/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ D a r k D r a g o n - E p i s o d e B r o s h i (C h a p t e r 5) | KidPub Press //
D a r k D r a g o n - E p i s o d e B r o s h i (C h a p t e r 5)

Posted December 4th, 2018 by QuartzMaster

here's the next chapter things go a bit... oOF

Chapter 5}

It was loud inside. People were messing around or having fun, doing stuff. Well I could be more descriptive, but I’m just gonna say they were doing stuff. Because I don’t know what they’re doing. Looks like drinking to me. And stuff. Stuff is a nice word. It can describe anything. So can the word anything.

“Hellooooo there.” a voice then spoke to us. In front of us appeared a figure dressed in some sort of suits, and had a helmet with goggles on, covering their face.

“Uhhh… hi?” Locke said, a bit caught off guard that someone would just randomly greet us.

“What’s up?” the person said.

“Hello.” I greeted them. “Can we help you? Or can you help us?”

“Yep. I believe I’ve seen you before. But you seem different than what I remember.” the person said.

“Wait. You’ve seen my brother, Draco?” I asked. Obviously they have.

“Ah, it was your brother. Then probably. My sister thought your brother was good looking, and was attracted to him. But now she says her personality doesn’t match his.” the person said.

“Uhh… what.” I was confused. “Someone thinks my twin brother is attractive?”

The person took off their helmet and goggles, revealing a girl with light brown/blond hair. “My name is Uchiha.” She stuck her hand out, and I shook it to be respectful.

“Okay, Uchiha. I’m Broshi.” I said. “This is… my friend Locke.”

“Hi.” Locke said.

“Anyway, I don’t need any help from you. But I can assist you if you’d like!” Uchiha said. Her smile was nice.

“Yeah, we want to get to Aerth.” I said. I was also surprised that Dakrus hasn’t said anything. I wondered what he was doing.

“Aerth?” Uchiha said. “Sure thing, Bro. Let’s go then, my spaceship awaits outside!” We then walked outside with Uchiha, and she led us to a spaceship. “Come on in.”

We walked inside, and I took a seat as Uchiha took hers in the pilot seat. Locke took his seat as well. I watched Uchiha do stuff, and by do stuff I mean pressing buttons. Then the spaceship took off into space.

I sat back in my seat.

“So how long should it take us to get there?” Locke asked as he sat in his seat.

“I don’t know yet.” Uchiha shrugged.

“Okay. I just thought I’d ask.” Locke said.

“Mhm.”

I sat there waiting till we arrived. I wondered what my parents would say when they saw me… Or what they’ve been doing. I also wondered if Draco would be there. If he was… I’m not entirely sure what I would do. I would probably fight him so I show I’m better. Locke said stuff about him changing, but even so, he was a jerk to me. So I’m gonna beat him up for that.

Locke doesn’t know what happened to me there so he really can’t tell me not to get revenge. I will get revenge, I’m not just gonna forgive him for beating me up. He helped Folly, not me. How nice? Either way, I’m not a forgiving person. I’ll get revenge every time.

It was quiet as we kept going. I didn’t know what to expect, since I didn’t know what a family is.

“I wonder how long we’ve been flying for.” Locke said to himself.

No one answered him. It was quiet.

It continued to be pretty quiet until we arrived.

“I’m gonna go alone.” I said. “Uchiha, you should stay.”

“You wanna ride back, no?” she asked.

“Yeah, but not right now. I gotta check stuff.” Stuff is a nice word.

Uchiha sat back in her seat. She then just nodded.

“Okay.” I then left the spaceship. It looked like a farm field was out here, just flat plains and animals.

I recognized it. Not because I’ve been here… but because they showed me pictures. Maybe they wanted me to come back here at some point. Well, I do want to, and I’m already here.

I walked along the gravel road, waiting for when I see a house that I recognized. They also showed me a picture of that too. They didn’t hide much of my past, or, well, where I came from. Then I grew up with them and they made me who I am today.

Then I saw it. It was just as the picture showed it, a normal farm house. My parents were farmers? Lame.

