/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Cry of the Ghost-Chapter One-Jaedyn (Venom and Medicine/Controllable fans, CLICKY!) | KidPub Press //
Cry of the Ghost-Chapter One-Jaedyn (Venom and Medicine/Controllable fans, CLICKY!)

Posted December 10th, 2012 by Lena

by Lena
in the stars

A/N: I am officially on the last book in my first series:D Hehehehe, so excited! Thank you so much to all followers. This would be nowhere without you epicle awesome human beings! Please CC:D So, I proudly present you the first chapter of Cry of the Ghost!

CHAPTER ONE

POV: Jaedyn

I kneel on one knee, with the other leg propped up and my right hand gripped into a fist. The fingers of my left hand gently brush the cold marble tiles of the floor. My midnight black curtain of hair falls over my eyes, so I can’t see anything.

That’s good—I don’t want to see the expression on Jacob’s face. I don’t want to see the expectation in his hazel eyes, the grudging proudness.

“This mission is yours, if you choose to accept it,” Jacob says. I take a deep breath and look up. My hair falls back from my pale face, and I can feel my heart beating against my ribcage unevenly.

“I do.”

Jacob gazes down at me, his ruggedly handsome features twisted into a pleased smile. With a silver sword, he taps my head—like they used to do in the old days. Little do mortals know that that tradition was started by Gifted. It was a way of passing one’s power into another Gifted—a blessing of sorts.

“You, Jaedyn Claret Black, are officially on a mission,” Jacob says.

***

I take a deep breath and look up at the sparkling mansion, its fortifications the same color of the snow around my feet. I feel like a raven in all this white; with my black boots, jeans, hat, and jacket. Oh, and my hair doesn’t help much, either.

I take a deep breath and walk past the fancy cars parked in the driveway, up the sidewalk and to the front door. I gulp, utterly terrified, and ring the doorbell. Oh, God, oh, God.

I can hear laughter inside, feel warmth just emanating from the house. How long has it been since I laughed? I wonder, flicking a strand of stray hair out of my eyes. I think since Rain—

I cut my thought short.

“I’ve got it!” someone calls from inside, a twinge of laughter in their voice. I hear the lock click, the turning of the doorknob. My breath catches in my throat as the door swings open. In the doorway stands a good-looking boy with ruffled chocolate-brown hair and happy dark eyes. Holden, I think, remembering how Rain told me about him. Back then, I thought she just had it bad; but now, after I’ve seen him fly out of the air just to save her, I know that she isn’t completely insane.

His face instantly turns hard at seeing me. I try for a smile. “Hey, there. Any chance you’ll let me in without killing me?” I ask hopefully.

Holden grabs me by the wrist and drags me in the door, shouting, “GUYS! YOU SHOULD SEE THIS!”

“I’ll take that as a no,” I mutter.

Holden shoves me down onto a chic white couch—Is everything white in this place?—and snaps, “Move, and I will kill you.”

“You, sir, are a ray of sunshine,” I say sweetly, smiling up at him.

Holden almost laughs—I can see that—but he manages to keep it down. “Just stay there,” he orders. He turns on his heel and stomps up the spiral staircase in the corner of this very plush living room. I look around at the room. The walls are silvery-colored, with faded-looking gray trees painted on them—like a dead forest. The floor is covered in plush light gray carpeting. The furniture is modern and fashionable, like something out of a housing catalogue. Near the entrance hall, a doorway is cut out of the wall, leading into what I assume is a kitchen.

About six people trample down the stairs, the girl with  bright red hair at the front. Her pretty face is distorted by a frown. “What are you doing here?” she growls, continuing down the staircase and stomping over to me. “What the heck do you think you’re doing at my house?”

“This is a house? Pardon me, but I come from California, and this place looks exactly like the celebrity mansions,” I say, glancing around again.

Holden and another guy in his mid-teens follow the red-haired girl down the stairs. “Bloss, chill,” the teenage dude says gently.

