/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ THE GUARDIANS Chapter 15: Dark Wings Part 1 (NEW CHARACTER REVEALED!) | KidPub Press //
THE GUARDIANS Chapter 15: Dark Wings Part 1 (NEW CHARACTER REVEALED!)

Posted August 22nd, 2016 by Codename-X12

by pensword
in a secret bunker finishing the Guardians

CHAPTER 15: DARK WINGS PART 1

Shane Corvo (The Predator)

CC appreciated!!

I instinctively sprang out of the way and felt a rush of air as a large shell slammed into the ground directly where I had been standing a second before. A quick glance told me Brandon had jumped out of the way too and had not been reduced to a pulverized mush.

A second glance at the hidden shooters above us revealed the menacing black shape of a helicopter descending from the clouds above us, flitting down like a dark ghost.

At first I thought it was the same one I had seen on the video feed of the attack of PalaTech yesterday, but my photographic memory pointed out some differences. The bottom of the copter had a large scratch on it from some previous battle and a chink of the steel landing gear had been knocked off somehow.

The large-caliber minigun crackled off a few more rounds that smashed into the rubble, spraying up a cloud of dust. One flew directly at Brandon but with a casual flick of his hand a shadowy barrier materialized between him and the round. With a loud sizzling noise, the bullet was dissolved on impact with the inky and purple-fringed darkness.

"You want to take care of that thing?" I asked as I avoided allowing my head to become a bullet-impaled mess. If you think I can survive anything even if I can regenerate myself, you'd be wrong. One shot to the brain and I'm done, sort of like a zombie, and if I got dunked in acid or lava you'd get the same results.

So I have to be a bit cautious.

"No problem," Brandon replied, aiming his hands at the helicopter hovering over our heads. Then a blast of dusk arched out of his hands, zigzagging like a lightning bolt as it crackled toward his target.

And he didn't miss.

With a loud explosion the helicopter was hurled from the sky. All of its front windows were shattered, the rotors had been ripped off, and much of the outer armor had been shredded.

I waved awayt the thick plumes of smoke resulting from the detonation and quickly patted out a tiny spark igniting on the top of my head before it could light my hair on fire. Then I turned to Brandon, who stood panting beside me.

"Drained me," he muttered as he wiped some sweat off his forehead.

"What were you going to tell me before we got cut off?" I asked.

Then a loud clanging from the helicopter made us both whirl our heads to look at it. WIth a hiss of steam, the helicopter was falling apart. But as I watched pieces detach and fall to the ground, I realized it was too mechanical, too precise to be an after-effect of getting shot down.

It was taking itself apart. In less than five seconds the helicopter had dissassembled itself to a large pile of parts that lay orderly on the ground. Around a six foot long egg-shaped pod. The shiny outer armor of the pod gleamed brightly in the sunlight.

"The pod protected whatever is inside from the crash!" Brandon exclaimed.

Then metal clamps around the sides of the pod began unlatching, and the top of the pod slid mechanically away. It revealed, tucked securely inside, a girl who looked around seventeen wearing black body armor, an armored face mask that covered her nose and mouth, with two long black raven wings attached to her shoulders.

OriginCon 2016

I thought it would be cool to have an online convention for the Guardians, Grimoire, and other stuff from the world of Origin (the Avengers are part of Marvel and the Guardians are part of Origin). The date isn’t planned yet, but it might be on a weekend in September. What I have planned is:

1. Character Clash 2016 (vote for your favorite Origin character)

2. Tons of new chapters (from Grimoire and the Guardians released on that day)

3. Release date of new book (from the world of Origin)

4. Super Short Story Contest (make a superhero and a short story about them for a contest)

5. AND MORE (release date of Guardians Secret Files and MORE COOL STUFF!)

If you think this is a good idea please comment what you think I should add to the list of activities and when it should be.

THANKS!

See more stories by pensword
Cool!  I wonder who the

Cool!  I wonder who the pilot was.  Fantastic chapter!

Posted by adventure of a ... on Mon, 08/22/2016 - 17:22
I think that OriginCon is a

I think that OriginCon is a great idea and very creative! I can't wait for the debut of Grimoire, since I submitted a character and I'm super hyped to see what action he'll jump into!

A professional writer is an amateur that didn't quit. - Richard Bach

For Voldemort and Valor. - Professor Umbridge, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Posted by Silver (Jimmydude12) on Mon, 08/22/2016 - 20:03
Thanks!   If the pen is

Thanks!

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard must be stronger than the gun.

Posted by Predator-6 (Jack) on Tue, 08/23/2016 - 07:31
Hey, what's the

Hey, what's the chronological order of reading these books?

-------------

Join the fight for the Throne in The Dagger's Wrath! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/daggers-wrath-part-one-prolog...

Posted by Max of Prythian on Tue, 08/23/2016 - 00:26
Well, Grimoire happens

Well, Grimoire happens before the Guardians, and the Guardians is going to have a series that comes after.

Brandon is so cool! And it's

Brandon is so cool! And it's pretty neat that you insert all kinds of twists and turns in your story.

WE BELIEVE in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves. --Dauntless Faction Manifesto

Posted by Hyacinth on Wed, 08/24/2016 - 03:57