/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Degradation - Prologue | KidPub Press //
Degradation - Prologue

Degradation - Prologue

Posted December 30th, 2013 by ARandomWriter

by Harry
in Victoria

A/N: This is a very short prolgue, I know its not all that great either, but don't worry the story gets better. Ok, so there is nothing to be worried about for the first while in the story but this is sci fi horror and there will be some parts in this novel that may disturb some readers, so if you think that might be you, thats just a warning. The first few chaptersare completely fine though, so read on.

Prologue

Fear, when used correctly, is the most powerful weapon in existence. Very few realize the potential of fear. In the right place at the right time it has the potential to destroy everything.

I know that better than most. I have seen fear used as a weapon, an unstoppable weapon of power beyond imagination. No, actually, that’s wrong. It isn’t beyond imagination. It is imagination.

I have seen things that most would think impossible. I have seen the potential of fear. I have seen the horror, the bloodshed, the destruction that it can cause.

I doubt my story will be believed, but I am only speaking of what has happened to me. Sorry, I’m wrong again. This isn’t my story. It’s the story of eight people, eight wonderful people, and it’s the story of rescue shuttle 2152; the saviour’s glory.

It’s also a story of fear. If anyone who reads this ever finds themselves in the same situation, then I hope to the gods you’ll know what you have to do. Don’t try to fight it. Just run. Run or everyone will die.

See more stories by Harry
Huh. Interesting perception

Huh. Interesting perception of fear from the narrator. I like it. 

Posted by Icy Wind {Arin} on Mon, 12/30/2013 - 09:55
Heyyyyyy how have you been

Heyyyyyy how have you been Arin?

Read the epic fantasy novel, The Crusader!
-----Harry-----

Posted by Harry on Mon, 12/30/2013 - 19:16
Heyyyyyyy I've been good

Heyyyyyyy I've been good Harry how have you been over your hiatus?

Posted by mother's rose g... on Tue, 01/07/2014 - 21:54
Interesting ... I will

Interesting ... I will follow.

POST MORE

And I LOVE how you make it the narrarator that tells the story. Like ... a story within a story. And I LOVE the idea you've created of fear being a weapon. 

You are brilliant Harry Dowling. Now publish The Crusader, and keep writing this! 

"It's Garrett. With two R's and two T's." w_w Everyone spells it with one T …. everyone ….

Posted by Garrett on Mon, 12/30/2013 - 10:10
That was... that was a very

That was... that was a very inspiring comment.

-----Harry-----

Harry, you've done it again.

Harry, you've done it again. You've made me jealous of your writing, of your style, of your ideas. It's just pure magic. The detail is perfect. The emphasis is original and the idea is just—just splendid.

Like you said on Skype, this will be a new book. Harry, this is a NEW, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, PERFECT book.

(*claps*) I shall follow it far, far, far. Write more. It's all just PERFECT. I feel so connected, it's powerful—this book is ENERGY to my life, now. It's like I have to read a prologue just to get inspiration. :)

WELL DONE! :D Continue!

Posted by Ocarina Elf {Max} on Mon, 12/30/2013 - 17:21
Thank you Max. Thank you

Thank you Max. Thank you very much.

-----Harry-----

Posted by Harry on Mon, 12/30/2013 - 19:17