/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Eastfield: Season One: Truth Is Unpopular | KidPub Press //
Eastfield: Season One: Truth Is Unpopular

Posted November 26th, 2016 by Gracithe1andonly

by *Snow*
in wardly searching

“…and in New York, the number of protestors is shrinking slowly, but the group that call themselves the Fledglings…”

“’A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons,’ said Bill Clinton rightly…”

Saxon Pederson shook his head sadly for his country. It was going to the dogs, wasn’t it? First those Fledglings popped up eighteen months ago, and now somehow Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were running for the presidency. He mused on whether the two events were related, and decided they were probably not, save for the fact that both the candidates and the Fledglings were lunatics.

He decided he had had enough of the news and changed the channel, only to find that Stephen Colbert was talking about Fledglings with some celebrity Saxon didn’t recognize.

“They keep saying we don’t get it. Well, I’m sorry to break it to you, kiddos, but we get it better than you get it.”

“These lunatics aren’t doing much, but they’re everywhere. There’s a substantial group of protestors in New York, and funny enough, in Houston, Texas of all places. They’re even in Europe and in Asia…”

Behind him, Saxon’s wife softly approached. “Honey, Luanne’s asleep. We probably should be too. Oh, stop watching the news, it only stresses you more.”

“Mel, why do these lunatics still exist?” he asked.

Melanie rolled her eyes at her angry husband. “They haven’t been around for that long. Eighteen months, or something? The Durantel case ended about, what, two years ago?”

“They keep getting bigger, though,” Saxon knew he was sounding grumpy, like a little child, but couldn’t help himself.

“Oh, Saxon,” she sighed, “they can’t do anything with the whole of society laughing at them, when they talk about them at all. Let’s go to sleep.”

Knowing that his wife was right, Saxon followed her into oblivion.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

sidenote: this is probably the first time I've been able to honestly use the 'realistic fiction' genre

See more stories by *Snow*
I think i'm going to like

I think i'm going to like this story c:

they won't know it's you

you can take it off when you're ready

Posted by mutant kid on Sat, 11/26/2016 - 19:26
I'm intrigued. :> I have no

I'm intrigued. :>
I have no idea if there's something I'm missing to this story but it seems interesting.

Art is the weapon. Imagination the ammunition. Stay strong, and stay dirty. Create and destroy as you see fit.
* ~|*I*|~*

Posted by Schrödinger's Cat on Sat, 11/26/2016 - 23:08
like everyone else, i'm

like everyone else, i'm curious about this.

Posted by panda on Sun, 11/27/2016 - 01:16
i love the dialogue. it

i love the dialogue. it feels so fluid.

TFOTF

Posted by (Garrett) on Wed, 11/30/2016 - 23:34
placeholder comment so I

placeholder comment so I remember to put this on my reading list so I actually read it

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by mAd ArTisT on Tue, 11/21/2017 - 12:07