/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Magic's Downfall Prologue | KidPub Press //
Magic's Downfall Prologue

Magic's Downfall Prologue

Posted February 28th, 2014 by Arthurboulos

Arthurboulos's picture
by ilvermorny (sam)
in the false nirvana

A/N: This chapter was written by Alice.

PROLOGUE

Willow draped a cloak over her gown and opened her window. She looked down and reached upwards, turning the knob the enabled the window to open more, making a gap large enough for her to climb out from.

Willow grabbed onto one of the vines that brew along the castle walls and hoisted herself out of the window, then began her descent from the 12th floor of the castle. She finally touched ground and sprinted as fast as she could towards the town square, ignoring the guards’ protests and warnings.

Willow was well aware of footsteps behind her, but she only picked up speed, then somersaulted into an alley, jumped onto the barrels, and flipped over the stone wall. It was a good thing that the King had made her take gymnastics, and it was really handy.

She stopped running when she stopped a shop that sold fabrics. Willow wrapped the cloak tighter around her and inspected the fabulous gowns, silks, and material the shopkeeper had on display. One dress caught her eye in particular, and that was a simple white dress with only glitter for decoration. Willow tried her best to disguise her voice as she approached the shopkeeper.

“Hello, how much is this beautiful dress?” Willow was surprised at how calm her voice sounded compared to her heart, which was beating quicker than a hummingbird’s fastest speed.

“Why, twenty shillings,” the woman was smiling kindly at Willow, making her want to reveal herself and reward her for being so kind for no reason. Almost nobody was very kind in this town. The various attempts Willow had made to escape had all been ruined by mobs of strangers flocking to get to a sale, not bothering to care about trampling a poor, defenseless little girl.

“I would like to have that dress,” Willow took out a pouch and counted thirty shillings into her palm, “And keep the change.”

“No, you can have it for no money at all,” the shopkeeper unhooked the dress from the display stand and wrapped it in a silk bag.

“No, I insist,” Willow folded the woman’s hands over the money and accepted the dress, smiling brightly. The woman’s expression changed into one of wonder, gratefulness, and surprise. Willow then realized that she had forgotten to disguise her voice.

“Can you keep this secret, just for me?” Willow pleaded, clutching the bag tighter in worry.

“Don’t worry,” the shopkeeper smiled, putting the shillings into a chest behind the counter. “I never break a promise.”

“Thank you,” Willow sighed in relief, “I’ll be back soon!” Then, she ran as fast as she could towards her favorite restaurant in the square. The Café.

The Café was a small shop that sold biscuits, tea, coffee, and bread of all kinds. It was the only restaurant in this province, hence the capital C. Willow’s favorite meal was the soup of the day with bread on the side. It never was very disappointing.

“Hi, welcome again!” The young girl that worked at the cashier recognized the cloaked girl that always came once a week. “The usual?”

“Yes, please,” Willow smiled apologetically and sat in her usual seat near the window. When the soup and bread arrived, she dug in. Taking small sips of the soup and delicate bites of her bread, it was a wonder how she managed to be finished before most other people.

As Willow paid and turned to leave, she saw a man that was selling horses across the store. She ran towards the man and petted the horses gently. They were nothing compared to the castle’s prize-winning breeds, but they were less proud and more gentle with people than racehorses.

“Oof!” Willow collapsed onto the ground as she crashed into someone. Just my luck, crashing into someone after I leave somewhere, she thought.

“I’m sorry!” A voice came from above her, and a hand stretched down to help her up.

“No, it was my fault. I wasn’t looking where I was going,” Willow gratefully took and hand and got up. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Hey, I haven’t seen you around here before.” A boy around the same age as her, maybe older, was grinning at her. 

“Uh, I don’t come out much,” Willow quickly replied, not wanting to blow her cover. Then, she realized that her hood had fallen and quickly reached up to pull it over her head. “Thanks, again,” she smiled and ran towards the castle, ignoring the calls from the mysterious boy.

That was close.” A voice greeted her at the gates. The king was standing before her, frowning. “What will they think if they find out? You have a lot of explaining to do, young lady,” he growled, gesturing for the guards to pull the gates closed.

See more stories by ilvermorny (sam)
Never be afraid to laugh at

Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. It's better in the long run. ~Ashlee

Oooo! This is pretty good so far!! CONTINUE!!!!!! :D

Posted by America's Littl... on Fri, 02/28/2014 - 20:24
Don't worry. We
Posted by Altostratus [Sam] on Sat, 03/01/2014 - 16:34
Just so everyone knows, we

Just so everyone knows, we aren't exactly going to announce the winning charries. We will see when the charries fit into the story and then, you'll know by the end of book 1.