I walked up to the front door of the house. I didn’t know what to expect. I could break in, that would be fun, but that’s besides the point. I knocked on the door instead.

It took awhile before someone came and opened the door. I looked up at them. I didn’t recognize who it was, but it was a man, and his face did look similar to mine, and my brother’s. This must be my father then.

My father looked down at me. I just looked back up at him, and didn’t say a word. There was a moment of silence that felt like a whole hour.

Then he spoke. “Well, it looks like you’re back.” He chuckled. “Hey there, Broshi, my son!”

“Hello.” I replied.

“Want to come on inside? Get something to drink? Man you look so much older, haven’t seen you in forever!”

This is not what I expected either.

“I was kidnapped as a baby.” I said. I walked inside the house cuz he let me in, I guess that’s family. They let you in houses.

“Yeah, we couldn’t get you.” my father led me to the kitchen table and sat down. “But it did make you strong.”

“Ha!” I laughed. “Of course. This body is powerful.” I smirked.

“Exactly.” My father smiled. To me he just seemed like any man, not my father. I thought about how I’ve seen a father and son before. They hugged each other. But this guy here, my father, did none of that. Not complaining though. Don’t like hugs. I deeply despise any form of ‘love’.

“So, father, where is mother?” I asked him.

“She’s with your older brother.”

Wait. “I have more siblings?!”

“Yes. All of them left however. Your older brother Alextro and your younger sister Draelin. Alex is a grown man now so he’s on his own. Your sister went with Draco.” He sat down.

I kind of winced when he mentioned him. “Where are they?”

“Not sure, I don’t keep track of them. They’re done and can be independent now. So my job is done.”

I see. “Well. It’s… nice to see you then.”

“Nice for you to visit too.”

“I’m gonna look for Draco.” I said.

“You don’t want anything to drink?”

“No, I’m fine. I should go find Draco.”

“What do you want from your brother?”

Uh… “Just, just talk to him.”

“About?”

“Umm.” Not sure what he would think about my revenge plan.

I then heard a had frantic knock at the door.

“Hey Broshi, I’m kinda in handcuffs. And the person who handcuffed me said we were coming here next so…” I heard Locke say outside.

My father smirked up. “Code S.” He said.

I heard a sudden scream coming from Locke. What. What just happened? My father opened the door, and Locke was there. Behind him was a man dressed in a full body white suit and had a mask on.

“Perfect.” My father smiled. “Finally caught that one.”

“What…” I was confused.

“Take him away.” My father said to the man. The man nodded and escaped with Locke. My father turned to me. “I hope you don’t mind that we’ve taken your little friend.”

“…” I looked up at him. “Where is he being taken? And who are you?”

“Heh.” My father then laughed. “Did you really think you were kidnapped? We chose to give you to the E.F.A.I. I work with them.” I saw him take out handcuffs.

“You’re not gonna… try and capture me. Are you?” I clenched my fists. I’m not going to go back to that dirt hole again.

“What? You think these handcuffs are just to play a little game of cops and robbers?” My father laughed. “Of course we’re gonna capture you!”

He was about to handcuff me. But I resisted. I let out the dark vines from my back, grabbing the handcuffs and tossing them aside. My father was just… he made me into what I was. I never was kidnapped.

I was furious now. I released my power, surrounding myself with a dark aura, both my eyes lit aflame as I looked at my father.

“It’s useless to resist, Broshi.”

I felt something sting me in my back. I turned and saw a needle, someone had shot me from behind. Of course, I’m stupid. My father mentioned we when he talked. He said we were going to capture you. I didn’t sense anyone else though. They tricked me.

“See you in the morning, Broshi.” The last thing I saw was that smile on my father’s face before I passed out.

?

I rubbed my eyes. I got up, feeling exhausted. How long have I slept for? What happened? Where am I? I had a lot of questions. Looking around, I was in a cage. Great.

Wait. I recognized this place… I was in a laboratory. I was back in the facility. Back in the E.F.A.I.

