/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Burst #15: Invisible (My Second-Year-a-Versary! XD) | KidPub Press //
Burst #15: Invisible (My Second-Year-a-Versary! XD)

Posted May 24th, 2013 by Cherrybomb

Cherrybomb's picture
by Cherrybomb
in debted

I joined on 5/5/2011 so this is really quite late. But oh well. :D

THANKS: To everyone on Kidpub, to everyone who's ever commented on my stuff(whether it be a short "nice!" or a thoughtful long comment(coughcough Raindrops you're epic :D)), and to the people who've given me CC because I would have never improved without you. :D

THANKS SO MUCH KIDPUB! :D

~~~~~~~

(unedited obviously. The prompt was about if you became invisble, from a wish a genie granted you or something. XD)

I suddenly realized, perhaps this wasn't such a good idea after all...
I walked on the sidewalk towards home, looking at the ground in deep thought. So lost was I in my thoughts, I accidently bumped into someone, an old man. He cursed, shook his cane as though it was it's fault, and then hobbled on. The word 'sorry' was frozen on my lips, because I knew he couldn't see me.
    "Boo!" I yelled out half-heartedly at a child sucking on a lollipop to my right. She jumped, startled, then darted away towards her mother impatiently waiting for her.
    Pranking wasn't fun anymore. Not even if I did elaborate pranks. It always felt controlled, or repetitive, no longer a highlight of my invisible life.
    I continued walking towards home, until I came upon a bench. It was just that really- a bench sitting forlornly on a lonely tuft of parched grass in a shady corner of the park, but something pulled me to it. I sat down on the bench, feeling the rough texture of decades of carved names on the seating, and suddenly realized I wasn't the only one there. A young girl sat besides me on the bench, doodling in a silver covered notebook. She was smiling as she drew, and something about the essence of her smile told me she knew someone was sitting besides her. I watched her draw, and made out a dark figure sitting on a lightly drawn bench besides another figure-who was drawn very lightly, almost invisible against the paper.
    It would be a wonderful thing to see the world around me, she writes, in tiny but perfect cursive lettering across the bottom of her drawing.
    She turns to me, smiling, and pushes away a strand of hair that has fallen across her face.
    I realize, as I stare into her murky eyes, that she is blind.
    It would be nice, but I am still glad. I can see the invisible, by hearing, by touch. I am cursed with being blind, but some curses are a blessing, she writes. Her hand-writing is even better than mine.
    People avoid me because they know I'm blind. She writes. I think, people avoid me because they don't know I'm there.
    What they don't know is that sometimes, when you're in the middle of everything, and yet not a part of it, of them, you see things they don't. You hear things they don't. You know things they don't, things that are happening right under their noses. You see the things they can't see, the things they're blind to.
    I smile. I nod, and wonder if the whisper of wind made by my movement is heard from her. Then, still smiling, she slips the covers of her notebook together, places her pencil behind her ear, and walks away from the bench. She whispers, and I think I have never heard a more peaceful voice.
    "If only everyone took the time to look, then they would see as well."
    And I think, I think, I think I can be happy with how I am. I think I can be happy with being invisble to the world, because they aren't the ones invisible to me.

See more stories by Cherrybomb
Happy second yearaversary

Happy second yearaversary Cherrybomb! :D

And cool. :3

Art is the weapon. Imagination the ammunition. Stay strong, and stay dirty. Create and destroy as you see fit.

"Everything is funny when you're dead; but you can't smile 'cause your lips have rotted off." __R quoting M from Warm Bodies, by Isaac Marion

