/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ NEW KIDPUB STORY: We Are The Number Ones. Number Ones POV | KidPub Press //
NEW KIDPUB STORY: We Are The Number Ones. Number Ones POV

Posted April 21st, 2014 by Elisa_zrs

by X
in sdfsdf

Notes: If you're thinking that I'm posting the story too early then don't give up! I'm only posting the first part of the story so you can see what the story's like. Characters for Number Twos and Younglets will be allowed until April the 26th. The form is in the last chapter page. Maiven, I know you're seventeen but I had to reduce your age to twelve since that's the average KPer age. Plus Niamh, you'll get to be in a relationship with one of the Number Ones ;). Not saying who!

Enjoy the epilogue and

May you muster your thoughts of creativity for the loved ones.

-Perry (CLONE), A.K.A. TheHipsterOnUrBlock (Ellie)

~

W  E    A  R  E    T  H  E    N  U  M  B  E  R    O  N  E  S    (EPILOGUE)

Niamh Wolfrunner's POV

I sat near the windowsill and watched my younger sister snoring lightly as soon as we whispered goodnight.

Why couldn't I be like her? Innocent. Only 7. Running freely in the fields and not giving a single care in the world. But no, I had to be part of the KidPub Secretaries.

I am proud that I am an active KPer, but the fact that you have to sacrifice things and people and take risks scared me to death.

Our dormitory was filled with heavy breathing of girls who probably had nightmares of their parents dying that night.

I remembered when my mum left me with our selfish father who sent us to the orphanage when he was clearly healthy.

Mrs. Willows, my aunt, was yelling at the telephone downstairs; insulting my father in Irish as he bellowed that he didn't want me back.

I didn't give a single care about him. I didn't want him to be with me. He would've abused me with his big wooden cane if I said a single word to his new, caked girlfriend, Alana.

The KidPub watch I had when I was accepted into KP was a watch that everyone thought was normal. But it wasn't, Everytime it bleeped red, it was assigned for all of us to visit the KidPub Secretaries.

This time, it bleeped a neon red with the white, capital words 'EMERGENCY' across the colour. It was beeping like crazy and I just had time to turn it off before it woke any of the girls up.

I knew, that this was going to be an intense meeting.

Faith Silverstone's POV

"Faith."

Mom stared into my soul with her piercing green eyes I inherited. I could see that she was irritated that I didn't answer her in the first place.

I couldn't say anything! She would've killed me if I told her, so I kept munching my dinner as if I didn't hear her.

My whole family was staring at me right now, even my younger sibling's betta fish and cats.

My dad was especially irritated since his vein on his neck pounded. He was the one who scared me the most and could get anything out of me.

Dad dropped his fork and spoon and did the same soul staring but this time, with more annoyance.

I looked down at the chicken liver so I could ignore both of them.

My younger brother and sister looked worried because they knew that our parents would yell their lungs out if they had to.

"Faith Aria Silverstone. If your mother is talking to you, give her some eye contact and do what she says." Dad said through gritted teeth.

I cleared my throat which made my siblings jump and stared back at my mother.

"Thank you." Mom sighed.

Her expression was unreadable but I knew that she was about to ask me the last question I wanted to hear in the world.

"Have you told Sir Perry that you were to delete your account and move away from the KidPub Secretaries?" she asked, concerned.

I was speechless. She knew absolutely well that you would have to take risks and sacrifice to be in the KidPub Secretaries.

I had to do it. Everyone's face was full of anticipation and suspense.

"No, I haven't. And I don't want to." I whispered.

My siblings gasped. Dad laid a comforting hand on Mom's shoulders as she shook with her flooding tears.

"You, truly know that you have to risk your whole life for this useless website." she hiccoughed.

The nerves got the best of me. I jumped out of the seat like a dart just flew at the back of my butt.

"KIDPUB IS NOT USELESS! AT LEAST THEY HAVE A FAMILY THAT WOULD ACCEPT THEIR PROBLEMS!" I yelled.

Everyone was silent from the shock.

