/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Cure for Juvenile Folly {A Sardonic Introduction} | KidPub Press //
The Cure for Juvenile Folly {A Sardonic Introduction}

Posted January 6th, 2013 by MaryElizabeth

by Mary Elizabeth
in a library, most likely.

A/N: I should be working on the Soldiers of Tomorrow, but this book is loosely based on my own ridiculous dreams, so I enjoy pretending that the protagonist is me in an alternate universe. Oh, and this prologue is kind of humor, but the rest is cynical realistic fiction. I guess that's pretty much my life.

Prologue-A Sardonic Introduction

After forming an intricate analysis, there is finally an answer: idiocy truly can kill. The death of a victim of stupidity is not as brutal nor as severe as being exposed to ignorance—ignorance motivates said person to battle, while imbecility simply causes suicidal thoughts so that the poor soul’s IQ doesn’t plummet into negative integers—but simple-mindedness is just as torturous.

But do not fret, dear reader! Both the poisoned human and the humans targeted by its pungent scent can be treated. Depending on how early the disease is spotted, it is possible to cure idiocy, but alas, the moronic gene can run in a bloodline for generations. (There have been ideas of the extermination of the simpleton species, but activists have opposed them with gusto.) If found early in a victim’s life, immediately apply literature, science, and logic into the infected brain.

I presume that by now I must have terrified you (If not, you may be a victim. Head towards the nearest library at once before it’s too late.), but please understand that I must inform you of the dangers of asininity. Though, if you truly are frightened, it would be best if you would stop reading.

One last warning: beware the young. Their intelligence is unpredictable. As with all people, there are those born immune, those born already tainted with the epidemic, and those surviving the plague, but children are the most dangerous. They are packed messily into schools, where there are areas that are cesspools and areas where refugees linger in quarantine. This is the story based on the study of ludicrous behavior among youth.  

See more stories by Mary Elizabeth
wowie wow wow! i really love

wowie wow wow!

i really love this, it's an interesting insight, especially the last paragraph! 

my only real CC is to cut back on the constant use of those intricate words! i know they're fun, but they can detract from the tone you're trying to put out. try using less intrusive adjectives and nouns to give it the subtler, creepier tone you're looking for.

but i really love it, and i'll be sure to follow this story.

Posted by Flat Soda on Sun, 01/06/2013 - 13:22
Thanks for the CC, I was

Thanks for the CC, I was afraid that I was relying on the words, but I'm glad you verified that.

Posted by Mary Elizabeth on Sun, 01/06/2013 - 14:00
This is literally

This is literally amazing. 

Wow.

Your writing flows perfectly. <3

I've been sleeping on stones, and they've formed to my spine.

Posted by Potato. (Querke... on Sun, 01/06/2013 - 13:22
My gosh M.E.  This is

My gosh M.E.  This is amazing, I love the way you treat idiocy like a plague. And how it spreads, through kids in schools. I hope to see a new chapter or something in the near future.

"Today is the tomorrow we were worried about yesterday."-- Unknown

Posted by The Velvet Touch on Sun, 01/06/2013 - 19:50
I love your tone. The tone

I love your tone. The tone is mostly the best part, may I say. The eccentric voice in which the narrator is speaking at; I adore that the most of the introduction. The way you followed the reader through the occurences of what the book is going to hold... that is what I love about books and this certain one holds it all. Now I shall read the predictably awesome first chapter.

—Adrian's Graveyard—

Posted by Max and Adrian on Wed, 01/23/2013 - 19:04