//
KIDPUB HOUSES Poll Results and Next Steps (Dev #2)

Posted April 20th, 2017 by Codename-X12

by Predator-6 (Jack)
in the Guardians HQ

KIDPUB HOUSES Development Phase #2

What's up guys. Development is going along well but I have a few important announcements to make. The poll results are in and THERE WILL BE NO LEADER due to lots of people not wanting to have

there be leaders. Someone in each House will volunteer to count up points each week. However, if enough people comment on this saying they want a leader, I can post another poll because this was

decided fairly quickly, SO COMMENT below if you still want a leader. Also, there will be THREE HOUSES, not four.

About point-getting: As you know, you earn points for your House by posting and commenting (for more info, check out the first post for the KP Houses). But how will those points put Houses as

champions? At the end of the week, the point-collectors will collect and calculate the points earned that week. Whoever wins that week will be winner until the points are collected next week, and if they

win again nothing changes. The points will determine who wins the two scoring methods.

1. All-Time (this is the all-time score of the House ever since it was created. You can never lose points from your All-Time score from week to week, unlike the Weekly score below. At the end of

each week, the House with the most points wins. This number of points will eventually be high because it will include a certain House's points for years)

2. Weekly (at the start of each week the Houses start with zero points, but these points are saved under the House's All-Time score. At the end of the week, the House with the most points that week

takes the victory.)

What's left to do before the test (a week where we will test the system)

1. Choose the names (a poll will be posted soon)

2. Choose how KPers will be sorted (a poll will be posted soon)

3. Points system 2.0 (balance the point system and add in points for contests, coming this weekend)

I'm gonna be gone the rest of today, on Friday, and part of Saturday so more Development posts are coming this weekend! Stay tuned! Predator-6 out!

See more stories by Predator-6 (Jack)
Hey so this is pretty cool

Hey so this is pretty cool but one problem people pointed out in the last post is that people might rush their work so that their house gets the most points. So perhaps instead of weekly it should be monthly that way everyone will have enough time to make their stories and poems quality pieces of work, rather than sloppily rush because they want points. Sorry, that's just my input. But it's cool that so many people are working together on this to revive kidpub, keep up the good work!
-
Haha don't mind me, I'll just be in the corner! (What even is this signature?)

Posted by Norah on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 09:32
I agree. We COULD make a

I agree. We COULD make a limit or maximum to ensure people are caring for their work. Like, every week you, say, give a date you THINK your next part or story will be out on. Then you CAN'T put it out before then, and you have to put it out on or after the date you give. If you put it out before the date you said, however many points the story is worth get deducted. People could tell the dates in stories labled 'True Story' and title them 'Date of my Next Story.'

Also, if you see someone has published a story without beforehand publsihing a date, same thing as if putting it out before the date. Points deducted.

This could work, but if you see any flaws in this plan let me know.

Posted by Julia on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 11:42
I already rush my work,

I already rush my work, BEFORE this even happened..... 

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster A.K.A. Osaid)> Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by qU@Rt2M@2teR on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 11:48
I agree with monthly. {i

I agree with monthly.

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by Red Zero on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 12:40
Personally, I believe KPers

Personally, I believe KPers should be able to choose their house, rather than being sorted into it.

Posted by Red Zero on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 12:41
I agree as well.

I agree as well.

Posted by Julia on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 13:31
Agreed   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agreed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posted by hufflepuff *sy* on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 14:31
Hogwart's model is still a

Hogwart's model is still a good model I believe. You are sorted based on what you value, but the sorting hat still takes into account which house you DON'T wanna be in. 

Posted by Elliot on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 14:54
Also, I feel like choosing

Also, I feel like choosing your own house will just lead to us choosing the house our friends are in. Like, when Pokemon Go started, I wanted to be in Team Valor but my friends pressured me into choosing Team Mystic haha

Posted by Elliot on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 17:14
I chose Team Mystic because

I chose Team Mystic because of myself. Coincidentally, many of my friends were in the same team. Because we value the same things. My girlfriend told me she was in Instinct before I got the game, but I ended up joining Mystic even though I knew that. Being in the same house doesn't mean everything.

Additionally, two close friends of mine are both Slytherin. (Granted, one is Slytherpuff.) We all chose this for ourselves. We are simply in the same house because we value the same thing. However, house isn't everything, again.

I do not say this to be rude, I simply cannot see it any differently: If you allow others to influence your decision, is it not your fault and your loss?

Posted by Red Zero on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 18:35
Yoo Mystic and

Yoo Mystic and Slytherin.
This being said, test results CAN and probably WILL be manipulated. Those who want to be in a house with their friends will still find ways to do so, regardless if people have the freedom to choose or not. Just saying.

~Stargazer (Co-write with Hyacinth) // A world of magic and everything in between... You won't want to miss out.

Posted by H.P.W.B (*Jill*) on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 19:04
You both make very good

You both make very good points. I know I never took pride in being Mystic bc I let my friends influence me. Slytherin all the way though. Hopefully people here dont choose houses just for their friends.

Posted by Elliot on Fri, 04/21/2017 - 00:43
Maybe we should rotate with

Maybe we should rotate with recording points, or elect someone to be the official scorekeeper for each team. I don't think there should be a leader, but someone that everyone trusts should keep score.

Posted by Lila Violet ;) on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 15:54
Hey. Me again hahaha sorry.

Hey. Me again hahaha sorry. so.... quick question: why do the members of the team matter? If that sounds like I'm trying to be rude and mock this idea or anything then sorry, that's not what I meant. What I mean is will the houses be mini communities or just threads in which points are counted up? Is there any point other than to "win"? Because if so then perhaps this idea will slide downhill. After all, kidpub is meant to be a supportive community in which authors can learn and grow in a comfortable environment. The whole point is that we support eachother and teach eachother to improve. Dividing ourselves into factions and making writing into what's basically a competition may just drive a rift between us. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, who knows, it could end up saving kidpub from the dark ages. But, even though we all mean well when we start it, it could also end up making things worse. So if this is the path we decide is the best then great, I'll support it all the way. But I think we should take the time to really consider this from all angles. Kidpub is in a rather delicate state right now so we should consider all of our options. Maybe something that will build up the community might be better, or maybe nothing at all. That is of course up to you and once again I am in no way claiming that we should all boycott this idea. I'm merely requesting that you give it some deep thought and choose what you think is best. Thanks for listening if you actually finished this overly long post. Whatever you all decide I'm sure somehow it will all work out for the best (I hope).
-/-

Posted by Norah on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 21:36
That makes a good point. But

That makes a good point. But I think the point is to push each other to better ourselves. "If you shape up, I will too". "Victory" doesn't apply here. We're all running a marathon and occasionally checking who is in the lead so we can motivate ourselves to run faster. But we are not trying to "beat" the other competitors. The goal was just to get us all to run the marathon, and THAT is the victory.

Posted by Red Zero on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 22:37