had known the other Rainbow Colors for a long time, being one of the longest running members of the Rainbow Council.  She also knew that Aiden had to take on an apprentice, and fast.  Who knew what else would happen to him now?  He was already getting old, and with the return of the shadows.  She called Peri, praying she would pick up.

"Hello?" Peri asked on the other side of the phone.

"Oh, thank the Rainbow!" Violet exclaimed.  "We need to talk.  Come to my room as soon as you can!"

"Okay," agreed Peri.  "On my way!"

"See ya," said Violet.

"Bye," replied Peri.  Then Violet hung up.  She quickly threw on a coat, left a note on the door in case Peri showed up before she got back to her room (Peri was the only other Color who knew Violet's passcode), and went to retrieve the Ultra Violet.

See more stories by fa la la la la la la la luna
Fantastic story! And thanks

Fantastic story! And thanks for the shout out. :)

Posted by Vivace on Mon, 10/16/2017 - 23:31