I looked at Mom's green eyes which were swimming with tears. I sprinted back up to my bedroom without another word.

How could I treat my mother like that? It wasn't right at all. I had enough of KidPub and I was going to visit Perry and tell him that KidPub was splitting my family apart.

Until, the KP watch bleeped neon red with the white, capital letters 'EMERGENCY'.

I had to go. This was an emergency.

Sam Winslow's POV

I scratched my rash as I edited the thumbnail to my new sci-fi movie 'The Fault in Our Aliens'.

The empty can of Coke resided on my bedside but I didn't even notice the fact that my little sister, Lillian, was watching it roll back and forth from the AC.

"This can of Coke,

If Sam eats it it'll choke,

Mum would go mad,

Dad will be sad,

But I will have a Barbie party in my room!"

She sang annoyingly.

"Shut up Lillian!" I yelled.

I was listening closely to my friend, Alice's voice as she cried from the abduction of her father. I lowered the volume from the shouts of my name from downstairs.

I took off my headphones and ran down to see what was starting the commotion. Cody, my brother, stood there with a blank expression.

He was holding the KidPub watch firmly in his hands with his mouth open.

The noise of a howling siren echoed the living room. Mom and Dad were off at work and I was the one in charge. This was probably the first time I had to leave Lillian at home, all by herself.

I looked at Cody straight into his eyes and then at the watch.

Neon red flashed the watch with the white, capital letters 'EMERGENCY' bleeping across the colour.

"We have to go, Sam. It's a matter of life and death." Cody whispered.

He was right.

Maiven Gray's POV

I fumbled with my baseball cap and chewed my hair as I did so. My older sister was sitting right beside me as her milky brown eyes roved around my face. I noticed this and had the uncomfortable urge to ask her why,

"Umm, Natalie?"

"What is it Maiven?" she asked still staring at me.

"Why the hell are you staring at me?"

"Oh nothing, nothing, nothing."

"Oh come on! I know that phrase! That's the phrase you usually use when you're trying to hide something!"

"Well alright, umm. You kinda have a pimple on your nose." she chuckled pointing to the tip of her nose.

"WHAT?! SERIOUSLY?!"

"I have never been more serious in my life."

This was surprising since it came from a fifteen year old who thought farting was funny.

I sprinted to the neareset mirror and studied my face hard. The big, red dot was in the centre of my nose.

"Go ahead, tell mom. This is your first stage of your pubes and then next will come the red exclamation mark in your unde-"

"Oh will you shut up!"

I was about to karate chop her in the stomach until my younger sister came in with the KidPub watch.

"Hey Maiven, did you stick a red M&M on your nose again?" she asked curiously.

Natalie yelled with laughter as she rolled on the carpet from all the chuckling.

I was too busy to be offended by her because I was focused on the KidPub watch. It was bleeping like mad. Almost shaking. It was never like this, it usually just bleeped gently.

I held it in my hands and watched as 'EMERGENCY' flashed on and off on the screen.

I looked at my siblings and then the picture of my brother and parents on the wall. I had to go to the KidPub Secretaries for the meeting. It was an emergency. And I had to save the people who I loved.

Charlie Kingree's POV

"C'mon dufus! Walk faster! I'm not taking you for ice-cream for nothing!" He yelled.

My older brother poked me with a large stick like I was a herd of cows.

"Why are we doing this again?" I moaned.

"Mom said to get you ice-cream. So as a good boy," He switched his evil face into a fake good boy one "I would do what she says!"

He switched back to his mean look and laughed mercilessly. My younger brother, on the other hand, looked up at me sympathetically and gripped my hand tightly.

I pushed my glasses up my nose as my older brother gulped down the soda I bought on the way to school. I felt a splatter down my back and realised that he stopped and spat.

"NEXT TIME, DON'T GET ME THE DIET ONE!"

That was it. I couldn't control it.

"NEXT TIME, WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE IT, SHOVE IT UP YOUR BUTT!"

I looked back. His hand was literally crushing up the can as he threw it to the floor. He grabbed me by the shirt until my younger brother yelled:

"Help! Abuse!"

