//
KIDPUB HOUSES IMPORTANT! (Almost All Name Results! + Final Point System) Dev #8 (REPOST CUZ ERROR)

Posted May 13th, 2017 by Codename-X12

by The Guardian (Jack)
in the Guardians HQ

I'm reposting this because the other one errored. I didn't save what I wrote sadly so this will be quicker than the last one. Okay, so the FINAL NAME FOR HOUSE #2 IS SEA and the FINAL NAME FOR

HOUSE #3 is SKY. The reason House #1 doesn't have a final name yet is because it is TIED BETWEEN ROWLING AND LAND. So please vote now because the voting has been extended. If

the results are not in by Monday I will post a new poll where the only two options are those tied names. Then we'll have a test of the system for a week. Here's some info on what you need

to know about the test:

1. Whenever you do something to earn points, remember to post what you did and how many points you earned under your House's forum on Writer's Block. Otherwise the points won't be counted.

2. Check the point's list that will be reposted on Saturday along with the name results to see how many points you get (if you want to see them now, look at previous posts)

3. At the end of the week, a volunteer from each House will calculate the House points and post them under the main KidPub House forum. That way, Houses will collect points for that week (under

Weekly points) or all the points they've ever gotten (under All-Time). Remember to voice your concerns if something isn't working. It is a test, after all.

NEW POINTS (4.0)

Posting a short story (no clogging allowed. Also announcements like this are not a story): 20 points (if it's over 2,000 words). 45

Posting a poem (has to be more than just a few lines): 15 points

Posting a chapter: 20 points you get 35 pts if it's over 1,500.) 

CC (commenting on a story and providing helpful advice and what you liked about the story): 7 points

Regular comment: 3 points

Vote on a poll: 2 points

Post something else (poll, etc): 7 points

Complete a novel on KP: 100 points

Complete a poetry collection on KP: 100 points

Write a story for for a contest or special event: 50

Write a poem for for a contest or special event: 20

Write a chapter for for a contest or special event: 45

See more stories by The Guardian (Jack)
So far I have 82 points

So far I have 82 points :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posted by Syafai on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 11:15
But I thought it had already

But I thought it had already been agreed that points aren't counted until after we begin? It was my understanding that stories and poems posted before we're sorted into house and begin the test trial don't count. Sorry if I'm wrong

"When you inspire one person you have already changed the world."
-Germany Kent
So go, write a book, sing a song, talk to a stranger. Change the world.

Posted by Norah on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 13:22
Yeah, I agree {i want to

Yeah, I agree

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by Red Zero on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 14:03
I thought the same thing but

I thought the same thing but it says in the title it's a repost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by Sy X) on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 14:49
That... Isn't relevant at

That... Isn't relevant at all, as far as I can tell?

Posted by Red Zero on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 14:57
O. I forgot the houses

O.

I forgot the houses didn't start yet :l

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by Sy X) on Sun, 05/14/2017 - 14:48
How do we know which house

How do we know which house we're on?

Sorry if this has already been answered

Posted by I NEED U (Lila) on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 12:49
We will choose once the

We will choose once the house names are finalized

Again, if the names for #2

Again, if the names for #2 and #3 have been finalized, #1 should go with the set. It doesn't at all make sense to have an out-of-place name and I can't fathom why you would think that way.

Also, I still don't exactly like the points system. For one, your discounting of short poetry rubs me the wrong way. It's about content, not just word count, right? Goodness, aren't you all over the place.

Sorry for challenging you, Mr. Messiah, but I must speak my mind.

Posted by Red Zero on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 14:09
I'm with you there. Poetry

I'm with you there. Poetry doesn't have to be more than a few lines or even one line for it to be an impactful poem; i think there should be some quality control, but not in terms of length.

And the poll should have just been one poll in sets; "author names (x, y, z) - sea, land, sky" etc

Posted by Theo on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 17:59

Posted by july3girl on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 19:42
I'm not sure how the quality

I'm not sure how the quality control would work, but I think short poems take as much effort and deserve as much recognition as longer poems. I mean, if someone posts a bunch of stuff that doesn't seem like it's quality or that it seem like it's just to get points(and multiple people agree) then yeah, they shouldn't get points, unless the author can defend their poetry... but short poetry should be included in the point system.

Do you know what Angelica said, when she read what you'd done? She said: "You've married and Icarus. He's flown to close to the sun."

Posted by Rambouten101 on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 21:50
Absolutely it should. I just

Absolutely it should. I just think that there might be times with spam. But quality is subjective

Posted by Theo on Sun, 05/14/2017 - 06:17
this is a really good idea!

this is a really good idea!

Posted by panda on Sat, 05/13/2017 - 18:46