/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Guardian Angel Chronicles Chapter 1 | KidPub Press //
The Guardian Angel Chronicles Chapter 1

The Guardian Angel Chronicles Chapter 1

Posted October 25th, 2013 by scarlett424

by Augusta
in Dunder Mifflin Paper Company

CHAPTER 1

My feet tapped, my hands fidgeted, and my mind spun. Who will I protect? Will they be nice? How will I know what to do - this is my first time!

"Jade Guardian, the Big Man will see you now," a scrawny Operator Angel informed me.

Standing up, I scrambled after him as he quickly led me through a network of hallways. After catching up to him, I spotted what stood before us - a pure white building with columns supporting the golden roof. Upon entering, we were surrounded by another hallway, but these were made of shimmering waterfalls that seemed to pour out of thin air. I drooled over beautiful statues as my guide indifferently paced through the building. After seeing such gorgeous sights, I couldn't imagine anything that could top it. Well, that was before we entered the Big Man's throne room. 

A colossal throne stood in the dead center. Yards upon yards of velvet were bolted to the back and seat, the legs were like enlarged versions of the Washington Monument, peppered with topaz and opal. The walls must've been made of diamond because it was practically blinding me. I realized it wasn't the walls that were the source of the light - it was a man. He must've been the size of a skyscraper, with a buttery-brown beard flowing down his chest. A white tarp covered his body, and was held by a rope at his waist. Putting a hand to my forehead to shade my eyes, I fell to the ground and faced down. I was in the holy presence of the Big Man. We Guardian Angels didn't dare call him God or Yesu - only Arch Angels and humans were sacred enough to refer to him by his real name. 

"Rise, child," his earth-shaking voice commanded. I could hear him pronounce every syllable, as if disecting it. 

"Your child's name is Lucia Lemon. Here's the information card." 

He dropped a small notecard with calligraphy writing on it that read:

Name: Lucia Lemon 

State: Tennesee

City: Nashville

Adress: 3325 Autumn Lane

Duedate: March 21

I gave the Big Man one final bow before scrambling after my guide. 

See more stories by Augusta
Sorry it's so

Sorry it's so short

JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!!! ......... after this short commercial break.

Posted by Augusta on Fri, 10/25/2013 - 19:17
This is kind of interesting.

This is kind of interesting. It's like the Screwtape Letters but from the angels' point of view.

Posted by Evyn on Fri, 10/25/2013 - 22:17
I found this kind of

I found this kind of humorous with the way you shifted from dramatic to simple and the beginning where I could see the guardian angel stumbling over himself. I liked it. I might have to try and follow this one... I also like that you made this from the guardian angel's point of view. I had expected it to be from the person's point of view but I think it will be interesting this way. Keep up the good work!

Posted by Elora on Mon, 07/17/2017 - 10:37