I then overheard someone talking.

“Both of their trackers have been taken out. What could that mean?” It sounded like a woman’s voice.

“Obviously someone had taken it out.” I recognized the voice… my father. “Must be one of Dr. He’s acquaintances.”

“We’ll replace them then. Once it’s ready.” I heard the footsteps of that woman. She was walking away.

I looked around more. In front of me, there was reflective glass past the cage. We couldn’t see through it, but whoever was on the other side could. To my right was just a wall, one that if I tried to break, it will hurt me in ways normal didn’t think existed. To my left… I spotted Locke asleep in the other cage. It was more like a prison than a cage, the left side of the cage was shared with Locke’s right side.

I let out one dark vine from my back and stuck it into Locke’s cage, poking him with the side that wasn’t sharp.

“Hmmm? What?” Locke asked.

“Oh.” I said. “You’re awake.”

“Yeah.” Locke said.

I laid back. “How’re you… doing?”

“Well besides the fact that they chloroformed me and put me in a cell, I have no cuts or bruises.” Locke replied.

“Well that’s good then.” I sighed. “We’ll be stuck here forever then.”

“Seems like it. Guess looking for your family was a bad idea on our part.” Locke said, sounding guilty.

“But at least now I know what family is: just people that you’re related to.” I said. Part of me didn’t like that my father was the one that put me through the whole E.F.A.I. thing, but because it made me stronger, I was okay with it. I was not okay with being caged like an animal for the rest of my life, however.

“Well yeah. There's something more than that, but you're clearly not gonna get that from your dad.” Locke said gloomily.

“Yeah.” I said. “I don’t know.” I looked over at him.

“Now for all we know, we’re gonna be stuck here forever. Or maybe they’ll just off us.” Locke said.

“Off us?” I questioned.

“Means kill.” Locke replied.

“Oh.” I looked down at the ground. “They won’t kill us, unless we’re failed experiments. And we aren’t failed ones.”

“But are we successful because we escaped?” Locke asked.

“Maybe. All I know is that the failed ones didn’t get mutated correctly or something. If we’re alive after our DNA was modified, then we are successful. Ones that were failures had some problem and they kinda were killed while being altered with.” I explained.

“Well anyway, there's probably no way we’re gonna be able to escape.” Locke said.

“Correct. We’re stuck here.” I nodded.

“Don’t really have anything else to look forward to now.” Locke said as he laid down again.

“Yeeeep.”

It was then silent for a few minutes. I was hungry. And bored, there’s nothing to do in this prison but sit. At least Locke was there though. Isolation drives most of us crazy.

“Hey, Locke.” I then said.

“Yeah?” he asked.

“What… what was your father like?”

“Don’t remember him much. About as much as I remember my older brother.” Locke said.

“How do you know so much about family then?”

“Because what I do remember of them before they separated me and my brother, is that we were always together and happy.” Locke said.

“What makes you happy?”

“Being with people who make me comfortable. Feeling safe. Feeling like I should be where I am.”

“I don’t think you’re happy right now then.”

“Oh definitely not.” Locke said quickly.

My stomach then growled loudly.

“I’m hungry…” I then said.

Suddenly, someone entered the room. I looked up and it was my father. I could see on his name tag, it said ‘Dr. Saurashido’. He had a plate of food with him.

“You hungry, son?” he slipped the plate in under the cell. I took it and ate the food without responding. I ate it all, including the plate. “Oh it looks like you were hungry. Sorry, didn’t get the food to you sooner.”

I looked up at him. “What do you want?”

“You don’t like cages, so, I was gonna take you out.” he said. “As long as, you do as you’re told.”

“Gonna send me on missions again?” I asked.

“Pretty much.”

“Better than being in here.” I stood up. “What’s my mission?”

“The usual. Do whatever to bring in more subjects.” He said. “Your friend, he could help you.”

“I can what now?” Locke asked.

“Join Broshi and recruit. That or stay in that cell forever.”

“I’d rather not be stuck in a cell.” Locke said.

