//
The Hurt, The Unwanted, and the Broken

The Hurt, The Unwanted, and the Broken

Posted June 14th, 2016 by TCGuest

by Rambouten101
in Hawaii(I can dream, right?)

Hi Guys! This is a collage of a bunch of my poems... Please no mean comments, just CC and helpful things. A lot of these things actually happened to me. Below is an authors note.

Every 14 minutes, someone commits suicide in the U.S. Every 14 minutes, someone commits suicide in the U.S. Every 14 minutes, someone decides that they can’t go on with their life. Every 14 minutes, someone finds a loved one dead by their own hand. Every 14 minutes, someone loses their best friend, their child, their sibling, their student, their parent, their true love. Every 14 minutes, someone is suffering from a loss of someone they loved and they are blaming themselves.

According to the dictionary, suicide is “1: the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally. 2: a person who commits or attempts suicide.”. But it is more than that. If you commit suicide, you feel as if you can not go on living. As if everyone else would be better off without you. Most of the time, that isn’t the case. But suicidal people feel that way. Suicidal people feel as if everyone they know would be happier without them. And no, suicide is not a sin. The fact that they hated their lives enough to end them means that someone else is usually at fault. To hurt someone like that is the real sin. ne decides that they can’t go on with their life.

Suicide is the second leading cause of death in 15-24 year olds, and the tenth leading cause of death in general. Why have we let so many people feel worthless and unimportant? No one deserves to feel like they need to leave the world. No one deserves to feel like their life holds no value, or that everyone else would be better off without them. No one deserves a life that they can’t go on with. So why do we put those belief in young children, making them feel worthless? Every Time a child is abused, bullied, yelled at, cursed at, told their life holds no meaning, their self value goes down. And the likelihood for them to commit suicide goes up. But bullying, abusing, yelling, and cursing until the victim commits suicide doesn’t only affect the victim. The “suicide survivors” are left to deal with the aftermath, left to suffer their loved one’s loss. Being a “suicide survivor”, I know how it feels. My really close friend, Taya, committed suicide. She saw her life as worthless, even though it was the complete opposite. To me, it is a crime to hurt someone like that, to take away the value that they place in their life. I don’t see how someone can do that to another person. I don’t see how they could bring so much pain not only to her, but to everyone who knew her. It is scary to think someone holds so much power. In reality, we all hold that much power. We all hold the power to bring despair among others. But we also have the power to do the opposite. We have the power to show people their self-worth, to make someone's day. We have the power to help someone hold on to their lives another day, allow them to see tomorrow. We, as individuals, hold the power to save someone's life, as well as b r e a k it. So we should put that power to use. Next time you pass someone in the halls, or at work, smile at them. Next time you see someone having a bad day, tell them a joke. Next time you see a bully, stand up to them. Next time you see someone you love, show them how much they mean to you. Next time you see someone crying, comfort them. Next time your best friend has a problem, help them bear the weight. It is these little things, those genuine smiles, those “thank you's”, those hugs, that remind people that they have something worth living for. So I beseech you, put your powers to good use. We all have them. Brighten someone's day, someone’s life, with your presence. Do your part to help people hold on, and make this world a better, happier place.

-Tacy Guest

See more stories by Rambouten101
That was beautiful!!!!

That was beautiful!!!! Absoulutly wonderful!

Posted by Sally on Wed, 06/15/2016 - 06:08
That was beautiful, and very

That was beautiful, and very emotional, I didn't cry though, I don;t usually cry or laugh when reading something online.

As something I read once goes: Suicide is a PERMANENT solution, to a TEMPORARY problem.You are being watched. *crackle crackle* THE COMMUNICATION HAS ENDED

Posted by Zevichiah Barte... on Wed, 06/15/2016 - 06:27