/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ THE GUARDIANS Chapter 7: Taken In (NEW POV + INFO ON UPCOMING BOOKS) | KidPub Press //
THE GUARDIANS Chapter 7: Taken In (NEW POV + INFO ON UPCOMING BOOKS)

Posted July 12th, 2016 by Codename-X12

by pensword
in a secret bunker finishing the Guardians

CHAPTER 7: TAKEN IN

BOY DARKESS

I regarded the Fox as she stared at me curiously. Her bright orange shirt and cape and tan brown mini-skirt would be horrible to wear for any missions that required not busting right in on the villains kamikazi-style. In other words, her outfit was fit for anything but what I did. My tactics included stealth and surprise attacks. Silent and deadly.

When I told her I didn't have a name, that was true, because, ever since the Accident when both of my parents died and I was tortured when I was really young, I had never remembered much of my life before then. It was only really flashes of color and flickers of sound. I couldn't even remember how old I was when I was taken. But I knew my parents had been killed. Their screams stuck out to me in that nightmarish haze.

But of course, if those events had not come to pass, I would not be who I am today. I could not avenge their death every day, by taking the lives of those who oppressed the innocent.

And that's what I had been trying to do before I heard a building collapse a half mile away and decided what I had been doing could wait. And that's what I would be getting back to if that stupid helicopter hadn't shot both of my legs and my left arm. But it hadn't been a total waste.

That codename, Dread, was oddly familiar to me. Hauntingly familiar. I could just recall from the dark depths of my warped, distorted memory, that word, but of course it was all excruciatingly unclear. Maybe the gilr had heard something.

"Did that man say anything about someone called Vesper?" I asked, surprising her.

"Oh, yeah, he said something about someone codenamed Vesper who had stolen the pyro-thingy from my dad's work," she replied after a moment. "Uh, why, you got a death wish on him or something?"

"Not far from the truth," I replied, deep in thought. Vesper. That was the other lead I had been following when I had been drawn to this battle. The two must somehow be connected. Dread. I remembered something about a man who kidnapped children on the streets, ones who had special abilities.

"There's some shrapnel in your leg," one of the paramedics who had been probing my legs reported, jarring me out of my thoughts. "The shots in both legs are bad. They could get infected easily."

"So, Dark," the Fox spoke up. "Do you want some help with that?" Usually I didn't accept help from anyone, just crept away from a battle when it was over to heal my injuries in peace. But I had never faced wounds so bad as these before. They had hurt so bad I could barely even see past the pain's red glare, until one of the paramedics had injected some painkillers. I resolved to accept their help until I could get back out on my own.

"That would be nice," I replied, somewhat sarcastically. Apparently they didn't detect the sarcasm, but two paramedics supported me, one on either side, and we limped to the nearest ambulance.

MORE INFOMATION ON UPCOMING SUPER HERO BOOKS:

1. Shadow: The Darktouched will reveal the mysteries of Boy Darkness and the Darktouched (coming after the Guardians)

2. The Predator: Soul Cage will go into more detail of how Shane Corvo got his super powers

3. I have planned three books to follow the whole team, but I don't have titles for the first two yet

4. More info coming soon (check my bio for updated information)

JOIN THE GUARDIANS

Only a few spots left (but you can still submit a super hero for future books)

Have you ever thought it would be cool to have super powers? Fill out the form below to join the Guardians and fight for good with other super heroes. Save the world, that kind of stuff! Copy and paste the form in the comments and change the different fields to what you want.

Name: (remember that this super hero represents you, choose accordingly)

Real Name: (the real name of your character)

Power(s): (this can just be skills, like Hawkeye, or superhuman powers)

Looks: (what do you wear and what do you look like in the book?)

Personality: (are you kind and gentle or cold and foreboding?)

Backstory: (how did you get your super powers?)

See more stories by pensword
Another amazing
Posted by adventure of a ... on Tue, 07/12/2016 - 11:18
Nice job, I'm hooked :)

Nice job, I'm hooked :)

Posted by Charlie on Wed, 07/13/2016 - 13:29
thanks!   Become a super

thanks!

Become a super hero and join the Guardians in epic battles!

Posted by Predator-6 (Jack) on Thu, 07/14/2016 - 08:28