“Then you’ll go with Broshi and recruit.” My father turned around, his back facing us. Then the cell doors opened. I stepped out.

“So how exactly does one recruit people?” Locke asked.

“Broshi knows. Follow his lead.” my father turned to head out the door. He opened it, leaving it open for me. “He won’t fail us. He never has.” The last thing I saw of him was a smirk.

I headed outside into a large hallway. I looked back into the prison room at Locke. “You coming?”

“Yeah,” Locke said as he walked out of the cell. “Was just thinking about something for a second.”

“Which is…?” I asked.

“Nothing important. Just a random thought.” Locke said, shrugging it off.

“If you say so.” I walked out into the hallway. “Let’s go then. Recruitment time.” I could see the exit sign at the end of the hallway. It was glowing green and it said ‘exit’. So it was obviously an exit. “You wondered how we recruit, right?” Locke walked next to me as we headed for the exit. I walked with my hands in my pocket.

“Yeah, I was.” He nodded.

“So pretty much it works this way: Babies are the best, so if we can kidnap babies and bring them in, we get better rewards.” I explained. “Then children, teenagers, excetera. Adults are fully grown so modifying their genetics isn’t as… No clue what. They just prefer kids.” We then reached the exit and walked out, finding ourselves in a desert. Sand was present as far as the eye can see. “This was my life, and is my life again. Kidnapping, killing, hurting… it’s better than being stuck in a cage.”

“Pretty sure most things are.” Locke said.

“Yeah. See, you understand.” I nodded. “We’re pretty much free to do whatever as long as we bring in subjects every once and awhile. At least one subject a day. If we get a bunch, they might give us a vacation.”

“One a day? That sounds like it could be hard to maintain after a while.” Locke said, thinking to himself.

“It’s a big galaxy. I used to get myself a base and capture as many as I could. So I’d have a bunch and I can relax, and I just have to turn one in each day.” I said.

“Well wouldn’t we need a mode of transportation in order to get them here everyday?” Locke asked.

“Yeah. Or we could contact them and have someone pick one up.” I said. “But I don’t do that since I don’t want them finding my base and my strategy, so I just get transportation every time.”

“Sounds simple enough. Isn’t a good deed but it's simple.” Locke said.

“That’s life. Simple but not good.” I said. “You might as well get used to it. Life won’t be all fun and happy. Bad stuff happen. And we have no control over it.”

“Well we of all people have even less control over our lives than normal people do.” Locke said.

“Exactly.”

“So where should we start anyway?” Locke asked.

“Planets that are inhabited, which is obvious. But we have to be careful not to get caught. And if we do… We have to say we did this by our own will, we can’t put blame at the E.F.A.I. Won’t work out.” I said.

“Why’s that?” Locke asked.

“It’s been tried before. By people like you, the goodie kiddos.” I replied. “They won’t believe you since you have no evidence, the E.F.A.I. will leave you on your own once you get caught.”

“Course they do.” Locke muttered.

“Yep.” I nodded. “Now, we gotta get off this planet. Maybe we should use the teleporter back inside.” I went back into the building because this desert was gonna be useless.

“Good idea.” Locke said, following me.

We walked to the teleporter room, where there was a teleporter inside. Duh. There was also a man who nodded at us, allowing us to use the teleporter. We stood on the platform and then were teleported.

We appeared on another platform, and the man there nodded at us, letting us go. We walked out of the room and into another hallway.

“Looks like we’re at the Space Facility.” I said.

“Where do we go from here?” Locke asked.

“To a planet.” I replied. “But first let me pick up something.” I walked to a random office and knocked on the door. A man opened it. “Yo, can I get a contact device?”

“Sure.” He handed me the device that I could use to call someone over to pick up subjects that we capture.

“Thanks.” I then kept walking down the hallway, with Locke following behind. “Okay, we’re good there.”

“Now we just pick a planet and head there via ship or teleport?” Locke asked as we walked along.