Right, I think. Redhead is Blossom Crimson—Rain’s best friend.

A girl with a long dark braid and bright, stormy eyes enters the scene—Rain. She stays silent and stone cold, but disappears down the hall—to shut the front door, probably. I glance up at the two boys still on the stairway. One of them is short, with an elfish face, curly black curls, and olive skin. My eyes drift upwards to the other guy, and my breath catches in my throat. Sky blue eyes, light brown, slightly unruly hair, and a dry smile—Harry looks as gorgeous as ever.

“Hey Jade,” he says, smiling crookedly down at me. His British accent is fading a bit, but it’s still charming.

“Hey Harry. I see you’ve found a new place to stay,” I say nonchalantly.

“Yep,” Harry agrees, following the Latino Elf guy down the stairs. He walks over, obviously unafraid of me, unlike the others. Harry sits down next to me—and I mean, right next to me. Like, I can feel his hip pressed up against mine. “What are you here for?” Harry asks, just as Rain reappears.

Her eyes are stormy and wild, and her bangs curve under her chin gracefully. Her black braid is slung carelessly over her black-shirted shoulder, but she still manages to look superior and beautiful. Rain crosses her arms over her chest and shifts her weight to her right leg. Clad in jeans and a simple black T-shirt, Rain manages to look intimidating and cold. Even with the fuzzy Christmas socks she’s wearing—and someone who can pull that off is incredibly impressive by my standards.

I shake my head and look down at my black snow boots, shaking me back to the idea of the mission. My mission, I correct myself giddily. Jacob must really trust me.

I look back up, looking directly at everyone in the room, looking them in the eyes for a moment. I turn to Harry, still vaguely aware of our legs still pressed together. I take a deep breath, exhaling shakily. I have to make this believable. If I don’t, I’m just plain screwed. I stare at my hands folded on my lap. “I-I ran away,” I whisper, barely audible.

Chaos breaks loose.

“You did what?” Harry screams, at the same time as Blossom shrieks at such a high pitch that I’m surprised all the windows in a mile-radius of here don’t shatter. Everyone else but Rain curses loudly, saying words that I think should only belong in an R-rated movie.

I look up at Rain, and lock eyes with her. Her glossy red lips are tipped down in a puzzled frown, her eyes wild and thoughtful at the same time. “Why?” she inquires quietly. At the sound of Rain’s melodic, clear voice, everyone shuts up.

I gulp nervously, and close my eyes for a second, trying to avoid her piercing gaze. “He-he—well how do I say this?” I mutter.

“Just spit it out, Blue Eyes,” the curly haired guy snaps.

I hear someone slapping him on the arm and a hiss, “Greg!”

Okay—so Elf Guy is Greg. I take note of that in my head.

I look back up, straight at Blossom. Her sea-foam-green eyes sparkle with cold wonder as they lock with mine. “He asked me to marry him,” I murmur.

The words have the desired effect: everyone completely flips. All except for Rain, who stays calm and reserved. “I always knew he was a creep!” Harry shouts.

Rain looks at me suspiciously, but says with an icy smile, “You can stay at my place.”

Fake—well, real, but not for the reason they think—tears of relief stream down my face, and I fling myself into Rain’s arms. “Oh my God, thank you!” I cry. Rain pats my back reassuringly, like she’s used to her ex-best-friends sobbing into her shoulder and hugging her. Actually, knowing Rain, that might be a part of her daily life. I shake that thought and just play it up. I need this.

I am officially in.

See more stories by Lena
I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I

I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU.  I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. WHAT IS HER MISSION!?! I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. YOU ARE SO EVIL!!!! WHAT ON EARTH IS HER MISSION? YOU ARE GOING TO GET THEM ALL KILLED!!! I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU.  I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU.  I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. OH, AND CONGRATS ON STARTING THE THIRD BOOK! I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU.I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU.

*coughs* I think I got my point across. XD

No, I don't really hate you. It's just, you are so good of a writer...

CC:

NONE!

