/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ THE GUARDIANS Chapter 9: Dark Memories Part 1 + SUBMIT A VILLAIN! | KidPub Press //
THE GUARDIANS Chapter 9: Dark Memories Part 1 + SUBMIT A VILLAIN!

Posted July 20th, 2016 by Codename-X12

by pensword
in a secret bunker finishing the Guardians

Sorry I haven't done a chapter in a while. The series isn't going to be ended of course! But I'm working on something else right now (it's almost done), and then I'll have the chapters cranking again. THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SUPPORT TOO!

CHAPTER 9: DARK MEMORIES PART 1

I fell back on my bed where I had been sitting, stunned. Brandon was my name! Somehow it seemed unattached to me, distant, as if it belonged to a stranger.

A buried memory flickered into my mind. The screams, as always, but now, I could remember more. Gunshots, dozens in rapid succession. Then another scream, louder and more pained than the others, and a piercing sizzling sound. The scream faded. I grasped mentally at the memory, trying to uncover more, but it faded as quickly as the scream.

I snarled and whipped my pillow across the room in rage, aiming at a lamp atop a desk. The lamp tipped and shattered on the floor, spraying glass everywhere. I could hear faint scurrying outside the door as if some servant tidying up outside my room had retreated at the sound.

A minute later the door opened and Luna Palamara peered in. Her usually chest length caramel hair was tied in a ponytail and she wore jeans and a bright yellow T-shirt.

"Are you okay, Dark?" she asked.

"Don't call me that!" I yelled, my anger getting the best of me. She stared at me. "Sorry," I murmured a minute later. She had been kind to me when not many people had, and this was how I repaid her?

"You throwing a fit in here?" Luna asked. Usually if people dared to talk to me, the fear was evident in their voice, but Luna spoke with complete confidence approaching me. She rolled her wheelchair a few feet into the room and stopped. Seeing my stricken face and the smashed lamp, she asked, "Found something?"

"My name is Brandon Lorensten," I said slowly, as if saying it would make it official. "My family was murdered nine years ago and I was kidnapped." Luna's brown eyes opened wide.

"I'm sorry," she said after a minute. Even though she was so self-possessed and cool even in the face of danger, I realized that she could be very sympathetic as well. Then she rolled out of the room in her wheelchair and left me to my feelings.

I returned to the forgotten laptop on my bed and checked the archives for the promised follow-up articles. There were none, so apparently nothing had been found in the investigations that had warranted an update. Closing the laptop and setting it on the desk, I lowered myself off the bed and into my wheelchair, cursing at the object as pain flickered up my leg for a moment.

I pressed a button on the armrest of the wheelchair that controlled the smart functions of the mansion. A door leading to the expansive balcony opened by itself a few feet away. I rolled out of the room, the lights turning off automatically behind me.

The front property of the mansion was wreathed in golden sunlight like it had been lit on fire. Long shadows stretched from the trees across the yard like grasping fingers. Usually I didn't like staying outside during the day and avoided it when possible, but today I didn't mind for the view.

The pathes of the private gardens stretched before me like a labyrinth, the rows of exotic flowers blending together into solid patches lining the walk. Burbling streams wove in and out of the garden and among trees and bushes like the thread of a weaver. Every hundred yards or so a large fountain sat, water washing over it in its race to reach the stone basin at its bottom.

I could see squads of gardeners spread out across the expanse, trimming the already-perfect trees and hedges. From up here on the enormous balcony they looked like tiny ants working busily.

Every minute the brilliant blazing ball of light that was the sun sank deeper and deeper into the horizon like a boat sinking slowly into an enormous black sea. The dozens of gardeners began heading back toward the house, clutching their hoes, trimmers, and shovels. And I turned around and headed back for my room, the door swinging open as if to beckon me back inside.

I tossed and turned hours later in bed, unable to find rest. My thoughts were a jumbled, twisted mess. Am I really Brandon Lorensten? Somehow it seemed unlikely. It was so weird to finally know my name that I didn't really know what to make of it. And my thoughts kept straying to when Luna had called me Dark. The first time she had I had been too occupied with my leg wounds to give her much attention. But when she had called me that now, I remembered.

Only one other person had ever called me that. My only other friend. And she had died years ago.     

SUBMIT A VILLAIN!

If I like the villain I may use it in this book or upcoming books

Have you ever thought it would be cool to have super powers? Fill out the form below to join the Guardians and fight for good with other super heroes. Save the world, that kind of stuff! Copy and paste the form in the comments and change the different fields to what you want.

Name: (supervillain name)

Real Name: (secret identity name, if your villain has one)

Power(s): (this can just be skills, like Hawkeye, or superhuman powers)

Looks: (what do they wear and what do they look like in the book?)

Personality: (most villains are mean, but what sort of personality does your villain have?)

Backstory: (how did the villain turn evil and get his powers?)