“Well we can’t drive so we have a different method of transportation. We take a ship, yeah, but it’s a small pod. It automatically heads to certain planets.” I said, as we took a left into another hallway where the pods were.

As we entered one of the pods, I noticed Locke was studying our surroundings. I took a seat as the pod closed.

“Alright, which planet?” I then asked.

“I dunno. They don’t really educate us on what planets are which outside of a few of the elemental ones.” Locke said.

“Yeah well, then, how about we go with random?” I suggested.

“Better then deciding between like five elemental planets. Three of which are pretty inhospitable for us.” Locke said.

I pressed the buttons to move around the choices and chose random.

“Okay,” I said, looking at the random planet we got, “looks like we’re going to Featherros.” The pod then started moving towards our destination.

“Featherros? What, do they like worship poultry?” Locke asked.

“What?” I asked. “What the heck is poultry?”

“Birds you eat, chickens, ducks, geese, etc.” Locke replied.

“Why would anyone worship food? Sounds dumb.”

“You think most things sound dumb.” Locke replied.

“Yeah, like how Locke sounds dumb.” I laughed a bit at my joke. Locke just glared at me. “What? I’m being honest. What kind of name is Locke?”

“I dunno, what kind of name is Broshi? You’re literally a T away from your name describing a sibling taking a dump.” Locke retorted.

“Oh dang, that was a good one.” I said, laughing.

“Anyway, does the pod tell you how long it's gonna take for us to get to Planet Plumage or something?” Locke asked.

“Just be patient, dude. Who cares how long it takes!” I said, laying back in my seat. “We’re moving at like, light speed, so it won’t matter.”

Locke simply rolled his eyes as he laid in his seat. Sooner or later, our pod landed onto the planet Featherros.

“We’re here.” The pod opened up and I walked out. The planet looked normal, there were trees with bright colored leaves. All the plants were either red, orange, or yellow. There was no green in sight. Even the grass was red, orange, and yellow.

“Huh. Must be Autumn here.” Locke said as he walked out. “Guess here, even the ferns and grass change colors.”

“Yeah. Looks like we’re in a forest.” I looked back at the pod. “We’ll leave the pod and come back once we’re done here.”

We started to walk through the forest until we saw a big castle.

“Looks like a good spot.” I said to Locke as we approached.

“What do you plan to try and live in there?” Locke asked skeptically.

“Nah.” I shook my head.

Once we made it to the gate, we were stopped by armed men, donned in impressive battle armor. They looked at us like we were aliens.

“Contact his majesty!” They then seemed to be calling for their king.

“Yo, you gonna let us in though?” I asked.

The gates opened and we spotted a royal looking man with a crown. Probably the King. Locke and I walked in and the gate closed behind us.

“What brings you to my castle, young men?” the king asked in a deep and commanding voice, yet it sounded friendly. He had purple hair and beard tinged with a mix of gray, he must've been in his early fifties, yet he still looked young and strong.

“We were looking for a place and this was the closest. Ya know?” I replied. I can’t just say we were gonna kidnap a bunch of babies and turn them in to the E.F.A.I. “You’ve got a nice castle here.”

“Are you now? We can probably accommodate you for a night.” The king said, thinking for a bit.

“Sounds good.” I said.

“So where exactly would we stay?” Locke asked, he sounded more polite then he did in the pod.

“We have guest rooms inside the castle.” The King said.

“Got any food?” I asked. “Cuz I’m hungry.”

“We’ve got some in the banquet hall.”

“Nice, okay, so, can I get some?” I asked, as my stomach growled.

“Course you can, just follow me.” The King said.

“King Teloiven you’re being oddly generous today.” One of the guards said.

“It’s good to be generous every once and a while.” the King replied.

We then followed the king, who’s name was Teloiven, into the castle. We walked through fancy hallways and large rooms before finally entering a giant dining hall with huge tables.

“Holy frick, those tables are huge.” I said in awe. “Can I get… a lot of food?” I wondered if Teloiven would feed us just like that.

“Well we do have some leftovers from lunch about half an hour ago.” King Teloiven said. “You could have that if you want.”