"OI, YOU THERE! Yes you. The one in the DC cap. Leave the kid alone!" A grizzly man with a coffee mug strutted along.

Of course, my older brother let me go and ran for it. The man held up a white fist at him and then looked at me and my younger brother.

"Was that your older brother?"

I nodded.

"Well, he'll be going to visit the police station tonight.

"NO! Don't. I mean, he only did that today." I lied.

"Don't be silly. I watch you every day, kid. He's mean."

He stroked my hair with a rough hand and then carressed my younger brother's cheek, This was extremely awkward.

He reminded me of Dumbledore but in pyjamas and a dirty bathrobe.

"Now, let me take you back home."

I don't really trust people in an instant but there was this kind of loyalty in him that made me feel like he was a relative.

My younger brother and the old man had a conversation about aeroplanes and were too busy to notice that I stopped while they kept walking.

I stared at my KidPub watch. It was shaking like a blender and was shining neon red. The word 'EMERGENCY' was written in white letters. It was howling like a siren.

I had to go to the KidPub Secretaries. It was now or never. Even if I did have to risk my life for my friends and family. Even my older brother. Because I had to muster my thoughts of creativity for my loved ones.

~

Please comment! More to come if we have enough characters.

See more stories by X
Ahhh exciting!!! Can't wait

Ahhh exciting!!! Can't wait for the rest, please write fast! (Hmmm....I'll be monitoring this relationship...wink

“They say through the eyes of any creature you can see their heart...I look into yours, and I see one that is still feeling, still beating.” She smiled sadly. “I cannot say for how long.” - The Dragon's Beating Heart

Posted by Freerunner on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 11:25
SPOILER ALERT: You're going

SPOILER ALERT: You're going to kiss in one of the chapters! *squeals*. I love shipping KidPubbers!

People usually say to not judge a book by it's cover. I think that this ABSOLUTELY incorrect. The quote should go like this: "Don't judge a book by its cover UNLESS its a Z.R. Clark one." This is advice I would give you right now. ~A story I'm working

Posted by TheHipsterOnUrB... on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 11:53
Oh joy. Jk, go

Oh joy.

Jk, go crazy smiley

Posted by Wolfrunner on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 12:55
Full Name: Josephine

Full Name: Josephine Mordik

Family: 2 younger sisters (known on KP as AALS), and my parents

Background: I'm a really talented kid. I have done a lot of things so far.

Appearance: short blonde hair, freckles, pale smooth skin, tall, skinny, and wears a lot of blue, and has blue braces

Gender: female

Genre you usually write in: romance, fantasy, realistic fiction, action, and mystery

Talents: writing, music, art, sports (don't ask. I know to many sports)

Personality: kind, caring, wise, leader like, but stubborn (yeah, it's my weakness)

Weapon (No guns, boys): bow and arrows

Problems in life: ? Ok. Well... I feel lonely a lot. I feel I'm useless and have no purpose... Yeah, I'm dramatic

Number One (IF A BOY, or an extra girl), Younglet or Number Two:
Uh.. I can be Number Two

Roommates (KPers): Sam, Cody, Charlie (usually Alice who isn't on here)

Other: you might want to know but I want to be the President of the United States later on. And I'm older than ten!! And could I have a relationship too?

Read my romantic story-Call Me Maybe: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/call-me-maybe-3002146237

ALL FAIRYTALE CITIZENS ATTEND THE AWESOME FAIRYTALE WRITING CONTEST
http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/fairytale-writing-c

Posted by mysterygirl on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 11:27
CONGRATULATIONS! You will

CONGRATULATIONS! You will get to be a Number Two! Yes, you can have a relationship with another Number Two. But you won't really be mentioned with each other since romance would take over the story and I don't want that to happen.

Posted by TheHipsterOnUrB... on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 11:55
Ok. What so ever, NO kissing

Ok. What so ever, NO kissing for me please.

Posted by AWESOME Author on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 11:57
PLEASE, continue your Call

PLEASE, continue your Call Me Maybe story. I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!