See more stories by pensword
Hello! Another AMAZING

Hello! Another AMAZING chapter from the Guardians!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Sally on Wed, 07/20/2016 - 08:32
Ok, soooooooooooooooo. I

Ok, soooooooooooooooo. I already submited Saffron into the Guardians as a good superhero.

Maybe i could submit a villain too?

Name: Red Skull

Real Name: Gwen

Powers: She can make herself invisable. She also can sometimes make invisable force fields and traps.

Looks: Short red-dish brown hair. A few light freckles. Green eyes. Tall.

Personality: Strong, sometimes mean. Can get a little prideful.

backstory: Saffron and Red Skull are sisters. One was always kind, while the other was dark. When a robber came into their family's home with a gun,

Saffron made a pencil into a gun with her powers and killed the robber before he could shoot Gwen. Their family praised Saffron. But Gwen didn't like it.

So, one night, she decided to strike out on her own. She named herself Red Skull and rand from home to become better than her sister. But one day, Red Skull had an idea. She went back home with a weapon and found Saffron. Red Skull wanted to fight her sister. So, they fought hard, until Saffron went to the ground. Then , Red Skull made a sleep potion and poured it on her, to make it look like she had died. Saffron was there for days. Investigators thought she was dead. Until, one night, Saffron awoke. She forgot everything. Even her family. So she set out looking and fighting for whoever did such a cuel thing to her.

Posted by Sally on Wed, 07/20/2016 - 08:48
umm...hate to say it but red

umm...hate to say it but red skull is sorta copyrighted by marvel

Become a super hero and join the Guardians in epic battles!

Posted by Predator-6 (Jack) on Wed, 07/20/2016 - 13:03
Name: (supervillain name)

Name: (supervillain name) Armageddon

Real Name: (secret identity name, if your villain has one) Unknown

Power(s): (this can just be skills, like Hawkeye, or superhuman powers) Can make objects implode/explode, superstrength, superhuman toughness/durability,

Looks: (what do they wear and what do they look like in the book?) orange and black suit, with black metal gloves, black, shadow like skin, and red eyes

Personality: (most villains are mean, but what sort of personality does your villain have) Hardheaded, cocky, persuasive, cunning

Backstory: (how did the villain turn evil and get his powers?) Part of a power enhancment progrem called project alpha. It worked, making him very powerful. It got to his head, and he started wrecking havoc. Eventually he got iit togethor, but it was too late. When he tried to right his wrongs, he was almost killed. So instead, he continued to be villainous, and eventually started to go out insane

Posted by Charlie on Wed, 07/20/2016 - 13:14
Oh, really? I didn't know

Oh, really? I didn't know that, honestly.

Posted by Sally on Wed, 07/20/2016 - 19:36
no problem. Captain americas

no problem. Captain americas archenemy sort of

Posted by Predator-6 (Jack) on Thu, 07/21/2016 - 13:33
Name: Dusty Fire Real Name:

Name: Dusty Fire

Real Name: Gwen

backstory: Saffron and Dusty Fire are sisters. One was always kind, while the other was dark. When a robber came into their family's home with a gun,

So, one night, she decided to strike out on her own. She named herself Dusty Fire and rand from home to become better than her sister. But one day, Dusty Fire had an idea. She went back home with a weapon and found Saffron. Dusty Fire wanted to fight her sister. So, they fought hard, until Saffron went to the ground. Then ,Dusty Fire made a sleep potion and poured it on her, to make it look like she had died. Saffron was there for days. Investigators thought she was dead. Until, one night, Saffron awoke. She forgot everything. Even her family. So she set out looking and fighting for whoever did such a cuel thing to her.

OK! I changed the name from Red Skull to Dusty Fire!

Thanks!.

Posted by waverunner on Thu, 07/21/2016 - 14:59
Aye, now we're on a roll!

Aye, now we're on a roll! This continuation and interaction with the readers is nice...I came up with a villain that really gels with Rick Sorte (my hero I created).

Name: (supervillain name) World Threat 

Real Name: (secret identity name, if your villain has one) Willaterros 

Power(s): (this can just be skills, like Hawkeye, or superhuman powers) His absorption of planets allows him to empty galaxies with a single inhale. 

Looks: (what do they wear and what do they look like in the book?) Covered in massive armor made of asteroids, World Threat possesses utmost protection against strong spacial attacks and blasts. 

Personality: (most villains are mean, but what sort of personality does your villain have?) World Threat has known nothing but destruction. He cannot emotionally feel happiness or peace, and apparently was made out of the absence of hope. He exists as a pure being of universal hunger. 

Backstory: (how did the villain turn evil and get his powers?) Willaterros, also known as World Threat, grew from the absence of hope. Several planets including Earth, which has wars around the globe occassionally, underwent heavy despair as tragedies happened. This combination of shared disbelief that hope had vanished gave World Threat his life. He was responsible for obliterating Rick Sorte's original home...the planet of his ancestors. World Threat continues to travel the cosmos as a breathing, destroying, emotionless gargantuan. 

Posted by AuthorMind(Justin) on Sat, 07/23/2016 - 19:05