/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ NEW KIDPUB STORY | End of the World as We Know It | Prologue {Zombies Ate My Neighbours} - Edited&Reposted | KidPub Press //
NEW KIDPUB STORY | End of the World as We Know It | Prologue {Zombies Ate My Neighbours} - Edited&Reposted

Posted March 1st, 2018 by SilverMoon

by solivagant
in timately acquainted with the void

special thanks to Re for the editing help and to her and Snow for getting me to get back to this story lol

All the chapter titles are gonna be songs , give a listen to Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Prologue {Zombies Ate My Neighbours}

The evacuation notice was relayed through every possible means of communication-- all the news channels on TV, the weather radio, the tornado sirens… though it wasn't a weather problem. Although it promised to be the most catastrophic storm of the millenium in a figurative sense, it was a far cry from hurricanes in the literal sense.

Zombies.

Did you not believe it was possible? Today's world laughs in your face. Conversely, have you always looked for a zombie apocalypse? Said world still cackles down at you. You didn't think zombies would be a fucking picnic, did you?

BBC World News Live Broadcast

“What appears to be the living dead has appeared from seemingly out of nowhere, taking the world by storm. We don’t know where they came from or how, only what they want: to consume humanity. There has been no word from the military or the government as of now. Current patterns show that large quantities of zombies crop up in cities, so it is advised that you flee major population hubs. Run. Hide.  We don’t know what the future holds, or when we will be able to broadcast again.”

YouTube | BizzaroUniverse | 3.2 million subscribers

“So here’s the lowdown, people. I have a lot of subscribers on this channel and I don’t know how many of you are able to view this at this point, but I’m sure you know about the zombies. Is this a U.S. problem, or a world problem? News sites are going down, Internet and signal are gonna become scarce, and this is all straight out of some apocalyptic movie I never bothered to watch. This is fucking nuts. Where the hell is the government? The military? Isn’t it sketchy? Are they all dead? Are they the ones that started this?”

Tumblr | yaescapistboy | 25,786 followers

“yo so guys i don't think zombies are just an american problem and i’m freaking out. if u can see this, stay safe guys and here's a few links that might help”

.

.

.

KidPub Writer’s Block Forum

And Now, The News… >> Zombies!

Lena: omg my guys i can barely believe this is happening? i assume everyone's heard that there's suddenly ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE stay safe children ok

BlueMi: i haven't been on KP in ages and bc of this it looks like all of us will have trouble gettin on now…

SilverMoon: haha we’re mcfuckin screwed fuuckck ok so I'm just downloading all the fanfics i can to read before i die

strawberry: @a/oikawacchi SAME

Swallowtail: haha we’re all going to di e

gracithe1andonly: This is…not the end I was looking forward to.

There was something in the sound of sirens, the buildup of cars on country highways as people pour out of the cities, vehicles driving off-road and trampling crops, car crashes and disastrous pileups, the local police who were as clueless as the civilians directing traffic towards safer ground, the unusually high number of hitchhikers at the sides of the roads, the continual urgent radio updates.

Chaos. Thrumming through the very earth, pounding against the walls of human veins, shimmering as it fills the air, with no semblance of order around to balance it out.

Unlike human problems, it was unable to be negotiated or reasoned with. Unlike natural problems, it was hungrily targeting humans and would not end in time.

All you could do was run, and hope against hope that death wasn't as imminent as it seemed.

I really hope to work more on EOTW this year. Hopefully chapter 1 will be up this month or next.

See more stories by solivagant
I'm so glad you're back to

I'm so glad you're back to doing this!  It's such a good idea and I'm hyped!  Actually this is inspiring me to continue my own KP story, which may be posted this weekend if nothing unexpected pops up.  :D

Posted by Luna {semi-hiatus} on Thu, 03/01/2018 - 16:59
sO HYPED FOR THISBy the way

sO HYPED FOR THIS
By the way you're welcome <3

____________________________________________________________

Posted by *Snow* window w... on Thu, 03/01/2018 - 18:08
Love your style, definitely

Love your style, definitely gonna sign up!

/and here you are living despite it all/

Posted by Sachi on Thu, 03/01/2018 - 20:48
heyyyyyy yo good job looking

heyyyyyy yo good job looking forward to this!

Posted by a zombie now (*... on Fri, 03/02/2018 - 02:02
MAN I FORGOT ABOUT THISIM

MAN I FORGOT ABOUT THIS
IM EXCITED AAAAAA

~~

i bless the rains down in africa

Posted by birb on Sun, 03/04/2018 - 19:35