/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Heartdrop//Intro PLEASE CC AND READ:) | KidPub Press //
Heartdrop//Intro PLEASE CC AND READ:)

Heartdrop//Intro PLEASE CC AND READ:)

Posted April 7th, 2018 by alemye10

by /alem/
in what?? “The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.”

Boy, I haven’t posted in forever, have I? I’m starting this new story that I’m passionate about (and yes, Quartz and Riley, I’m trying to organize my thoughts on TGWA). So maybe I can continue this. I would be OVERJOYED if people gave me cc on this and followed along. And like always, just let me know if there is a story of yours you would like for me to read/comment on! Thanks! NOW, let’s get started! Oh and the formatting is WAY messed up so yeah about that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Many, if not all people, have experienced that feeling known by “surprise”. Not the good kind like getting the best Christmas gift ever that’s even better than what you originally asked for, no. I mean the one where it’s so sudden, you’re heart dips, it drops likes a rain showering you in another feeling that is just as hard to go by.
But of course, it’s one of those feelings that can never quite be described. It doesn’t have a certain name, not that I know of at least.
For me, it came on an otherwise perfect day. It was the day before the day school started again. August 28th. I was on my iPod, watching a YouTube video on how to do a fishtail braid. I was happy, because I was about to go out to dinner with my mom, dad and older sister when suddenly the sound of the video got softer and a text came up from the top. I clicked it and was transported to my text messages. My friend, Georgia, had typed out a simple message. “Can you talk?” I hadn’t seen Georgia all summer even though she was my best friend, and my only friend. Most of my summer had been spent at the park, kicking around a soccer ball.
I answered and the story began. Georgia first told me she was moving.
My heart dropped and the first thing I thought was that she was so calm. Then I realized we were talking over text and she could be crying her eyes out right now. Tears formed in my own eyes.
When I asked her why, she told me her mother had died. This had to be a joke. How could this happen? And why would Georgia tell me so quickly? Even though she was one of my priorities and my best friend, I had never really felt the feeling was mutual. So, I naturally asked when it had happened, after of course telling her I was sorry. And her answer hurt me. In the beginning of the summer, apparently. And I had played and breathed and laughed and ate all summer with no idea. I had thought about Georgia a lot but never could I have guessed this.
I thought about the last time I had seen Georgia. The last day of school I
remembered. She had made fun of Jonas Bridgett who had cried. She had laughed and I felt guilty and bad but laughed with her.
It hadn’t occurred to me that it was the last time I would ever see her
again and in a few days, it would be Georgia crying.
I kept apologizing and apologizing, I tried to FaceTime and when Georgia answered, her eyes were puffy and red and sad. The lights were off so I could barely make out her outline and her lips were dry and cracked. I wanted to know where her precious little brothers were. I wondered if time could ever heal the hurt in Georgia’s swollen eyes, if time could really fix the damage of the many heartdrops I was sure Georgia had been through.
Georgia was going to live with her grandparents now, her dad wasn’t able to take care of her and her three brothers who were eight, six and three. She didn’t tell me where her brothers were going but boy, her family was going to be split up.
I thought about how many kids Georgia had bullied over the years, how she brought tears to my eyes almost every week no matter how many times I came back to her because she was my rock at school. Without her I was just Violet. Violet the lonely. Violet with no friends.
I felt so incredibly, terribly bad for Georgia even though she had been a big bully but I knew what this meant.
Georgia had been my friend but also the school bully, which made me the school bully’s friend and the girl everyone would be afraid of this moving seventh grade school year. And seventh grade was the worst, kids were turning thirteen which made them think they were some kind of boss of the world.
Me and Georgia were not always friends. It was just an untypical gym class.
I knew I shouldn’t feel bad for myself. It wasn’t my life that was drastically changing. But then again, it wasn’t me who made kindergarteners cry.
No, it was me who stood there and did nothing. The one who stood by and watched everything leave my hands and now I was paying for it. Nothing was in my hands anymore.
I knew what tomorrow would bring. When people found out about Georgia, they would feel bad at first but instantly see me as the new Georgia. But I just happened to be the only kid Georgia could talk to for a few minutes without giving me a black eye.
Of course a few minutes wasn’t forever and I have ended up with a black eye a few times.
What do you expect? It’s Georgia. The Georgia I watched as she bullied but didn’t do one single thing to stop. And Georgia might not have been the nicest person in the world but no one deserves anything like this. I suddenly wished more than anything I could travel back in time. Stop Georgia from hurting some kids. Maybe only a few but it was still a difference. And now, I realized it was a difference I would never make.
I tapped a long sincere goodbye to Georgia when my mom called my name but halfway through, I deleted. I simply said ‘gtg bye’ and that was it. I wasn’t sure what was going on and what to feel but his was enough. Any other day I would wait for an answer back but I slammed my iPod back on the table and made my way down the stairs and put on some sneakers. I glanced at my reflection and watched the way I moved and the way I looked and I let my eyes stare into my reflection of my eyes and I felt scared. I felt like I was sinking, walking blindly through a tunnel underground. Above me where the people who had found their way out and down the tunnel a few more miles were the people who had lost their path, like Georgia. I frowned and walked out of the house, locking the door.
I sat in my seat in the car, leaning my head against the window. My parents and sisters talked and I turned my head a little. A different part of my forehead touched the warm window and I felt the car move. I watched as we left my neighborhood, down a few minutes on the main road and took a turn into the mall area. We went into a buffet and I bumped into someone.
The person was old, with salt-and-pepper hair and quite tall. He was patting the head of a younger boy, about four or so. He, he being the four-year old, had an older brother who I recognized. It was tomorrow-to-be second grader, Jonas Bridgett.
I was taken aback at the sorrow reminder of who I had been and the unpredictable future I had ahead of me.

