/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ THE GUARDIANS Chapter 5: Technological Terror Part 1 (SUPER WEAPON!!!) | KidPub Press //
THE GUARDIANS Chapter 5: Technological Terror Part 1 (SUPER WEAPON!!!)

Posted July 10th, 2016 by Codename-X12

by pensword
in a secret bunker finishing the Guardians

I just got back from vacation so expect a lot of cool chapters!

CHAPTER 5 PART 1: TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR

LUNA

I leapt out of the way and suddenly the wall burst into flames without any apparent reason. But I could feel these flames halfway across the room, and the wall itself was glowing like molten gold. Then, as soon as it had started, the raging fire stopped, leaving an enormous chunk of the wall completely gone.

"Like the demo!?" the man shrieked, watching me stare in shock at the destruction. He pressed a button on his bulletproof vest and suddenly curved metal plates sprang from behind his hood to form a protective helmet. More pieces slit into place, filling in the gaps until he was wearing a full iron helmet. Two red cylinders flickered a few times on the front of the helmet before staying lit. I knew it must be the visual devices of the helmet.

More iron plates sprang into place from behind his bulletproof vest, and, in a few seconds, he was fully encased in mechanized battle armor. The hulking metal monstrosity turned and faced me, and he raised the arm with the pyro-atomizer strapped on once again.

Then the weapon began hissing and the man began wildly thrashing his weaponized arm around.

Then pyromaniac roared with rage as the inferno exploded into existence with a furious burst of heat. It was as if a nuke had just been dropped in the middle of the room. The walls, floor, elevators, and the walkways of the stories above all roared into a blazing bonfire. The blinding glare of the vaporizing objects filled my vision.

I didn't even allow myself a second for fear. If I took him out, that device wouldn't fire. But what about Dad? I spared a glance toward him to see him rushing for the front door. He turned and looked at me.

"Come, hurry!" he pleaded, barely audible over the sounds of roaring flame and howling explosions. I gave him a loving smile and hoped he could see it. Then I turned and sprang toward the armored madman. My sword clanged loudly against his armor, knocking him back a few feet. His arm with the weapon dropped to his side and the ground burst into flames. Steam rose from his scorching armor but he turned and aimed the device at me. Then the ground burned away and his invisible shot of the pyro-atomizer missed as he fell into a small pit still laced with flames.

I jumped down into the pit, sword raised, and smashed it down on the top of his helmet. He turned and caught with a furious, iron-reinforced punch to my helmet. The next thing I knew I was lying on the ground, vision blurring, knocked out of the hole. The man stepped out of the hole and advanced towards me.

Suddenly, with a shrieking and hissing of flames, an entire section of decintegrating ceiling crashed upon him, burying him in a glowing mass like lava.

I crawled, dazed, to my feet and my eyes darted around the room. A giant scorch-line where the device's ray had hit snaked across the room several times in manic fashion. Almost all of the room had been obliterated and what remained was scorched beyond repair. Parts at the end of it were still roaring and glowing. Several of the elevatprs were severed and three of them had fallen and smashed on the room floor It was a miracle that the upper floors had not caved in yet.

As I took in the almost complete destruction of PalaTech, a metal scratching made me whirl to face the wreckage that had dropped on my foe. It was now almost completely decintegrated, and flaming metal beams were sinking into a pool of molten metal that was rapidly shrinking with a piercing hissing noise. The screeching of metal on metal was coming from inside it.

I reflexively jumped back as a metal claw burst from the flames. Steam rose from the twisted shape rising from the inferno. Bathed in molten iron, it glowed and pulsed like the vaporizing material around it. Then with a shuddering, thrashing movement, a figure rose from the incineration.

JOIN THE GUARDIANS

Have you ever thought it would be cool to have super powers? Fill out the form below to join the Guardians and fight for good with other super heroes. Save the world, that kind of stuff! Copy and paste the form in the comments and change the different fields to what you want.

Name: (remember that this super hero represents you, choose accordingly)

Real Name: (the real name of your character)

Power(s): (this can just be skills, like Hawkeye, or superhuman powers)

Looks: (what do you wear and what do you look like in the book?)

Personality: (are you kind and gentle or cold and foreboding?)

Backstory: (how did you get your super powers?)

See more stories by pensword
Nice!

Nice!

Posted by Sally on Sun, 07/10/2016 - 14:57
thanx   Become a super hero

thanx

Become a super hero and join the Guardians (COMING SOON!!)

Posted by Predator-6 on Sun, 07/10/2016 - 17:18
Dude, really well done. I

Dude, really well done. I have to say, for just one point of view, you really nailed Luna's hero. :D

Posted by SuperJ on Sun, 07/10/2016 - 18:46
I completely agree. Another

I completely agree. Another great chapter! Looking forward to more!

Posted by adventure of a ... on Sun, 07/10/2016 - 22:49
And you're gonna get it

And you're gonna get it :)

Posted by Predator-6 on Mon, 07/11/2016 - 13:15