/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Enemies for Life~Chapter 9 [RATED PG-13] | KidPub Press //
Enemies for Life~Chapter 9 [RATED PG-13]

Posted March 17th, 2009 by Lauren

by Lauren
in describable

A/N: Lauren here....dug this up from my inbox - t'was written before there were some...obnoxious complications... and I thought I'd better honour the public's wishes and post it. Seeing as I'm getting nagged. 

~Caius's POV~

Then, we attacked.
They had locked the door, most unfortunately, and so Fate and I decided to break it down. Or rather I broke it down. She stood and watched me, complaining I wasn't doing it good enough.
Then she yelled into the room, 'Did you tell her?'
'No!' hollered Aiden. He said something in a lower voice that I couldn't hear over the banging I was doing against the door. I wished I had elvin ears.
'Caius - GET AWAY FROM THE DOOR!!!' came Alary's shout.
I was about to holler something back, when I slammed my shoulder against the door -and it broke. Literally. I stumbled and fell through the now open doorway, landing flat on my face in surpirse.
'Ah hey! FATE!!' Aiden yelped as Fate flitted past me into the room
'CAIUS!!' Alary yelled at me. 'What'd you break the freaking door down for?!?'
I scrambled to my feet. Aiden was sitting on Fate, and Alary was glaring at me. I grinned casually.
'Sorry about the door,' I said, looking down at the broken door. The hinges were wrenched off, splintered. 'Oops.'
'Lauren's going to kill us,' Alary groaned. 'Or at least, kill YOU.'
'Ah well. Now what were you talking about?' I demanded, moving swiftly away from the door as if hide the evidence.
'Nothing you should know,' Alary snapped.
'I'll make you tell,' I said.
Fate opened her mouth, most likely to threaten them, and recieved a whack over the head from Aiden.
'We were talking about you,' Aiden said with a grin. 'So you can't know.'
I groaned as Alary kicked me. Hard. In the shins.
'I just - wanted to - GAH ALARY!' I broke off as she slammed a kick into my knee, and turned to glare at her. 'Haven't you kicked enough?'
'Just wanted to make fun of me,' Aiden injertected, shifting slightly, still sitting on Fate. She groaned from the floor.
'Of course,' I said. 'Why else?'
'You little...' Aiden growled.
'CAIUS!' came a scream from by the doorway. I swung around - there were Calla and Lauren, Lauren looking like a thundercloud. Like danger. Uh-oh.
'THE DOOR, CAIUS!?!?!?' she shouted.
'I - uh....'
I didn't get very far. I suddenly found myself with a bloody nose, a twisted leg and something on top of me, pinning me to the ground.
'Laurennnn.....' I groaned. 'You weigh too much....you eat too much chocolate.'
I got a fist in the head for that. Ow.
'Haha!' Aiden shouted. 'Got beat up by a girl!'
'Shuttup!' I mumbled, trying to pull myself out from under Lauren. Alary kicked me in the head to stop me
I heard Aiden laughing his butt off across the room.
'Oh Apollo! I can't breathe!' he gasped.
I went to snarl something at him, and then changed my mind. Instead I shoved Lauren off and scrambled to my feet. Then I grabbed Aiden by the collar and dragged him out of the room and down the hall.
'Hey! What're you doing?' he demanded. I pulled him into the kitchen and slammed the door to turn to him.
'Better to get the info straight from the source,' I said.
Aiden yanked away, straightened up and grinned down at me. 'Hello, old foe.'
'What did you say to my cousin?' I demanded.
'Hmm?' He raised an eyebrow. 'Don't you know? Little sneaker you...'
'I didn't hear, if that's what you mean.'
'And you never will,' he said smugly.
'At least, I didn't hear ALL of it,' I continued, grinning. 'I heard some of it. Enough to ask some awkward questions. And of course I'm sure I could bribe Calla or Lauren into telling me some more.....they had their ears up against the door most of the time...'
Aiden cursed. 'Sh--'
I went on casually, 'And I did hear a bit about you admiring Alary...'
'Oh d -- you eavesdropped too? You sorry piece of trash!' he yelled.
'I'm a very informed and armed piece of sorry trash, if I am at all,' I growled.
'I oughta hang you...' he muttered, cracking his knuckles.
'Yeah yeah, sure.... Well are you going to tell me? Before I either ask the girls or start making wrong guesses? Or beat the crap out of you.'
'This is personal, you loon,' Aiden said with a glare.
'And, of course, this is my COUSIN!' I said.
'So? She doesn't want you to know!' he yelled.