*****
When Georgia’s mother got on the bus home from Wal-Mart because she couldn’t afford driving her car back, she didn’t know the snow was that dangerous. She didn’t know that there was a little more to the bus driver then the large muscular body sitting in front of the wheel.

Georgia’s mother was not in a good mood. Georgia had been grumpy. Ethan had been ignoring everything and everyone in the room he shared with two brothers. Max had been whining. And little Junior had been crying and screaming as he ran around the apartment.

Georgia’s mother was not happy. And when the bus started rolling out of control, Georgia’s mother had screamed. She screamed because she didn’t want to die. She didn’t want her children’s last memory of her being yelling and fighting and arguing and simply ignoring. But it was.

And there was nothing anybody could do about it. And in the moment Georgia’s mother drew her last breath, the light in the little apartment building where four young children were staying with their father flicked on and off. And then the power when out. All the lights came off. And the town wasn’t the only thing that lost power. It was the whole family.

In that moment, the power was sucked right out of Powers family. There last name a lie, their life a lie.

I’ve once heard a quote that’s supposed to make you laugh. And it did, it made me laugh. It went something like this: “When something in life goes wrong, yell ‘plot twist!’ and move on’. It was on a sticky note in Georgia’s closet until she ripped it off when a police officer came to her door that day. Because it was untrue, impossible.

Life was just a game of dodgeball, and Georgia was getting hit too much. And when she reacted, all she did was hurt someone. Like all those kids at school who considered her a bully.

It could be said in a statement. Just like the lightbulb above her head, the power of Georgia Powers, was lost.

See more stories by /alem/
Wow! Great job! Bring emtion

Wow! Great job! Bring emtion to the books and getting your readers to have emotion is a goal to acomplish! I spelled that wrong...didn't I? 

Posted by Cherith on Tue, 04/10/2018 - 20:08
Aw

Aw thanks!
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by /alem/ on Wed, 04/11/2018 - 15:14
You might’ve lol Don’t

You might’ve lol
Don’t worry it’s a hard word to spell tho sometimes
__________
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by /alem/ on Thu, 04/12/2018 - 07:15