KIDPUB HOUSES Tests and House Names (Development #1)
Posted April 19th, 2017 by Codename-X12
in the Guardians HQ
KIDPUB HOUSES Development Phase #1
A POLL TO DECIDE THE NUMBER OF HOUSES HAS BEEN POSTED. PLEASE VOTE!
I'm really glad many of you took the time to comment and give me some feedback on the KidPub Houses. Thanks for your support! I want to address some of the points you made in the comments of
the last post and propose some of my own ideas on how to make the KidPub Houses a successful idea to help KidPub grow. With everyone's help we can create a system enjoyable by all. Continue
your support with name ideas, ideas on changes to the system, and new ideas that could be incorporated. I think the development phase should continue until a basic system and name is set up, and
then we can have a month or several week-long test to flush out anything that needs fixing. Here are some ideas and improvements I want to address.
1. Probably the major problem is that it may cause people to rush their stories out and won't take time to make sure their writing is good, just to get points. I'm not sure how to address this issue, if
anyone had any ideas it would be great if you'd comment them. It could just run on an honesty system that you're taking your time in each thing that you write, I'm not sure.
2. OkayHazelGrace proposed that points should be given for winning contests or participating in them. I think that is a great idea. KPers could propose competitions and you'd get extra points
for doing a competition (for example, writing a spring-themed poem for a spring poetry contest or something). That will help writer's get over writer's block and help them develop writing skills by
getting them to write something that may be out of their element, so to speak.
3. House names. I was thinking KPers could propose names. Someone suggested the names of famous authors should be the names of the 4 Houses. Post your ideas for cool names below
and we can have a poll to decide the names of each house. The problem with choosing a name is that people will choose the coolest name or the name of the most famous author, but that could be
okay. I think we should use the names of mythical creatures, but that's just my idea. Comment your ideas for names or if you like these suggestions.
4. To sort...or not to sort. Many KPers voiced concerns that if authors were sorted based on genre, if they wrote many genres they wouldn't be able to be in just one House. I have a few ideas for this:
1. We could have authors be sorted based on what genre they MOST wrote, and they could write anything they wanted while in a House
2. Writers could choose what house they wanted to be in. Problems: too many people in one House and too few in another.
3. We could have a limit on the number of people in each house. For example, at the start of the House program each House could have 10 people in it. If one house was full, you could choose
between the ones remaining. Once all the Houses would be filled up, ten more places could open for new members wanting to join.
4. We could have some sort of personality quiz or something on KidPub. Maybe a poll that decided what House based on what you chose for the answer.
5. Who's keeping track of all this? I was thinking each House could have a leader who kept track of that House's points based on what people posted under their House's thread. This wouldn't be hard
for the leader because members must report their points on their House's thread on the Writer's block, so the leader wouldn't have to scour the main page for the points and stuff.
Comment your ideas below so we can narrow down the options for names and sorting options. Comment anything you think of to improve the system. Once we have some more ideas I will run a poll
so we can vote on ideas for the different names and how the sorting should happen (if we even has one). The Development begins! Predator-6 out!
See more stories by Predator-6 (Jack)