'I only want to protect her!' I shouted back it him.
'From what?!?' demanded Aiden.
'You.' It was obvious. I rolled my eyes, then turned and made for the door. 'Fine. I'll just go ask someone else. I'm sure they'll tell me some interesting stuff.'
'To hell with you!' he shouted. A slight pause. Then - 'Fine, I'll tell you!'
I turned back and grinned. 'Good. Because although it may seem otherwise, I do respect Alary. I only want her to be safe...and also, I don't want to get killed.'
The Rogue scum spluttered. 'Killed?!? You think I'm a serial killer?' His hand was at the knife at his belt.
'No, but Alary might be,' I said, my tone clipped. 'She's more powerful than you think. And she'd hate me if I found out from an...unreliable source.'
We glared at each other for a moment.
'So. Ready for my admission?' he asked at last.
'You bet I am.'
'Well....' Aiden hesitated, and I tapped my foot impatiently. 'I went back to Marlowa, a while ago. When I went back I found my ex-betrothed married to someone else...'
'As would be expected,' I smirked.
'I'm talking here,' he snapped. 'Shut up and listen.'
'I can go ask someone if you want,' I snapped right back.
'No!'
'Then I can comment on whatever I want.'
He glared. 'Anyways...this is something I couldn't tell your cousin in detail because it would have worsened my situation....'
'Mmhmm...' This was getting interesting...
There was a slight pause.
'Remember a few weeks ago when we were nearly killing each other?' Aiden asked.
'Do you think I would forget?' I demanded.
The scum opened his mouth to say something else, but then the kitchen door burst open behind us. I whirled around - Alary had planted herself in the doorway. And there were all the rest, crowded behind her, peering in like stickbeaks.
'What are you doing?' Alary demanded, voice loud.
'Alary!' Aiden exclaimed. 'Please tell your cousin to leave me alone.'
'You think I'm here to do anything else but beat him up?' Her fists were clenched.
Oh wonderful.... Ignoring her, I turned back to Aiden. 'Just tell me the god dang story!' I said.
'WAIT!' he yelled so suddenly that we all jumped. 'Something yesterday - about Fate!'
Huh?
'Fate?' I said, frowning.
'Yeah...' He looked smug by now. 'Fate yelled something about me and Alary yelled something about you.'
'Hah! She did? I don't remember a thing.' I swallowed, hoping I looked truthful. And that I hadn't gone red. God damnit...thought they'd forgotten...
Aiden grinned at my face. 'Okay Caius....you've had your fun...now you get to tell.'
CRAP! I backed away a bit. No way....this wasn't fair...
'Got 'im,' Aiden said with a wider grin.
Oh how I hate him....
'Yes you have...' Alary was now grinning wickedly at me. 'I'm gonna force him to tell.'
Fate cleared her throat. I could hardly glance towards her - but when I did, I saw she was flushed, hands twiddling almost nervously. Eh? What was this?
'Aiden,' she said pointedly, eyes darting everywhere but towards me. 'We should go home now. It's getting late.'
Everyone except Fate and I were grinning their faces off.
'Aww Fate....' Aiden complained. 'This is just getting good.'
She gave him a hard glare, and then turned to Calla. 'You have to study,' she pointed out.
Yes
, I willed her in my mind. Yes you have to study. Go, go, take them, QUICK!
Calla sighed. 'Fine, fine....we're going...C'mon Aiden, make him spill tomorrow.'
The Rogue glanced at Fate, locking eyes with her for a moment, and then sighed too. 'Oh alright,' he grumbled.
We followed Fate out the kitchen, me thanking the stars above that I didn't have to spill just yet, and to the front door, through which Fate disappeared without a backwards glance. It really was getting interesting.. Jeez, you never know what girls are thinking...
'Bye,' Calla and Aiden said in unison as they trudged through the door and out into the night, echoed by Lauren and Alary muttering farewells. Then Aiden paused on the steps and turned back. He thought for a moment; I was getting ready to shove him off the step away - but then I hardly believed what I saw. He ran back a few steps, swiftly pecked Alary on the cheek, and then darted away to disappear after Fate.
My eyes bulged out of my head, rage boiling up. Alary's hand snapped to her cheek, fingers resting on it, eyes wide.
'WHY YOU LITTLE --' I bellowed.
'SEEYA CALLA, FATE, AIDEN!!' Lauren yelled loudly, drowning out my words.
Calla turned back to wave - then they were gone.

