/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ THE GUARDIANS Chapter 14: Death Match Part 1 (EPIC BATTLE!) | KidPub Press //
THE GUARDIANS Chapter 14: Death Match Part 1 (EPIC BATTLE!)

Posted August 14th, 2016 by Codename-X12

by pensword
in a secret bunker finishing the Guardians

CHAPTER 14: DEATH MATCH

Shane Corvo (The Predator)

I dropped the broom, which a minute ago had been my submachine gun and flicked my flare pistol back out of my holster, and whipped it in one fluid motion toward the assassin with the purple eye-lights lodged into her steel mask.

She extended her black gloved hand toward the hissing projectile but nothing resulted. But the enforcer with the green eye-lights confidently directed her gaze toward the flare and it was suddenly dragged toward the ground like it had just laid anchor.

It erupted in a blaring detonation that nearly singed my eyebrows off. When the smoke wafted away, it revealed that the explosion hadn't been close enough to damage the two superhumans, but it had tattered and ripped away part of their armored sleeves.

My gaze flicked to the also-unconscious form of Brandon slumped a few yards from where I stood, blood trickling freely down his pale and bruised face. I was about to run over to perform some first aid, but I didn't exactly have time.

Suddenly I whipped around at a footstep a few feet next to me, just it time to catch a punch by the angry juggernaut. I twisted his fingers back and he merely grunted in slight pain. He didn't seemed startled that I could intercept one of his furious swings, and he didn't show any other emotion as razor-sharp metal blades like knives popped out of his mechanized glove.

He slashed his punch-daggers at me and they whistled over my head as I ducked. Then I lashed out with a few quick combo punches at his undefended chest, but his skin felt like rock and he didn't give to my onslaught. Rock skin wouldn't be too far-fetched for any of these weirdoes, but I saw that his face was human flesh.

I allowed myself a quick glance in the direction of the downed teleporter to see if he hadn't gotten up. He was still lying there, but I noticed that the rips and gashes in his reinforced suit seemed to have filled in by themselves.

I had been shocked and angry that the rest of the terrorists hadn't bothered to stop and help him when I had put him out of comission. They hadn't even paid a possibly dying person any mind. Even if they were intent on killing me, I was still surprised they didn't care enough to even see if he was okay. Maybe if I did the same thing to them they'd think twice about leaving a teammate to die.

The only problem was that if this thug could shrug off a machete and a point-blank flare, how could I get to him? I was going to need to get creative. I pulled my black grappler rifle from the bandolier that also held my extra flares and mags, and aimed it directly at the juggernaut as he charged for me for another attack.

With a hiss of releasing cable, the metal wire dove like a snake striking out of the rifle and caught on the thug's punch-dagger gauntlets around his wrists with a solid clang.

He clawed and tried to wrench it out it with his free hand but the wire stayed embedded to the gauntlet in a death grip. Then I flipped the rifle around and fired the tether cable from the other end of the gun, and with another clank it locked firmly onto the goon's other arm.

Then he charged toward me like a mad bull, trying to put some slack in the wire, but I leapt over his head like an acrobat and he just suceeded in getting more tangled in the grappler wire. But to my shock, the wire began morphing into thin string!

I cursed loudly and whipped around to find Purple-Eyes extended her hands toward the cable like she was performing some sort of magic spell. I swiped a knife from my belt and sent it spinning toward her head. She ducked to the ground, losing concentration on the wire, and it stopped morphing to string.

I quickly pressed a button on the grappler rifle to tighten the cable and the slack in the cable tightened and soon the juggernaut guy was effectively wrapped in nearly-unbreakable steel wire half an inch thick. I strode in front of him and extended a stun gun to his struggling form.

It took almost ten seconds of continued shocking, but finally he drooped to the ground. Light's out.

I turned to screw over the remaining two vigilantes, but first had to dodge an enormous chunk of pavement that was send flying toward me. It crashed into the ground behind, crumbling into smaller pieces of blacktop.

The weirdo Green-Eyes was somehow levitating enormous sections of the obliterated parking lot and they hovered over her head like a halo made out of a mountain, poised to be flung.

And flung they were. One after another came whizzed toward me. I leapt onto the first as it flew under me, and used the increased altitude to barely make it to the second boulder like a crazy platform-jumping game. I leapt through the air toward Green-Eyes, drawing my machete as I was airborne.

But suddenly I shot down through the air like a stone, directly in front of Green-Eyes. I tried to stand, but it was as if I had just gained five hundred pounds. I collapsed back into the blacktop, struggling to raise my arm. The machete dropped from my hand and clattered on the blacktop. All around me, the pavement cracked and fractures spun like a spiderweb with me trapped in the center.

I gritted my teeth, but it seemed like a semi had parked resolutely over me and was now beginning to to crush me. My hands forced their way deeper into the blacktop like I was holding two ton weights.

Now it seemed like the semi had changed into a steamroller and was flattening me out. I snarled in pain as my whole body was crushed, inch after inch, into the pavement. My ribcage heaved and I could feel it creaking. My ears popped and I could barely choke down air into my frantic lungs.

Then I heard a scream and suddenly the unseen pressure on me vanished, like the steamroller had finally given up. I leapt up immediately and saw that I had left a snow angel of my body embedded in the blacktop around a sea of fractures.

See more stories by pensword
It's a good thing that you

It's a good thing that you put the tension at the right level, so it really sounds as epic as it should be.

Okay, perhaps I should read the previous chapters before I say anything else.

WE BELIEVE in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves. --Dauntless Faction Manifesto

Posted by Hyacinth on Wed, 08/17/2016 - 23:34
thanks NEW CHAPTER COMING

thanks

NEW CHAPTER COMING OUT TOMORROW YEAH

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard must be stronger than the gun.

Posted by Predator-6 (Jack) on Thu, 08/18/2016 - 08:47
Will there be a point when

Will there be a point when they all come together? There are still heroes that haven't been introduced is all.

Your "Origin" concept is rad!

Posted by AuthorMind(Justin) on Thu, 08/18/2016 - 14:10
yep, thats coming   If the

yep, thats coming

Posted by Predator-6 (Jack) on Fri, 08/19/2016 - 14:27