/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Curse of the Berry Chapter 5 (not done yet) | KidPub Press //
The Curse of the Berry Chapter 5 (not done yet)

Posted July 29th, 2018 by chicken123

Chapter 5 Different

Everything was blurry. Jenna blinked a few times to clear up her vision, and saw that Nick was kneeling over her, trying to get her to wake up. She blinked a few times, and her vision cleared. Groaning, she sat up. She rubbed her head, and felt a burning sensation in both of her hands. She looked down at them, and saw that they had blue sparks shooting out of them. What. The. Heck. She tried to stand up, but Stacey pushed her back, insisting that she should lay back down. Laying down with her hands behind her head, she wished that she had a piloow. Only a second after she thought this, her hands started tingling, blue sparks flew from her hands, and soon, she was laying on the fluffiest pillow she’d ever felt. What is happening today?!!!! “This pillow only appeared after I wanted it to. And it appeared where my hands were,” she thought out loud.

“Maybe that’s because pillows are supposed to go under your head?” Stacey said sarcastically. “If you really think it was your hands, point at something and make it float!” she said excitedly.

“Do you feel normal, though?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, just a little dizzy.” Jenna replied. She sat up all the way, put out her hands, and concentrated on making the coffee table in the center of the room float. Nick and Stacey had apparently brought her to her house when she was unconscious.

Jenna closed her eyes, wiggled her fingers, and willed the table to move. When she opened her eyes, her hands had blue light coming out of them, and it was surrounding the coffee table, which was floating three feet in the air. She brought her hands down, and the coffee table sat on the carpeted floor again. For ten seconds, nobody talked. Then Nick broke the silence. “Whoa,” he breathed. A smile slowly crept onto Jenna's face. She could do whatever she wanted! She could become popular at school, end world poverty, fly, and heck, she could even be a superhero if she wanted. She could even read everybody’s deepest, darkest, secrets.

Apparently Nick was thinking the same thing about the secrets part, because a look of panic flashed across his face. What could he possibly be hiding? Jenna thought. I probably shouldn’t worry about it. But now it’s really time to have some fun! She turned to Stacey, and raised an eyebrow mischievously. Nick slowly backed away, and ducked behind the coffee table.

“Oh no you don’t!” Stacey yelled. Too late. Jenna wiggled her fingers, and turned Stacey into a frog. Nick busted out laughing from behind the coffee table. Then, Jenna turned Stacey into a duck, then a deer, fish, eagle, pig, chicken, and a fox. By that time, Nick was laughing so hard, that his face was purple, and he was rolling around on the ground crying. Then, Jenna had an idea. She turned to Stacey with both hands on her hips. Stacey’s fox eyes were wide. Then Jenna turned her into a unicorn. Maybe I can make unicorns real! Jenna thought. She turns just in time to see Stacey running towards her on her four blue legs, her rainbow horn headed for Jenna. She quickly changed her back to normal before she could get impaled by the rainbow horn.

“This is so cool!” she yelled enthusiastically. She looked at Stacey, and saw that she was glaring at her.

“Sorry,” Jenna said sheepishly.

“We should go tell somebody. Oh! What about the president?” Stacey was jumping up and down.

“No! No one can know!” Jenna said quickly. “This has to be our secret.” All three of them made an oath to never tell anyone their secret, unless it was an emergency. When they all finished reciting the oath, they just stood there with silly grins spread across their faces, thinking of all that they could accomplish in the near future.

Eventually, the moment was gone, and they decided to have Jena try something else with her powers: taking over people’s minds. As they walked out of the restaurant, Jenna started concentrating on controlling people’s minds. Some of the people she knew, and some she didn't. She made them run into stuff, act like a chicken, and she made one sing super loud on top of the restaurant they just came out of. Jenna gasped suddenly. “There’s Brad Johnson! Should I read his mind?” Jenna has liked Brad for as long as she can remeber. He was one of the most popular kids at school, mainly because he was a jock and trombone player. He could get a rouchdown in his sleep, and he played over all of the school band.

“You should read his mind. See if he knows you’re alive.”

“He probably doesn’t,” Nick muttered. Jenna pretended that she hadn't heard him, and turned her head, to look into Brad’s mind. She saw that he did not care for Jenna - but he knew she was alive - he cared for somebody name Mary Shilbertz. Jenna also saw that he hadn't washed his socks in like a week. Gross. She thought. She then tilted her head slightly, so it looked like she wass till reading Brad’s mind, but she was really trying to read Nick’s. Ok, same stuff I already know about him, super smart, super nice, likes someone named--

“You almost done reading Brad’s mind?” Stacey asked..

“Yep.” Here we go. Likes someone named--

“What’d you find out so far?”

“I’ll tell you when I’m done.” Alright, likes someone named...wait, what? It says my name. There’s one other Jenna in our school, but he always talks about how annoying she is. Stacey might be right. What am I going to do?!

“Well? Stacey asked.

“He knows I’m alive, but he likes Mary Shilbertz.” Jenna replied. She glanced at Nick, and saw that he looked relieved. Should she tell him that she read his mind, or would he be mad? She didn’t want to ruin their friendship. She bit her lip. thoughts swirled around in her head, making her confused. How did Brad know she was alive? What did Nick see in Jenna? And who wrote her the mysterious letter? She barely heard Stacey telling her all of the stuff that they were going to do at their sleepover.