Oh. My. GOSH!
I'm gonna kill that scum!

~Aiden's POV~

I sniggered to myself. Caius really was a dimwit. We were pretty much done talking, but if a closed door is aggravating him that much, it's worth leaving it shut.
"I think he's losing brain cells..." Alary murmured watching the door carefully.
"He didn't have any to begin with," I scoffed.
"Did you tell her?" Fate yelled through the door.
"No!" I yelled back. "I wonder how long that door will hold..." I then muttered to Alary.
Her face darkened a bit, "Lauren will kill us if that breaks. Caius- GET AWAY FROM THE DOOR!"
The slamming continued.
"Methinks he's not listening..." I snickered.
Sure enough, the whole door crashed in moments later, depositing Caius face first on the floor.
Fate zoomed through the door and grabbed my hair, pulling me down to her height. "Ah hey! FATE!"
I tried to get loose but she hissed in my ear, "If you haven't told her I'm gonna kill you!"
Grimacing, I flipped her over and sat on her, "Oh really now?" She kicked and squirmed trying to get me off.
"CAIUS!! What'd you break the freaking door down for?!?" Alary was yelling at him from across the room. As I looked over, he stood up and dusted himself off.
"Sorry about the door. Oops." He was looking down at the debris. Oops indeed.
"Lauren's going to kill us. Or at least, kill YOU," Alary stated pessimistically.
"Ah well," he suddenly switched topics, "Now what were you talking about?" He edged away from the mess he had made.
"Nothing you should know," Alary snapped.
Fate was poking and pinching me now. Like that's gonna work.
"I'll make you tell," he said childishly. Make us? Honestly...
I looked down at Fate who was about to say something nasty and smacked her upside the head. Then, not wanting to give up a chance to peeve him, grinned and said casually, "We were talking about you, so you can't know."
Alary started kicking him. "I just-wanted to- GAH ALARY! Haven't you kicked enough?"
"Just wanted to make fun of me," I guessed the rest of his sentence and shifted so Fate couldn't kick as easily.
"Of course, why else?" he said matter-of-factly
"You little..." This guy must like getting beat up, he starts enough fights.
"CAIUS!" Lauren shrieked from the doorway. So noisy... "THE DOOR CAIUS!?!?!?"
Calla stood behind Lauren, biting her lip trying not to laugh.
"I- uh..." Hehe... This is better than hanging him from the rafters. I'll just let Lauren at it...
Soon, he was a bloody mess on the floor, with Lauren pinning him.
"Laurennnn.... You weigh too much... You eat too much chocolate."
She promptly smacked him upside the head.
I wasn't bothering to hide my mirth, "Haha! Got beat up by a girl!" Fate poked me.
"Shuttup!" he snapped and tried to drag himself from under Lauren. Alary kicked his head before he got very far.
Calla's shoulders were shaking with concealed laughter, Fate was trying to push me off while I laughed at Caius. "Oh Apollo! I can't breath!" I said as I calmed down, trying to suck in enough air.
Suddenly, Caius was towing me out of the room by my shirtfront. Ah crud! What's he up to? "Hey! What are you doing?" I asked as he shoved me into the kitchen and slammed the door. Then, he said smugly, "Better to get the info straight from the source."
Pulling away, I stood up straight so I was my usual head-and-half taller than him, smiling down at him. "Hello old foe." He'd forgotten to lock the door. If I could only distract him long enough...
"What did you say to my cousin?" he asked bluntly.
"Hmm?" I cocked an eyebrow, escape plan forgotten momentarily. "Don't you know? Little sneaker you..."
"I didn't hear, if that's what you mean."
Phew... "And you never will." Never, ever, ever, ever, ever...
"At least, I didn't hear ALL of it." Oh no... He didn't... Please Gods no... He was grinning evilly at me. "I heard some of it. Enough to ask some awkward questions. And of course I'm sure I could bribe Calla or Lauren into telling me more... They had their ears up against the door most of the time...."
"Sh--" I started to curse, but the ninny plowed on.
"And I did hear a bit about you admiring Alary..."
I cursed again and clutched my head, completely forgetting about playing to cool. "You eavesdropped too? You sorry piece of trash!"
"I'm a very informed and armed piece of trash, if I am at all," he retorted snobbishly.
"I oughta hang you..." I muttered, absentmindedly cracking my fingers, anticipated stringing Caius up for the ravens.
"Yeah, yeah, sure.... Well are you going to tell me? Before I either ask the girls or start making wrong guesses? Or beat the crap out of you."
I was tempted to make a snide comment about that, but decided on, "This is personal you loon," I wanted to call him something else, but then I'd hear it from Calla later...
"And, of course, this is my COUSIN!" Nawwwwww..... Really?
"So? She doesn't want you to know!" It was a good bluff...
"I only want to protect her!" he yelled back at me.
