/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Colors: Chapter One | KidPub Press //
Colors: Chapter One

Colors: Chapter One

Posted January 27th, 2014 by FrostBittenKitten

by luna :)
in The heights

Indy walked briskly down the hall, her feet pounding the lush carpet.  What could they possibly want from me?  I haven't done anything wrong! Indy thought, annoyed.  This was the fourth time she had been summoned by the Rainbow Council this week.  What was the problem now?  Were Jeff and Juliet bickering again?

Indy's dark hair swished as she gained speed.  She was less than ten meters away from the door, when it opened and Jeff's eager face peeked out.  Indy rolled her eyes.  "Come in," Jeff said invitingly.

"Okay," Indy replied.  As if I wasn't going to anyway, she thought.  She walked through the brightly painted door marked "Colors."  "What is it now?" Indy asked, sitting down in the chair with the word "Indigo" in vibrant color.  Indy couldn't help but notice the others' reactions to her question.  Violet looked nervous; Juliet frowned; Theo folded his arms and sighed; Sunny bit her lip; Jeff smirked; and last, Aiden closed his eyes and took a deep breath.  Crap, Indy thought.  This must be more important than I thought at first.

"Indy," Aiden began, a serious look on his face for once.  "You've been removed from the council."  So that's what this is about, Indy said inside her mind. 

Out loud she said,"Why?"

"Well," breathed Juliet.  "Someone has suggested you're not a true rainbow color.  I mean, they sing about you in kindergarten songs, but they teach the opposite in middle school."

"Too many people agreed to the notion you should be kicked off the council for us to keep you on and not feel threatened," Theo added, frowning.

Sunny shrugged,"Sorry."

"And you didn't feel the need to ask me about this first?!" Indy exploded.  "You can't just kick me off!!"

"Sorry, you're just a color," Aiden said.

"Actually, we can," Jeff chimed in.

"But it isn't fair!  But I am a color!" Indy shrieked.

"You still are, and always were, but you're not a rainbow color," Juliet told Indy, forcing her to face the truth.

"That's not what I meant," Indy explained indigently.

"We know, but you have to face the facts, Indy.  Sorry," Juliet responded.

"Why don't you just go find your little Romeo and declare him a rainbow color, only to kick him off the council two weeks later!" shouted Indy, almost in tears.

"Shut up!  I don't know anyone named Romeo!" Juliet yelled back.

"Juliet--" Sunny began, but Jeff grabbed her shoulder.

"Let her go," he said calmly.

"But she's going to explode!" complained Sunny, shrugging off his grip.  The blonde dashed at Juliet.

"Move," Juliet snarled.

"C'mon Julie, you don't really have to fight," Aiden assured her.  Sunny backed up.  Violet slipped out the back door.

"BLUE!!" Juliet screamed, and her long brown hair began to turn blue.  Her clothes changed into a jumpsuit with short shorts and a tank top.  She had sleevelets and blue boots as well.  Her weapon, a paintbrush, appeared in her hands.  "Let's dance," she said, grinning.

"Oh no," whispered Theo.  Sunny covered her eyes.

"INDAGO!!" Indy yelled.  Her hair and eyes turned indago, and a short indago dress appeared instead of her normal clothes.  A bow appeared in her hands.

It was Juliet who made the first move.  Her paintbrush struck Indy down, and she fell on her butt.  Jumping to her feet, Indy released an arrow, but Juliet was too fast.  By the time Indy's arrow was far enough to hit her, Juliet had her paintbrush up to block it.  The arrow came back at Indy, but she ducked just in time.  As Indy recovered her balance, the paintbrush hit her in the face, causing her to slam into the wall.  She wasn't sure, but she thought she heard an "oh no" from Theo as the collision took place.  Indy blinked, and saw Juliet standing over her.  

"It's over, Indy," she sneered, and Indy's world went black.  Sunny uncovered her eyes to see Juliet standing triumphant.  

"Juliet, you did, didn't you?" Sunny asked.

Juliet replied,"Yeah, I guess I did."  She was now back to her normal form, mid-back brown hair, with the ends dyed blue, fair skin, blue eyes, and back in her normal clothes.  Now that she was done exploding, Juliet felt better.  Sometimes it was good to let off some steam.  She stratched the back of her head, an awkward look on her face.  "I suppose we should get Indy to the hospital wing now."

"Ya, I suppose we should," Aiden agreed.  "Where's Violet?"  In all the commotion, no one had noticed her slip out.

"I dunno," Theo replied.

"I hope she's all right," Sunny added, once again back her cheery self.

"Let's go," Juliet said, picking Indy up with Sunny and Aiden's help.  Jeff stood in the corner, looking on the current keepers of blue, green, yellow, and red exited the room.  

"I need to have a meeting with the Colors of Orange," he muttered.

~~~~~~~

Violet dashed down the hall, glad to be alone again.  Not another Juliet explosion.  They didn't happen often, and Theo told her they could be brutal.  Luckily, Violet didn't know that for herself.  She ran off before Juliet got into a fight with someone.  Being the keeper of the color violet, Violet had enough of the other keepers.  She had been a keeper the longest, even longer than Aiden.  She had grown tired of Jeff's constant shananagans.  That, and Juliet's fits of anger, was why she always left..

She needed to visit the Colors of Violet.  She had called a meeting for that time three hours ago.  Violet hoped they wouldn't be late.

See more stories by luna :)
This is
Posted by Silversprinkle [Sam] on Mon, 01/27/2014 - 19:26
Yup, this is awesome! Smiley

Yup, this is awesome! Smiley Blast!!!!!!! :) :P :) :P :) :P :) :P :) :P :)

Posted by Alice on Mon, 01/27/2014 - 20:00
Quite interesting, and quite

Quite interesting, and quite good.

- Demon Kitten

Listen to the soul play it's symphony... http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/symphony-soul-awakening-19531...

Posted by Demon Kitty (TD... on Mon, 01/27/2014 - 23:13
Ooh Luna! Sparkly! Colors!

Ooh Luna! Sparkly! Colors! *goes make charrie*

-People just suck in general.- ~Lena

Posted by Angel Hellhound... on Tue, 01/28/2014 - 02:32
This was great! Keep writing

This was great!

Keep writing it!

Posted by Sarah on Thu, 01/29/2015 - 19:55
That is really creative and

That is really creative and well written!

You are being watched. crackle crackle THE COMUNICATION HAS ENDED

Posted by Jonathan on Mon, 02/29/2016 - 08:27
Thank you!! :) Please read:
Posted by Piper McLean {a... on Mon, 02/29/2016 - 16:45
I like this! I always

I like this! I always thought about doing something with the colors of the rainbow, but you got to it first :)

Posted by Kaitlyn on Wed, 05/25/2016 - 10:45
Thank you!  You can totally

Thank you!  You can totally find a different way to incorporate rainbow colors into a story, as long as it's not too similar.  :)

Posted by summer sunrise ... on Wed, 05/25/2016 - 14:50
I love it, It is so cool how

I love it, It is so cool how you have incorparated the rainbow. I think that perhaps violet should now be puple because there is only one purple now.

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." - Shakespeare

Posted by Vivace on Fri, 08/11/2017 - 18:59