Read my story "Shadows": http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/shadows-chapter-1-working-tit...

Read my other story "New and Improved": http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/untitled-story-part-1-chapter...

Posted by Altostratus [Sam] on Sat, 03/01/2014 - 07:34
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiles! :)

Posted by Charlie on Sat, 03/01/2014 - 15:08
:) Thanks.   Read my story
Posted by Altostratus [Sam] on Sat, 03/01/2014 - 16:33
When will you be writing

When will you be writing more?

Smiles! :)

Posted by Charlie on Sat, 03/01/2014 - 18:40
Chapter 1 will be posted

Chapter 1 will be posted around March 3-5.

Posted by Altostratus [Sam] on Sun, 03/02/2014 - 00:09
Cool! Smiles! :)

Cool!

Smiles! :)

Posted by Charlie on Sun, 03/02/2014 - 09:17
Good job y'all! This will

Good job y'all! This will turn out good!

The want-to-be-next President of the United States (ME!) says,
" Yours sincerely,
The want-to-be-next President of the United States (ME!)"

Posted by AWESOME Author on Sun, 03/02/2014 - 12:09
Thanksies!

Thanksies!

Posted by Alice on Tue, 03/04/2014 - 18:44
Thanksies!

Thanksies!

Posted by Alice on Tue, 03/04/2014 - 18:45
I was probably out when

I was probably out when y'all posted the characters contest, so here's some:

Name: Nathan (he's not allowed to tell)
Weapon of Choice: two daggers
Age:
Personality: goofy, funny, likes to tease his younger sister (Willow), but defends her if someone tries to hurt her, confident (maybe a little too confident), thinks he's always the leader and always makes right decision (which isn't always true)
Backround: what should I say! He's the prince! Next in line to the throne
Appearance: shaggy brown hair, circle head, tan skin, brown eyes, a few freckles
Usual Attire: you know, princely clothes
Hobbies: fencing, sketching (which he keeps a secret)
Dislikes: tomboys girls (but later grows to like tomboy Jessica) , and bullies, or people who think of him a lower level than themselves
Favorite Color(s): crimson and
Side (Magic or NonMagic): non magic
Other: he has a girlfriend (Emma Kofert) who he dumps later on cause she just wanted to become Queen and marries Willow's friend, Jessica Mordik

Name: Emma Kofert
Weapon of Choice: pistol
Age: 16
Personality: snobby, fashionable, popular, LOVES MONEY
Backround: comes from a hard working family that all died in a famine when she was 6. She had been adopted by millionaire family and tried to forget her past
Appearance: short curly brown hair, circle pale hair, long painted nails, always has makeup on (maybe to much),
Usual Attire: dresses with frills and ruffles
Hobbies: saying over and over 'I'll be Queen later on so follow my rules', painting nails, putting on makeup
Dislikes: people who get in her way of being Queen
Favorite Color(s): pink, purple and red
Side (Magic or NonMagic): non magic
Other: likes Nathan so she can become Queen one day. Constantly has flashbacks of her true family

Name: Jessica Mordik
Weapon of Choice: crossbow
Age: same as Nathan
Personality: tomboy, active, talkative
Backround: lost an older brother in a war when she was 5
Appearance: brown hair (up to her shoulder), tan skin, freckles,
Usual Attire: t-shirts and jeans and short-sleeved jackets
Hobbies: running, playing with Willow, writing, reading
Dislikes: girly girls especially Emma Kofert
Favorite Color(s): blue
Side (Magic or NonMagic): magic
Other: a friend of Willow. doesn't start to like Nathan till he dumps Emma, says she hears her brother on cold dark days

" Yours sincerely,

Posted by AWESOME Author on Sun, 03/02/2014 - 16:49
I forgot to mention Nathan

I forgot to mention Nathan is 17 years old

" Yours sincerely,

Posted by AWESOME Author on Sun, 03/02/2014 - 16:52
And Jessica is 16 The

And Jessica is 16

" Yours sincerely,

Posted by AWESOME Author on Sun, 03/02/2014 - 16:53
Uh... we'll take Nathan...

Uh... we'll take Nathan... but he can't be Willow's brother.... sorry.

Posted by Altostratus [Sam] on Sun, 03/02/2014 - 20:29
That's fine The

That's fine

" Yours sincerely,

Posted by AWESOME Author on Mon, 03/03/2014 - 13:52