“Yes please.” I said.

“Very well.” King Teloiven said before he walked over to a button and pushed it, causing a bell to ring. “Please take your seats.”

As Locke and I sat down we saw dozens of butlers and maids bringing out platter of food and setting them down in front of us.

I then proceeded in eating all of the food, including the plates.

“Please don’t eat the plates.” The King said sternly.

“But they taste fine.” I said.

“They aren’t meant to be eaten in the first place. Keep eating them and you can’t stay here.”

“Okay.” I had to slow down since I couldn’t eat the plates. I proceeded in eating the food. Tasted pretty good to be honest.

“Hey Broshi, you think maybe I could have some food?” Locke asked as I noticed all of the empty plates were next to me and he hadn’t eaten anything.

“You’re slow, not my fault.” I said as I continued eating.

“How is it my fault that that you're taking all of the food before it reaches me? It’s not my fault you're a glutton with a black hole for a stomach and the ability to go faster than sound.” Locke grumbled.

I gave him a full plate slowly with one hand as I continued eating with the other.

“Thank you.” Locke said before he began eating.

Then I had finished all the food as Locke had just started eating. I looked over at him, and raised an eyebrow.

“Don’t make me throw you.” Locke threatened as he was surrounded by a faint purple aura.

“I was just gonna ask… you gonna finish that?” I pointed at his plate.

“Yes. I am.” Locke said.

“Well you’re slow at it.” I said, sitting back.

“Actually, he’s eating faster then a normal human eats. Granted compared to you I guess that would be slow.” King Teloiven said.

“Oh hey, King dude, do you got any more food?” I asked.

“What do you mean? You ate all of the leftovers.” King Teloiven said. “Leftovers which accounted for half of a huge party’s meal at that.”

“Dang you guys have tiny stomachs.” I commented. “Well. Thanks for the food. I’ll spare you since you fed me.”

“Did you seriously just half threaten him?” Locke asked as he finished his food.

“What does it look like, chump?” I retorted as I used a toothpick on my teeth.

“Don’t call me that.” Locke grumbled.

“Then what should I call you?” I asked. “Mr. Slow Eater?”

“I’m beginning to have second thoughts about agreeing to continue being around you.” Locke said with a sigh, ignoring my question.

“Either that or being stuck in a cell.” I replied.

“I’m beginning to weigh which of those would be worse.” Locke said.

“Hey when you came with me, you got food. They don’t feed you well when you’re in a cell.” I replied. “So obviously that one is worse.”

“But I’m wondering which would be worse, sitting in a cell in silence or dealing with your abrasive bullying.” Locke replied.

“Anyway, now that you two are done eating. What else do you plan to do today?” King Teloiven asked, he seemed a bit impatient with our argument.

“Well, we could walk around this place. Seems cool.” I said to the king.

“Hmmm…” King Teloiven thought.

“Sounds good to you? Alright, thanks!” I got up and headed to exit the castle to find some babies to kidnap.

As I walked outside the castle I could see more of the town. It was like a mix of a medieval town mixed with a futuristic city. Pretty cool. I wondered how nice it would look covered in flames…

I then made it into what seemed to be a market. I spotted a baby, I couldn’t tell if it was a girl or a boy. I walked over to it and picked it up. I looked around to see if anyone would stop me. Apparently no one did, so I sped through the town and jumped over the walls, arriving back at the pod. I set the baby inside the pod. Got one down.

I took out the device and called for someone to pick it up. A man appeared afterwards, summoned by the device.

“Yo, got a baby,” I said.

“Ah, good work.” The man saw the baby I had captured.

“In fact, I got this whole kingdom available for use.” I pointed at the castle. When the man turned around to see it, I knew this was an opportunity I couldn’t miss. I stabbed the man in the back, piercing his heart, with a dark vine, killing him. “That’s revenge for capturing me again.” I disintegrated the body with plasma, looking back at the castle afterwards. Why don’t I have some fun with this castle…

to be continued in the next chapter.....