/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ THE GUARDIANS Chapter 17: Raiders Part 4 (I'M BACK!) | KidPub Press //
THE GUARDIANS Chapter 17: Raiders Part 4 (I'M BACK!)

Posted October 28th, 2016 by Codename-X12

by pensword
in a secret bunker finishing the Guardians

I'M BACK GUYS!! Sorry it's been a while! I've gotten kind of overloading with school and haven't been writing much. But I'm not giving up the book. Well, for at least a month I am. But thats cuz I'm doing NaNoWrimo for the first time ever. Basically its where you just write a 50,000 page novel in a month, so I'm not going to be doing this book in November. If you want to join, just go to nanowrimo.org  It starts in November. I might post the book I'm writing for it if i don't intend to publish it or at least try when I'm done. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

CHAPTER 17: RAIDERS PART 4

Brandon Lorensten (Boy Darkness)

Any CC?

The blinding glare of the gunship's headlights cut through the dark blanket of night fog like a superheated knife. Like a phantom descending from the sky without any warning, the aircraft drifted down through the inky black sky, not making any noise louder than a whisper. But inside the craft, the cockpit was dark except for the glowing specks of dozens of buttons and controls.

"We go stealth from this point on," Shane hissed from the pilot's seat. I sat next to him in the copilot's position even though I had no idea how to fly anything. All that I could see of his face was a shadowed outline in the dim light of the illuminated controls.

He slowly slid a lever forward with a click and the lights instantly vanished, allowing darkness to rein through the cockpit's front windows.

"Do we have night-vision or something?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah, but due to the pretty small size of the vehicle it isn't very good," Shane replied. "I usually prefer to use the lights, but we're within visual range, so it would get us caught before we even started. I'm bringing on the infrared right now."

With another flick of the same lever, a faint light filled the small cockpit as the windows in front of us became illuminated like someone switching a lightbulb on.

The view through the windows displayed a panoramic view of dense forests spread out in front of us. They looked like the tops of a carpet pieces of brocoli from up in the dark night sky.

"It has an HUD," Shane commented. "Pretty cool 'eh?"

"Um...what?" I asked, trying not to sound dumb.

"Oh, right," he muttered. "Head's up display. Stuff can be displayed on the glass."

"That's neat," I said thruthfully, gazing out as the tops of trees whizzed by under us. In a few minutes I noticed a clearing getting closer and closer. Shane flicked a few levers above the cockpit window and the HUD instantly changed to show little spots of red moving around.

"Infrared heat sensing," he replied at my obvious curiousity.

"So those dots are guards?" I asked. "There's an awful lot." I stared at the dozens of colored specks moving around slowly.

"And that's just outside," Shane grinned. "According to my info, the building itself can block certain infrared and radio waves, so you can't listen in at all."

"And you're just telling me now how amazingly guarded it is?" I questioned, slightly annoyed. I got a shrug for a response and Shane got back to not crashing the aircraft."So how are we going to get in?" I wondered as he stared at the display screen for a second before firmly pressing a sequence of four buttons.

"We're gonna fly above it and parachute down past the wall," he told me as he seized the steering again and jerked them upward. The craft went into a steep ascend over the military base. Shane tapped another button and a screen in between his and my chairs lit up.

It displayed the base below us in night vision. There was a thick outer wall with a small railing on top. Guards in black combat gear marched solemnly back and forth across the wall. They wore gas masks and had night vision goggles on, and held scary-looking M16s.

Eventually a smal alert blinked and emitted a pinging noise, telling us we we at the desired altitude. Shane flicked two more switches and swiveled his pilot's chair around to open a drawer facing the other way. He took out two black backpacks and thrust one into my hands.

"Parachute," he explained. "Pull this strap to open it." I nodded wordlessly and put it on, and tightened it. With my luck, it would fly off as soon as we jumped out. "Try to land on the inner balcony, and don't go out shooting death beams or whatever." He gestured to the screen which still displayed the fort below us, and I saw the inner balcony he was talking about was attached to the outside of the main building.

Shane stood up and walked over the hatch, and stepped on the button to open it. A blast of wind whipped into the back of the plane. The winds swirled and swished Shane's hair heroically as he stood above the drop, gazing down through the sky. I walked out of the cockpit. Shane grinned at me before returning his view to the lights of the military base visible from hundreds of feet up.

"Let's get this show on the road," Shane muttered, jumping out of the plane.

THE NEXT CHAPTER HAS ONE OF THOSE ANNOYING BUGS WHERE THE SCREEN TURNS TOTALLY BLACK. TO SKIP PAST THE GLITCHED CHAPTER TO A REPOST OF THE SAME CHAPTER THAT WORKS, PLEASE USE THIS LINK (COPY AND PASTE IT IN YOUR SEARCH BAR)

https://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/guardians-chapter-18-inhuman-file-part-1-repost-due-error-other-one-3035159964

See more stories by pensword
I like the cliff hanger

I like the cliff hanger

Posted by Eagle eye (Roen) on Sat, 11/05/2016 - 12:37
thanx The epic journey of

thanx

The epic journey of the Guardians has begun. https://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/become-super-hero-guardians-...

Posted by Predator-6 (Jack) on Sat, 11/05/2016 - 12:41