/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ THE GUARDIANS Chapter 14: Death Match Part 2 (COOL POWER!) | KidPub Press //
THE GUARDIANS Chapter 14: Death Match Part 2 (COOL POWER!)

Posted August 19th, 2016 by Codename-X12

by pensword
in a secret bunker finishing the Guardians

don't worry, green-eyes isn't the official name (lol) sorry for the short chapter

CHAPTER 14: DEATH MATCH

Shane Corvo (The Predator)

I turned to see the green eye-light assassin ensnared in a twisted bubble of crackling darkness that was fueled by a shadowy beam Brandon was issuing from his trembling hands. Dried blood matted his face and hair and a nasty purple bruise had already bloomed over his jaw.

Green-Eyes screamed in pain as she was lifted up into the air, the bubble humming with deadly force. Then the sizzling bubble and the ray dissolved and the enforcer plummeted through the air and lay sprawled amongst the rubble.

"Geez, did you kill her?" I asked sarcastically.

"No, that thing somehow drains their energy," Brandon replied like even he didn't know how it worked after being stuck with it for ten years.

"Only one left," I muttered. "But be careful, she can morph things somehow. Lost one of my best SMGs that way." I gestured to the broom a few yards away that had once been my submachine gun.

The remaining superhuman was down on her knees, clutching her head in agony and moaning under her breath. She had been doing that since failing to transform my cables around the juggernaut guy into useless string. Maybe using her powers gave her a killer headache.

As I approached her cautiously, not wanting to get caught off guard by a surprise attack, I noticed a small device sticking out of the side of her helmet that was unique from the others' helmets. It looked like a futuristic octagonal computer port the size of a USB plug-in, the edges glowing faintly.

She was in so much pain she didn't even fight back as I zapped her out with my stun gun, and she toppled face-first into the dirt.

"Huh," I muttered, turning back to Brandon, who also had a look of mild confusion on his face. "Wonder what all that was about." The look of confusion on his face changed suddenly to a look of utter terror, the effect amplified greatly by the nasty black and purple bruise.

"What's wrong?" I asked, involuntarily darting my head around to check for potential threats.

"I remember these guys!" he gasped, paling so that the colors of his bruise stood out like paint accidentally splattered onto a white sheet of paper. "They attacked a few years ago, this is an amazing lead! I think maybe-"

His frantic flow of words was cut short by a thundering of churning rotors, but most of all, by a deafening gunshot right above our heads.

OriginCon 2016

I thought it would be cool to have an online convention for the Guardians, Grimoire, and other stuff from the world of Origin (the Avengers are part of Marvel and the Guardians are part of Origin). The date isn’t planned yet, but it might be on a weekend in September. What I have planned is:

1. Character Clash 2016 (vote for your favorite Origin character)

2. Tons of new chapters (from Grimoire and the Guardians released on that day)

3. Release date of new book (from the world of Origin)

4. Super Short Story Contest (make a superhero and a short story about them for a contest)

5. AND MORE (release date of Guardians Secret Files and MORE COOL STUFF!)

If you think this is a good idea please comment what you think I should add to the list of activities and when it should be.

THANKS!

See more stories by pensword
Epic! I wonder what will

Epic! I wonder what will happen next...

Posted by adventure of a ... on Fri, 08/19/2016 - 15:38
Cripes this is

Cripes this is incredible!

WE BELIEVE in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves. --Dauntless Faction Manifesto

Posted by Hyacinth on Sat, 08/20/2016 - 06:20
thanks for the amazing

thanks for the amazing comments

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard must be stronger than the gun.

Posted by Predator-6 (Jack) on Sat, 08/20/2016 - 07:27