"From what?!?!" I shouted back, trying to figure where he was going with this.
"You," he simply said, then turned to the door while I was still absorbing what he had said, "Fine, I'll just go ask someone else. I'm sure they'll tell me some interesting stuff."
GODS I HATE HIM!!!!, I screamed inside "To hell with you!" I shot out-loud. But he wasn't bluffing. Arguing with myself internally for a moment, I figured It'd be better from me than Calla who would twist my words just to spite me. "Fine, I'll tell you!"
He smirked as he turned back around, "Good. Because although it may seem otherwise, I do respect Alary. I only want her to be safe... and also I don't want to get killed."
I started. Had Fate told him? "Killed?!? You think I'm a serial killer?" I realized my hand had unconsciously strayed to one of my knifes.
"No, but Alary might be," he said, eyeing the blade. "She's more powerful than you think. And she'd hate me if I found out from an... unreliable source."
So that's what this was about.
I gave him glare for glare. Then, resignedly, I gave in, "So. Ready for my admission?" I felt so stupid. Being forced to confide in a... boy.
"You bet I am," he said almost giddy.
"Well," I sighed, and tried to start my story again. "I went back to Marlowa, a while ago. When I went back, I found my ex-betrothed married to someone else..."
"As would be expected," interrupted Caius rudely.
"I'm talking here, shut up and listen," I snapped. What a conceited...
"I can go ask someone if you want," he shot right back.
"No!" Touche...
"Then I can comment on whatever I want."
I better keep going, before I lose my temper, "Anyways... This is something I couldn't tell your cousin in detail because it would have worsened my condition...."
"Mmhmm..." he sounded interested. Of course he was. This was something he could use against me.
Just as I was about to tell him, the unlocked door burst open, and all the girls stood in it. I swear to the heavens, I have never been so happy to see Calla or Fate.
"What you doing?" Alary asked authoritatively.
"Alary! Please tell your cousin to leave me alone," I begged. I wasn't gonna tell if I could get out of it.
"You think I'm here to do anything else but beat him up?" she balled her fists.
Caius turned back to me, "Just tell me the god dang story!"
While Alary is here? I should say not. Everyone was looking at me though. I hate quick thinking in moments like this... AHA!
"WAIT!" Everyone jumped. Good. That means I have their attention. "Something yesterday- about Fate!"
"Fate?" Caius looked puzzled.
"Yeah," Fate was glaring at me, and everyone else looked confused. "Fate yelled something about me and Alary yelled something about you."
"Hah! She did? I don't remember a thing," he was red as a beet, and lying through his teeth.
I couldn't help a trace of smugness slipping into my smile, "Okay Caius... You've had your fun... Now you get to tell."
He started  backing up, like a cornered animal.
"Got 'im," I said to no one in particular, feeling quite proud of myself.
"Yes you have..." Alary had a menacing look on her face. "I'm gonna force him to tell."
Fate 'ahem-ed' from where she was standing. I looked at her, and was shocked, dismayed, and slightly confused at what I saw. She was blushing up to the roots of her white hair and nervously meshing and unmeshing her fingers. No way.... No CONCEIVABLE way!
"Aiden," she said, "We should go home now. It's getting late." She looked up at the light, then at the fridge, then at our dismayed friend Calla.
"Aww Fate... This is just getting good," I complained a bit. She gave me a look that could send the most battle-hardened man cowering under a table, I took a few steps back in case she decided to lash out violently.
Then she turned to Calla who was trying to hide behind Lauren. "You have to study," she informed the fourteen year old.
Much to my disappointment, Calla submitted, "Fine, fine... We're going... C'mon Aiden, make him spill tomorrow."
I glanced at Fate, who was darkly looking at me. Then I wilted a bit for dramatic affect, "Oh alright." Stupid sisters.
Fate went first, then Calla, followed be me, who was pondering how to make the phrase 'spill his guts' literal.
Fate swiftly left out the door, without so much of a 'see ya round'.
"Bye," Calla and I said routinely as we walked out the door, good-byes floating behind us.
But on the last step I paused, an enticing thought entering my mind. I probably shouldn't though... It could have nasty side affects... Biting my lip, I felt eyes drilling in the back of my head. Then, I went on impulse. Swiftly, I jumped up the stairs and kissed Alary lightly on the cheek, then ran as fast as I could before Caius could kill me.
"WHY YOU LITTLE-" Caius sounded enraged, but was cut off by Lauren.
"SEE YA CALLA, FATE, AIDEN!!" she covered up the obscenities he was spouting after me.
I ran so fast I overtook Calla and passed Fate who snickered, "You're sooooooooo gonna die tomorrow!"

