/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Fear's Strong Hold --- Chapter One --- | KidPub Press //
Fear's Strong Hold --- Chapter One ---

Fear's Strong Hold --- Chapter One ---

Posted October 23rd, 2020 by Olivinat

by The Dragon Of Kidpub
in the Middle of Nowhere (Wisconsin)

Fabian ran with all his might. Sweat dripped down his back. Fear grabbed him as he started to slow down. Just as the Clod was about to get him a pained moan split through the air. Fabian looked back and saw Terence standing on top of the Clod with his sword in its heart.

“Wow thanks Terence! I owe you my life!” He said

“Hey, no sweats dude! Master Pallando wants us to report” Terence replied with a smile

Fabian, Terence, and another boy named Alatar were apprenticed to the Master Wizard Pallando. Fabian and Terence were suppliers. (They got all the stuff need in a wizard shop.) Unfortunately most of the stuff they had to get come from dangerous animals. Fabian had needed to get a claw and the hide from a very deadly clod. What with all the animal parts needed he and Terence had become very good hunters, and very flexible too. Fabian’s nickname was Venom Crusher because he was the only person in size forest that had survived the poisonous scratch from a clod. Now he had a moon shaped scar around his left eye. Unfortunately Master Pallando now sent him on the most deadly missions.

As they walked back through the woods, Fabian began to think about Terence and Master Pallando. He thought about leaving them and staying with them. He couldn’t decide.

When they got back to the cottage Fabian dumped the dead clod on the ground and sat in a chair.  Master Pallando walked over and looked impressed. Then he walked back and began stirring a pot. Grumpily Alatar walked over and started to skin the clod. Fabian walked out to get a breath of air because inside the cottage was very smoky from the fire.

“Alatar didn’t look happy at all. In fact he looked really grumpy! I wonder why?” Fabian told Terence when he came out

“Yes and he forgot to boil the water before putting the hide in. Now the hide will be harder to work with. Alatar must be really out of his game today” Terence replied thoughtfully, “I wonder what’s bothering him?”

“Maybe he wanted to do something different instead of helping out in the workshop like he does. Or maybe he doesn’t want to be in an apprenticeship at all. I don’t really know what is going on at all though.” Fabian wondered out loud

“I’m fine.” Alatar said making Fabian, and Terence jump, “Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. Just leave me alone.”

With that He turned around and went back into the workshop to help a costumer.

Later that day Fabian was walking through the forest in search of a fairy. Later as he walked back to the cottage with a jar of fairy venom he passed Alatar at the watering well.

When he entered the cottage Master Pallando yelled at him, “Where have you been? You have been gone two hours and three minutes! Do you expect me to be able to run this place by myself?”

“You have to other apprentices.” Fabian replied quietly

“Never mind that now get to work!” Master Pallando scream

As he walked out he saw Alatar walk in with some water buckets just as he walked out and they hit. Water went everywhere. When he pulled the bucket off his head he saw Master Pallando frowning down at him. He stood up and began to wring water from his hair and clothes.

Master Pallando slapped him across the face and yelled, “Watch where you’re going boy! Don’t you know I have better things to do than watch and yell at you all day? Can’t you behave yourself?”

“I’d do better if you stopped yelling at me,” Fabian muttered

“What was that young man?” Master Pallando asked giving him the eye, “Did you say something?”

“No Sir.” I replied quickly, “I’ll go get a furma finger.”

“Yes and hurry up now,” Master Pallando replied with a frown

As Fabian ran off into the woods nearby. he hear the master swear. He ran into the woods and then came to a little pool of water where he sat down and relaxed. A few minutes later he got to his feet. Then he started to walk away. He sighed and began to run. He ran for a while. Finally he slowed down and stopped to breath. He didn’t know where he was going. All he knew is that he had to get far very far away. Moments passed until he began running again.  Hours passed until he stopped again. By now he was almost one hundred miles away from the cottage. The next morning he began to run again. He was tired. He was stiff. He was cold. But nothing would make him go back. Nothing at all would make him go back. If he did he would be severally punished, then sent back to work.  He kept running.

As night fell he said to himself, “They will never see me again.”

See more stories by The Dragon Of Kidpub
This is amazing. Can u keep

This is amazing. Can u keep posting ur stories they r so good

Posted by Angel on Fri, 10/23/2020 - 19:51
This is amazing. Can u keep

This is amazing. Can u keep