Posted by Ary of the Fandoms on Fri, 05/24/2013 - 13:14
Thanks Ary! :D By the way,

Thanks Ary! :D By the way, what do you prefer being called? :3 Ary, otaku, Ari...?

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sat, 05/25/2013 - 12:15
:3 XD You can call me Ary.

:3

XD You can call me Ary. ;)

Posted by Castiel *Ary* on Mon, 05/27/2013 - 09:10
Cherry! I just missed you!

Cherry! I just missed you! Grrrrr.... Anyway: beautiful as always. I love your perspective.

Ahhh, that wasn't very long, but you know what? Next time you have a change respond to me maybe? I've missed you. :P

Happy second yearaversery, glad to be a part of -some- -a small bit- a very small bit - part of your KP life. :D

Posted by It will rain. on Fri, 05/24/2013 - 16:48
Aww darn it! D: I should've

Aww darn it! D: I should've stayed on a bit longer. >_>

Thank you Rainy! :D I love fiddling with perspectives in stories. XD

"a small bit"?

hahaha.

Nope.

*glomps* You're a very big part of my Kp life, trust me. :D  Thank you so much Randrops! :D

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sat, 05/25/2013 - 12:12
I'm sorry, that expression.

I'm sorry, that expression. It's soo. So derpy. >__________<

Anyway, I'll be on more in the summer.

Posted by It will rain. on Sat, 06/01/2013 - 15:08
YESH

YESH BURSTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! This was so...just awww :) It had such a good message...it was just amazing :) I loved it! And HAPPY YEARAVERSARY!!! OMG yayayays :D TWO? That's soo awesome! Congrats! :D

Posted by Epicness (Laura) on Fri, 05/24/2013 - 17:17
YES I KNOW FINALLY :'D It

YES I KNOW FINALLY :'D It was in an optional writing session...and suddenly I had inspiration. XD

Aww, thank you! :D Yes, two! :D I felt like I would never make it to two years, heh. XD Thanks! :D

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Ratatoskr (Che... on Sat, 05/25/2013 - 12:03
Happy Late Year-A-Versary

Happy Late Year-A-Versary Cherrybomb!  And beautiful story.  Reminds me a bit of Andrew Clement's "Things Not Seen"

?~*Purple Indigo*~?

Posted by Purple Indigo on Fri, 05/24/2013 - 17:34
Oh yes, I've read that

Oh yes, I've read that book! I recently took a test on it for school. It was a great read. c:

"DON'T CALL ME SMALL! I'LL BREAK DOWN YOUR FEET AND STICK 'EM ON YOUR HEAD!" -Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist (Hey, that's me!)

Posted by Edward Elric {Jess} on Fri, 05/24/2013 - 20:35
Thanks CAC! :D Hmm, I think

Thanks CAC! :D Hmm, I think I've heard of "Things Not Seen" before. I'll have to check it out. :D

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Ratatoskr (Che... on Sat, 05/25/2013 - 12:04
Oh. My. Gosh. Cherry, this

Oh. My. Gosh.

Cherry, this is so beautiful. I love all your bursts, and your writing is always so beautiful, but there is something about this that catches me by the sleeve and tells me to wait. Tells me to look, to see what is there, and what isn't. The inspirational quality of this is something I have dreamed of being able to write. You just leave wisdom on the page in the form of beauty, which is so amazing that you can do that. Your writing is so beautiful becaause you leave that beauty on the page. Your writing tells people to look harder and see what's really there, and what isn't. And not just while reading, but in life. You are an amazing writer and all at once I feel small. Like you are the point of the mountaian, and I am a mere anthill at the bottom. (Kind of like how I felt while reading Rainy's poetry xD) I have never been able to leave that unique beauty on the page, the one that inspires awe and thought. You are so so so sooooooo talented as a writer, and I admire everything about your work.

Needless to say, faved. And I would sew this into my heart if I could, because I never want this beauty to leave me.

Happy second yearaversary, mon cherri. You are one of a kind. ^-^ I love your writing and hope that you will continue to share your talent with KP.

