/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Just An Enigma | KidPub Press //
Just An Enigma

Just An Enigma

Posted January 3rd, 2019 by pheonixa12

in Cork

Chapter 1    The Escape To False Safety     This is the complete first chapter of Just An Enigma                    

They tried to pin me down.They were piling onto my arms and legs.My eyes flashed a deep red and a mythical force dragged  them off of me.I was on my feet fast as lightning.I bolted to the door and kicked it down [im making lightning puns...you'll get it later]  lock and all.The air was crackling with electricity from a brewing storm.I spread my fiery red wings and soared into that storm.Steam blew off of my wings as they collided with the cold night air.I spun through the air,taking in the night sky after so long in captivity.I remembered sitting by the little pool of water that i loved to splash in as the moon reflected off of it.I dove downwards into a forest and dodged trees until i reached a clearing to rest in.I was tired from all the magic i had used that day.I sat against a tree with a thick trunk and soon began to drift off.But then I heard a twig crack and i was on my feet fast as lightning.The air crackled with electricity and a figure steeped from the darkness of the many trees...............''BRENDON!!!!!!''I cried.''thank god it's you!I thought it might it might have been one of them.......''I ram forward and gave him a tight hug.''How did you escape?'I asked as the electricity disappeared from the air.He smiled at me''You left the door open'' I released him from the hug and we sat by the tree together,talking...just talking...about what had happened while we were seperated.He told me our parents were dead.I just nodded.And then he said ''It's ok.There's nothing wrong with being scared sis'' Then I just broke.I started crying.He comforted me,and eventually we fell asleep.I woke to the sun rising through the trees.The grass was covered in sparkling frost.There were clouds gathering afar.I sat up to find my brother Brendon still asleep.I got to my feet and scanned the trees for any type of wildlife.I spotted some human-like creatures watching us from the shadows.........Werewolves maybe?Lyconites perhaps? [thats a cross between a pixie and a wolf].Whatever they were they didn't know I'd seen them.Yet.They were drawing closer.Stalking us like prey.I realized they were hunters.Storm clouds gathered and electricity crackled through the fresh morning air.The hunters faltered but continued edging forward.I clenched my fists and wind whipped through the clearing blowing my midnight black hair in their direction.It was a strong wind and they were really trying to stay where they were.They kept pushing forward.My brother's eyes fluttered open and he shivered.He got to his feet and looked at me.He realized what was happening.Finally I said something ''Who are you?''

Hey that's kind of cool, I

Hey that's kind of cool, I didn't think there would be two Ava's on here! XD. Welcome to KidPub!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you walk down the fairway of life, smell the roses. You only get to play one round. -Ben Hogan 

Posted by chicken123 on Thu, 01/03/2019 - 14:22
xxPheonixa12xx     

xxPheonixa12xx        

thank you for your comment!

I'm excited to join this community of writers

Posted by Ava on Sat, 01/05/2019 - 13:33