/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Corrupted Criminals: (Chapter 25) | KidPub Press //
Corrupted Criminals: (Chapter 25)

Corrupted Criminals: (Chapter 25)

Posted April 4th, 2018 by QuartzMaster

Okay so I've gotten back to working on this, I had to reread the whole thing about two times so I can remember what I was planning... Hopefully you'll enjoy, otherwise I did all the work for nothing.

Chapter 25:

I was prepared, at least I think I was. I kept telling myself not to freak out if a guy and a girl show up at the door. They were the good guys. Why was I scared? Was it because the girl was freaking me out by speaking to me in my mind?

“Okay we are about to come in.” I heard the voice in my head say.

“What!?” I exclaimed in my mind.

I looked over at the front door, and in came two people. One was a girl, one was a boy.

The girl had long blond hair and was wearing jeans and a flannel shirt. Her eyes were blue and bright.

The boy had dirty blond hair, somewhat brown at the same time. His eyes were brown with a bit of orange in them. The boy wore colorful gym clothes, he looked like an athlete.

“Hey Zoran. We finally found you.” The boy said.

“You guys are Elemen and Eira right?” I asked.

“Yeah.” The girl (Eira) said. “We sure are.”

“So you can hear me right now?” I asked in my mind to make sure.

“Yep.” I heard a reply.

“Well alright then.” I said, “so… what do we do now that you have found me?”

“Stuff.” The boy (Elemen) said. “First off let’s heal your wound.”

“Heal? You can heal?” I asked.

“Yep.” Elemen replied as he leaned over towards my injured leg.

I suddenly felt the pain disappear, and Elemen then took off the cloth. My injury was… Completely gone. Amazing.

I was quiet as I was in shock, looking at my healed leg.

“Well…” Eira then said, “the others are on their way now. Soon we’ll all be here then Volo can explain what his plan is.”

“But what do we do in the meantime?” I asked.

Elemen took out three wrapped up large sandwiches.

“We eat.” Elemen said while smiling.

I was silent. YES! I was starving anyway I hadn’t ate anything for a long time, ever since the others and I ate pizza at that family’s house.

I took a sandwich, unwrapped it, and started eating it like a starving hog.

“S-slow down.” Eira said while she sat down next to me and began to eat hers, but SLOWLY.

“Yeah man, slow down or you’ll choke!” Elemen said, “I know you haven’t ate for a while, but wow!”

I listened and slowed down. I haven’t ate anything this good. I tasted chicken, with tomatoes and lettuce and some mayo sauce… It was still good!

“So…” Elemen said, “lot’s of bad stuff are happening.”

“Yeah…” I muttered.

“We are gonna stop it. When the others get here and Volo tells us the plan… We are gonna win.” Elemen said.

“I hope so…” I said, before turning to Eira, “are they here yet?”

“Wait let me ask…” Eira replied before being silent.

I continued eating my sandwich as the room was silent.

“They are close.” Eira said, “like very close. In about five minutes they will arrive.”

“Well we better get ready for them then.” Elemen said, getting up, “I’ll go find them.”

“O-okay…” I said before Elemen walked out of the building.

It was about five minutes before he returned. He obviously wasn’t alone… I spotted Volo with him, along with Draco, Tuff, Kalse, and a tall man with a beard that looked a lot like Tuff.

“Oh hey it’s Zoran!” Draco said.

“Umm… yeah we can all see that.” Tuff said.

“I know.” Draco replied to him in a cocky tone.

“Everyone be quiet!” Eira yelled, “Volo has to tell us the plan!”

The room went quiet. Everyone had their attention to Volo, who stood tall in front of us.

“*AHEM*,” Volo said, “okay… So… All of us know what is going on… That guy… the one that Zoran was cloned from… He is the biggest threat. So… Here’s the plan… All of us with powers, Eira, Elemen, Kalse, and I will go after him.”

“But what about the rest of us?” Tuff questions.

“You guys… go after the not so crazy one… You go after Tomo and Tomo Jr.” Volo said.

“Wait… ‘Tomo Jr’?” I asked.

“Oh you don’t know…” Tuff told me, “Winter betrayed us.”

“What?” I asked.

I was about to say something after that but Draco started talking before I could talk.

“Yeah, he’s acting like a lunatic now… Just like the actual guy he was cloned from.” Draco said.

What? How could Winter betray us? When I first met him, when he first found us, he acted… Somewhat casual, somewhat nervous… And now Draco describes him as a lunatic.

“Enough talking now.” Volo said, “we have to get moving now… We split up like I said earlier… Kalse, Eira, Elemen, and I. The rest of you go after the other lunatic. Let’s get moving.”

Volo walked out the building, followed by Elemen, Eira, and Kalse. They soon disappeared, and all the rest of us stood in our spots.

“Alright… well… I guess it’s me, Zoran, Tuff, and Tuff’s dad now… Should we get moving?” Draco asks.

“Yeah. Let’s go get Winter.” Tuff said, nodding. “Or should I say… Tomo Jr.”

So apparently the person who looked like Tuff was his dad…  I felt jealous of Tuff, since he has his father with him. I don’t even remember my father, but I know I look nothing like him since I am a clone… How does it feel to have a real family?

“Come on. Let’s go then.” Draco said, walking out of the building.

I followed, as well as Tuff and his father. Outside there were just skyscrapers everywhere, which makes sense, we are in New York. And I learned in school, a long time ago that was, that New York is one of the biggest cities in the US.

We started walking in the city. It was dark and quiet… If someone who had lived here before was walking out here… He would probably be surprised. There was absolutely NO ONE out here. Everyone was gone. It was dead quiet.

“Where are all the criminals?” Draco then asked.

“What?” I asked back.

“There were a lot of criminals with guns all over the city. But they disappeared. Why is that?” Draco questions.

“They were called.” Tuff dad said, “that crazy criminal is one of the leaders. I would say he is the top leader.”

“So wait… what does this mean?” Tuff asked.

“The other dudes with powers are going after him. But they will be outnumbered… If they were normal people, they will be killed for sure. But apparently they have these special abilities… They should be fine.” Tuff dad said. “What we should look for is Tomo and Tomo Jr.”

We continued walking silently before Tuff spoke up.

“Wait… How will we find Tomo? Kalse knows how because he has powers but… We have none… How will we find him?” Tuff asked.

“I actually have no idea.” Draco said.

“Well you will now.” we heard a voice say.

We turned to look… It was Agent Patrick, from the FBI.

“Patrick!” Tuff yelled, “Err- I mean Steam-Storm!”

“It’s fine. The criminals are all gone.” Agent Patrick said, “in fact, they are all in one location… In front of the Empire State Building. I overheard your talk. Volo’s plan is a horrible plan. They are outnumbered. They will die.”

“They aren’t normal humans.” Tuff dad said.

“But every criminal is there. They will die.” Patrick said, “all of them.”

No… They can’t die… We need them. We need them to get rid of the lunatic criminal that wants everyone dead… I feel that they are our only hope to win, since they have powers.

Please don’t die, Volo, Kalse, Eira, and Elemen.

to be continued in the next chapter, which i am still working on

NO DON'T DIE! Good job

NO DON'T DIE! Good job Osaid!

Posted by Cherith on Thu, 04/05/2018 - 12:07