Oh, you should have heard me when I saw this chapter was out. I was like, "OH YEAH, UH-HUH, OH YEAH!!!" I practically started dancing I was so happy. But I stopped 'cuz I wanted to read this. :P

Nice chapter! Loved it! I'll be waiting (rather impatiently, I might add) for the next chapter! :D

-----

My sig! Check out this stuff:

My Untitled Story: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/untitled-story-prolouge-20811...

Jace X. Ander's Clogging Notice: http://www.kidpub.com/story/call-attention-notice-about-clogging-7981302...

~~Lydia~~

Posted by Lydia on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 21:55
You stealed my first

You stealed my first comment!  And my excessive hates...  THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!  QQ: who's POV's will you be doing this time?  (Lena)

CACrules :D ~If you can't say something, write it--ME :D

Posted by CACrules :D on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 22:22
:D Thanks!   ----- My sig!

:D Thanks!

-----

My sig! Check out this stuff:

~~Lydia~~

Posted by Lydia on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 22:36
Haha thanks guys. And I add

Haha thanks guys. And I add a new POV every book so It'll be Rain, Holden, Blossom, and Jaedyn;) thanks to you both for being awesome followers!

Okay, here's my theory: Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga are actually Capitol citizens who couldn't stand The Hunger Games, so they invented a time machine and traveled back to our time and became pop stars. O.O

Posted by Lena on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 22:48
O_O No...no, this cannot be

O_O

No...no, this cannot be happenning. D:

ADFLGHLAJKDHGLKHFGLHADKJGHLAKDJGHLKJA *cue Lydia's comment :3*

I am going to kill Jaedyn. Personally.

*~Dancing in the Flames~* : http://www.kidpub.com/story/dancing-flames-2301130604

Posted by Cherrybomb on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 23:27
Haha XD *continues laughing

Haha XD *continues laughing mischeviously* *coughs* Ahem, so anyway, you might not want to kill her yet because...well, she still has chapters to narrate laugh But after this book--you know, if I haven't killed her--well, feel free! Thanks!

Posted by Lena on Tue, 12/11/2012 - 08:54
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ~gasps in pure horror~ NONONONONONOONONONO

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!??!?!

D:

~dies, but with last breath presses faved~

~~Calla~~ Writing is the best way to talk without being interrupted.

Posted by ~~Calla~~ on Tue, 12/11/2012 - 00:38
Hehehehehehehehe *grins

Hehehehehehehehe *grins evilly* I have my reasons....mwahaha!

*Cough cough* So anyway, thanks for following!

Posted by Lena on Tue, 12/11/2012 - 08:55
I am super new on Kidpub so

I am super new on Kidpub so i haven't read the book before this but now i have some thing awsome to read when i am not writing. you are a realy good writer

Never laugh at live Dragons. J.R.R. Tolkien ~*~Abigail~*~

Posted by Abigail on Tue, 12/11/2012 - 10:57
Aw thank youz!!! ^O^ Okay,

Aw thank youz!!! ^O^

Posted by Lena on Tue, 12/11/2012 - 17:54
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY  GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WRITE MORE SOOON!!!!!!!! im dieing!!!!!!!!!!

-A friend is someone who's just as weird as you and wont roll their eyes at your craziness! -ME!!

Posted by Nicole :D on Thu, 12/13/2012 - 18:40
Aw thanks. I have a slight

Aw thanks. I have a slight case of WB, though, so the next chapter might not be out for a bit.

Posted by Lena on Fri, 12/14/2012 - 20:10
But I like Jaedyn! I wanted

But I like Jaedyn! I wanted her to be somewhat good :-(

Welcome to Byd. You had better hide, before the Valley Lords get you... http://bydthesisterhoodworld.weebly.com/ I lost the game!

Posted by Kat Autumn on Sun, 12/16/2012 - 19:37
Jaedyn: Why thank you, I

Jaedyn: Why thank you, I like me too ;)

Posted by Omega (Lena) on Sun, 12/16/2012 - 20:53