Yeah. I am. But it was worth it.     

See more stories by Lauren
*laughing so hard she can't

*laughing so hard she can't breathe*  Oh-God-you....hahahaha...are too too good.  This is even better than When all Hell Breaks Loose at Christmas.  And that was go- *falls over laughing*  Hurry...more...more MORE!!!  I WANNA HEAR CAIUS CONFESS!!!  MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Typing is like playing the piano, you press the keys until you make music.

Posted by Adrian on Tue, 03/17/2009 - 21:07
lol's. Agrees with

lol's. Agrees with Adrian

From A Very Non-Vampiric Friend, Kanga :)

Posted by Kanga on Wed, 03/18/2009 - 06:12
"Obnoxious complications"?

"Obnoxious complications"? Like you being a doofic?

Posted by Calla / Mira on Wed, 03/18/2009 - 23:45
No. Like you being the most

No. Like you being the most stubborn idiot on the face of the earth.

>>Laurel Leaf / Caius
~Do what you love. Love what you do.

Posted by LaurelLeaf/Caius on Thu, 03/19/2009 - 00:19
Oh really now? Then what are

Oh really now? Then what are you? You're an insitant imbecile!

Posted by Calla / Mira on Thu, 03/19/2009 - 08:37
"Insitant" is not a word,

"Insitant" is not a word, you stupid fool!

Actually....not a fool - I prefer the word jerk.

>>Laurel Leaf / Caius
~Do what you love. Love what you do.

Posted by LaurelLeaf/Caius on Thu, 03/19/2009 - 15:59
Alright break it up you

Alright break it up you two!

Posted by Adrian on Thu, 03/19/2009 - 21:22
Um.... No. She started

Um.... No. She started it.

Jerk? Oh really? Well you're a dirty, rotten, no-good- *Aiden yells cutting her off* HOLY COW SHE'S CURSING!  

Posted by Calla / Mira on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 00:52
I did not start it. And

I did not start it.

And you're cursing? That's a bit uncouth. You can't even FIGHT in a civilised way, can you? Or at least, you haven't the guts to.

>>Laurel Leaf / Caius
~Do what you love. Love what you do.

Posted by LaurelLeaf/Caius on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 02:05
You did so. Obnoxious

You did so. Obnoxious complication?

*slaps her face* I can fight in a civilized manner. I just choose not to. 

