/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Fruit Pit, I Hate To, The Hall, and The Wind -POEMS- | KidPub Press //
The Fruit Pit, I Hate To, The Hall, and The Wind -POEMS-

Posted February 3rd, 2021 by Olivinat

by Ryoko
in the Middle of Nowhere (Wisconsin)

--THE FRUIT PIT-

I once swallowed a pit,

After that I had a fit.

I had to go to the doctor, 

And my sister we forgot her.

______________________________________________________________________

-I HATE TO-

I hate to lie,                 I hate to try,                I hate to spy,               I hate to drive-by

But I love pie.              But there’s a fly.          But there’s a tie.         But I say hi     

I hate to cry,                I hate to deny,             I hate to sigh               I hate to die,

But it’s July.                 But I must modify       But I dislike Wi-Fi        But it’s bye.

_____________________________________________________________________

-THE HALL-

We walk down the hall,

We try not to fall,

We all loudly call,

We turn and run into a wall.

_______________________________

-THE WIND-

We see the wind blow by,

As it seems to sigh.

As it seems to fly,

We all call hi.

See more stories by Ryoko
I see I have inspired you to

I see I have inspired you to post some poetry of your own! I'm sort of wishing for deeper meaning to your poems since I'm a stickler for Deep(tm) but your rhymes are delightful! It seems your favorite word ending sound is -ie, like from pie and tie. You've barely cracked into the -ighs, though. I only see "sigh" on this page. 

Poetry lifehack: there are an absurd amount of words rhyming with -ation and they're almost all fabulous. For example:

exasperation

elaboration

mitigation

litigation

fabrication

elevation

determination

negation

derivation 

creation

imagination

and that's only what i can think of off the top of my head!

Posted by Tía Snow on Wed, 02/03/2021 - 23:01