/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Girl Who Appeared: Chapter 6 | KidPub Press //
The Girl Who Appeared: Chapter 6

The Girl Who Appeared: Chapter 6

Posted July 16th, 2017 by alemye10

by Allegro*Alem*
in a place where she rules

Please comment anything you want if you are following along with the story. CC is also appreciated.
---
“Come, sleep next to me,” Brande said to her twin. It was evening and Bernice and Brande were right about to go to sleep.

“Okay,” Bernice replied softly. She was surprised at how calm her twin seemed even though she had just found out she was moving three hours away.

Soon, the sisters fell asleep. The house was quiet except for the quiet whir of the air conditioning. Soft snores came from the young girls. A cricket was heard outside of the bedroom.

Brande woke up first. She first yawned and rubbed her eyes. Then she remembered. Bernice! She looked at the spot next to her. Gone.

She rubbed her eyes again but still, no Bernice. Then, a girl started to fade into view. She was wearing a pair of borrowed pajamas and looke- Bernice! Brande sighed of relief. She assumed that this would happen every day.

Brande quickly changed and Bernice decided to wear what she had appeared in. A gray short sleeved tee with an outline of a butterfly. With that was pink shorts. She braided her hair loosely than tied it on a bun on her head.

Brande came out of the bathroom. She was wearing her usual school uniform, a collared shirt and skirt. Same as yesterday but instead of navy, she was wearing a dark purple shirt. Her hair was amazingly, the same as Bernice’s.

“Omg! Isn't that so cool!? We have our hair in the same style,” Brande blurted.

Bernice thought it was interesting how Brande could go from such a serene mood to this one. But she also had a question. “What does omg mean?” Bernice asked.

“Oh, it stands for ‘Oh my gosh’,” Brande explained.

After breakfast, during which Bernice stayed upstairs, the girl went to the bus stop with Benny following. He was blabbing and blabbing and things that seemed so useless and boring to Brande. His toy cars, TV shows and that such that five year old boys were interested in. All Brande could think about was moving.

Finally, they were in Mrs. Rochet’s fifth grade classroom. But Mrs. Rochet was not in there. A man was. He looked like he was in his forties. His hair was a natural cross between brown and gray. He had big eyebrows, big brown eyes and a tattoo on his arm. He was wearing a white tee shirt and baggy jeans. He didn't look like he should be a teacher.

Bernice, standing in a corner eavesdropped on her sister and friends.

“I wonder where Mrs. Rochet went?” Parker asked.

“Maternity leave, I heard,” said Kerry Bridgette.

“Agreed,” said Brande.

“But a week before school ends, really?” Parker asked, twirling a pink strand of short hair.

Right then, a boy came and tapped Parker on the shoulder. Parker turned around with a big smile. Brande and Kerry Bridgette walked away. “Lucky!” Brande said. The girl giggled as they watched the boy and Parker chat. Brande abruptly stopped giggling.

“I'm moving,” she said I'm a quiet, crisp voice. Kerry Bridgette, being the shy one, didn't really know what to say. Kerry Bridgette gave her friend a hug.

“Don't worry. It'll be okay,” Kerry Bridgette said.

“No it won't, Kerry, no it won't.”

“Strudwick!” said a voice. Kerry Bridgette turned around to the sound of her last name. It was a boy named Junior. Well, nicknamed Junior. He was the substitute teacher helper. “Mr. Myerson want to see you.”

Kerry Bridgette smiled at Brande before walking away.

Brande stood alone and sad, watching Junior walk away. She had a tiny tiny crush on him, and had let itself slip a few times. She had heard he liked her too, but she wasn't sure. Plus, she thought that fifth grade loves didn't matter, especially if you wouldn't see that person ever again after a week.

Parker came over too Brande but it was too late, the bell rang telling the kids to sit down.

They did a lot of games. That is after doing twenty pages of math questions and writing a prompt.

At 12:09 PM, the whole class knew Brande was moving.

See more stories by Allegro*Alem*
I suppose that if Bernice is

I suppose that if Bernice is a ghost she doesn't need to eat, that makes it a lot easier for Brande to look after her.

please write some more soon.

Have you read the first part of my story Olga and the Piwakawaka?

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde

Posted by Incognito on Tue, 07/18/2017 - 00:20
Thanks! I will. Yes, it was

Thanks! I will.

Yes, it was very interesting. I think you saw the comment I have you. ;)
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by Hey_its_Alem! on Tue, 07/18/2017 - 06:34
The Wildflamingo likes. The

The Wildflamingo likes. The Wildflaming will read more! Great job!

Posted by wildflamingo on Thu, 07/20/2017 - 16:48
Haha thanks! I like your

Haha thanks! I like your username by the way.
__________
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by Hey_its_Alem! on Thu, 07/20/2017 - 18:29
I mean I LEFT you.

I mean I LEFT you. Sorry.
__________
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by @lem*on on Sun, 07/23/2017 - 10:09
Umm okay. They are moving...

Umm okay. They are moving... SO what?

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster A.K.A. Osaid)> Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by QUARTZMASTER310 on Mon, 07/31/2017 - 20:20