Posted by Calla / Mira on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 02:36
I didn't mean this

I didn't mean this particular part of the fight. I meant the whole fight. I didn't start that. But I can continue it.  

You slapped me? That really IS uncivilised. I really can't believe you. I don't know why I'm bothering to fight with you if this is what you stoop to.

>>Laurel Leaf / Caius
~Do what you love. Love what you do.

Posted by LaurelLeaf/Caius on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 03:53
If you're so high and

If you're so high and mighty, why are you bothering to argue? Think you can prove something? Well guess what. You're no better than me.

Posted by Calla / Mira on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 05:01
I never said I was so high

I never said I was so high and mighty, or that I was better than you! I was just...actually, I was genuinely shocked that you'd even VIRTUALLY slap me. Cuz that's low.

>>Laurel Leaf / Caius
~Do what you love. Love what you do.

Posted by LaurelLeaf/Caius on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 05:15
Well maybe I don't like

Well maybe I don't like being insulted. You seem to like doing that though. Putting me down eh?

Posted by Calla / Mira on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 05:51
Yes. Putting you down. I

Yes. Putting you down. I don't see how we can fight without putting each other down - that'd be kind of pointless.

>>Laurel Leaf / Caius
~Do what you love. Love what you do.

Posted by LaurelLeaf/Caius on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 05:59
I could completely stop

I could completely stop talking to you. But that'd be more of a silence battle.

Posted by Calla / Mira on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 06:08
Go on. Do it. I don't care.

Go on. Do it. I don't care. I'd rather not talk to you, for all the garbage that's spilling out of your mouth.

>>Laurel Leaf / Caius
~Do what you love. Love what you do.

Posted by LaurelLeaf/Caius on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 06:12
Fine. From now on, don't

Fine. From now on, don't talk to me, don't comment. I'm not gonna do it for you. See if I care. I know you don't.

Posted by Calla / Mira on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 06:22
Wow.  You two are just as

Wow.  You two are just as bad as your Alters...

Posted by Adrian on Sun, 04/05/2009 - 20:06
I know. Isn't it awesome?

I know. Isn't it awesome? ^_^

~I got my feet on the ground/But my head's in the clouds

Posted by Laurel Leaf on Mon, 04/06/2009 - 02:48
Aiden: *sigh* It's a

Aiden: *sigh* It's a dangerous habit that is easily passed on...

Calla: *kicks Aiden* You're waaaaay worse. How many times have you broken his nose?

Aiden: *grins counting* About ten or fifteen...

Posted by Calla / Mira on Mon, 04/06/2009 - 23:07
Seriously you guys! Stop

Seriously you guys! Stop being so mean! THIS IS SOOO STUPID AND IMMATURE. C'mon, Calla, you're thirteen, LaurelLeaf, you're FIFTEEN! You're practically the oldest person on KidPub. You guys should apologize to Kanga. She was just really worried about you guys fighting. Just say sorry to Kanga and everything will just sail smoothly as it did before. Please take my advice seriously and apologize.  

Posted by novelwriter1 on Tue, 04/07/2009 - 17:51
EXCUSE ME?!?!?!? I happen

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!? I happen to be fifteen also.

And Tess and Nickie are the oldest I think. They turn sixteen today *must go write card*...

And we're not being mean, we're mucking about. Kanga knows our antics. We know she was worried.

And it's already going smoothly...

~Calla 

Posted by Calla / Mira on Tue, 04/07/2009 - 22:44
haaahhaaahaaahahaaaaa!!

haaahhaaahaaahahaaaaa!! *points and laughs at Calla* YOU WERE CALLED THIRTEEN~! *snicker* (also, I was gonna write the card with you, doofic, and you didn't even credit that I TOLD you we should write it >:P)

-ahem- Anyway. 'Worried' isn't the word I'd use to describe what Kanga was like, but she KNOWS we muck about, and besides it was an awesome prank. She can take it. She'll get over it, I know she will. End of story. No more explanation needed, because things never went UN-smoothly.   

Posted by Laurel Leaf on Wed, 04/08/2009 - 01:21
Bad Form, guys.  ;-) Peace,

Bad Form, guys.  ;-)

Peace, love and Antlers.

Posted by Kazel on Thu, 04/09/2009 - 13:48