~"She's not by the beautiful storm, like an eye of the world anymore. She's in the dark. She's in the light. Where did she go? She's gone."~ Raindrops~

Posted by JoMarch on Fri, 05/24/2013 - 19:58
This is one of those times I

This is one of those times I really wish words didn't fail me. >-< Gaaahhhh I dunno what to say. D: But they say a picture says a thousand words. So a GIF must say even more. :D

Thank you so much Ellie! :D *glomps*

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Ratatoskr (Che... on Sat, 05/25/2013 - 12:10
HAPPY BELATED YEARAVERSARY,

HAPPY BELATED YEARAVERSARY, CHERRY! Tis been a while since we have talked! ^_^ Love the piece of writing, by the way. :'D Your style is just absolutely beautiful. Fast-paced. Just...SERIOUSLY AHMAZEING. 8DD

Posted by Edward Elric {Jess} on Fri, 05/24/2013 - 20:34
Thanks a bunch Jessica! :D

Thanks a bunch Jessica! :D Yes it has been a while...I should come on here more. XD Aww thanks! :D It means a lot. ^_^ :D

By the way, I like your signature/picture thingy. ^-^

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sat, 05/25/2013 - 12:14
YESH, you should! ^_^ Thank

YESH, you should! ^_^ Thank you, by the way. It isn't clickable yet since I've been too lazy to do that... xD As you can see, (*loves FMA*) Hope you have many more amazing years on KP to come! I'm glad it means a lot! :D

Posted by Edward Elric {Jess} on Mon, 05/27/2013 - 09:19
Happy second yearaversary!!!

Happy second yearaversary!!! :D

By the way all your writing is incredible! Your style is brilliant :)

Posted by Author2B on Sat, 05/25/2013 - 02:22
Thank you so much!

Thank you so much! :D

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Ratatoskr (Che... on Sat, 05/25/2013 - 12:15
Aww, Cherrybomb!!! I'm so

Aww, Cherrybomb!!! I'm so sorry I didn't find this earlier. :( I just went on a week long cruise and haven't been on KidPub lately. But anyways.....HAPPY SECOND YEARAVERSARY!!!!!!!! *balloons fall and confetti bursts out of nowhere* You deserve it, too. You are an AMAZING writer and can always make me smile.

Also, I love this story! It is so touching how the main character realizes from a blind girl that she can be happy the way she is. That was so sweet...and it can be a good life lesson to accept yourself for who you are. And I think you write non-horror stories very well. ^_^

-Kaley :D :P <3

"...I stop and look at the cabin, remembering the tragic and life-changing past of this very place....This is where everything began." -From my book, The Camping Game

Posted by Kaley <3 on Sat, 06/15/2013 - 10:32
Don't worry about it. :D You

Don't worry about it. :D You went on a cruise? Sounds epic! ^_^

Yayyyy confetti! :D *dances around in it* XD Aww, thankies, Kaley! :D You're an epic writer as well. ^_^

Thank you again, Kaley! :DDD *hugs* (And hehe, I'm glad I can write semi-goodish non-horror XD I wouldn't want to be stuck with horror the entire time ;))

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Ratatoskr (Che... on Tue, 06/18/2013 - 10:57
I just came back from a

I just came back from a week-long cruise today, too, Kaley. :O If you don't mind, may I ask what destinations and which ship? :3

Posted by JessicaK on Sun, 06/23/2013 - 17:08
Oh, sorry for not replying

Oh, sorry for not replying sooner, Jessica. :P I went on the Carnival Magic in the Caribbean.

-Kaley :D :P <3

"I decided Analee was just a girl who always left with a mystery still to be solved...But little did I know that she was the answer to all my questions..." -From my book, Apocalypse

Posted by Kaley <3 on Wed, 07/10/2013 - 14:34
Did you go to Cozumel,

Did you go to Cozumel, Mexico? Because, while I was on the Allure of the Seas by Royal Caribbean, I saw the Carnival Magic at the Cozumel port. International port or something. XD

Posted by JessicaK on Wed, 07/10/2013 - 15:00
Yeah, I went to Cozumel. And

Yeah, I went to Cozumel. And I think I remember seeing your ship! That's really cool!

-Kaley :D :P <3

Posted by Kaley <3 on Wed, 07/10/2013 - 15:12