Posted by TheHipsterOnUrB... on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 12:31
No prob Read my romantic

No prob

Posted by AWESOME Author on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 13:02
This is a really accurate

This is a really accurate awesome sauce story!!!!!!!!! So epyk!!!!

Read my story "Shadows": http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/shadows-chapter-1-working-tit...
Read "Magic's Downfall": http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/magics-downfall-prologue-2447...

Posted by Fitz [Sam] on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 11:40
Why thank you Sam. Which

Why thank you Sam. Which part of your POV was accurate?

All of it-- except for Mom

All of it-- except for Mom at work. But the Lillian part was VERY accurate.

Posted by Fitz [Sam] on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 14:16
Ha, ha. Lol. She sounds

Ha, ha. Lol. She sounds almost like my sis. Cute and adorable on the outside; but annoying inside. XD

Posted by AWESOME Author on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 14:19
Yay! I loves it!! The age

Yay! I loves it!! The age thing is totally fine :)

Lol, if my sister could see how she is in this xD We don't have the best relationship, since she is extremely girly and bossy and... well, mean. But seriously, I will love you forever for this xD

In my dreams I dream of flying. In reality, I chase that dream with a horse

My latest- http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/prolouge-new-story-i-have-jus...

Posted by Maiven on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 11:41
Well, make sure you show it

Well, make sure you show it to her and say that I'm on your team. TEAM MAIVEN FTW!

BTW, have you gone through that kind of conversation you both had in your POV?

Posted by TheHipsterOnUrB... on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 11:57
Yep x) Course, now it would

Yep x) Course, now it would be her telling me about all my pimples and I'd just tell her to back to college and shove a cupcake up it, but back when I was twelve, that conversation would've totally fit. Seriously, that happened once and she said my nose was already so big, now I was gonna look like Rudolph T-T

Posted by Maiven on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 12:12

Posted by Elisa_zrs on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 12:38
Wow, definitely! It totally

Wow, definitely! It totally fits!

Posted by Maiven on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 12:39
Um wait I finished my

Um wait I finished my charrie before you posted the update but I'm not sure you saw it. :3

-

If you're a freak like me, don't apologize; they can't hold you back, you were born to rise.

Posted by a holy shadow (... on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 12:51
I said it like a DOZEN

I said it like a DOZEN times. Number Two.

Posted by TheHipsterOnUrB... on Tue, 04/22/2014 - 00:26
You said it AFTER I asked

You said it AFTER I asked all those times so I think it was legit.

-

Posted by a holy shadow (... on Tue, 04/22/2014 - 11:12
Awesome!   Smiles! :)

Awesome!

Smiles! :)

Posted by Charlie on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 16:37
Full Name: Lily Family: Two

Full Name: Lily

Family: Two older brothers and happily married parents.

Background: 

Appearance: Dyed red hair that's cut a little past my shoulder with lots of layers and long bangs. I have green-gray eyes (depending on my mood/outfit) with amber flecks around the pupil. I'm pretty tall, and have learned to slouch to match some people's heights (I have short friends). I have a Roman nose that I'm self conscious about. I have braces and love to smile, mostly because of my small dimples.  My legs are really long and muscled. I wear large, purple glasses on a day-to-day basis, unless I'm dressing up. My closest is pretty much well-rounded. But I either go for dark, skinny jeans and a comfy noodie; or a pretty dress that stops right before my knees.

Gender: Female

Genre you usually write in: Fantasy or General Fiction 

Talents: Writing, singing, cheering people up

Personality: I'm a very sweet person, I love to help others. Very shy until you get to know me. I'm a real flirt, too. With friends I'm nice and easy-going, I follow the crowd. With myself and my family, I'm irascible and looking for a fight (with my brothers). I love being tough and kinda bossy. I'm also out-going. But, I have a very soft side as well. I'm usually lonely and quite depressed when not having something to occupy my time. My moods sometimes switch quickly. (VERY SELF CONSCIOUS) 

Weapon (No guns, boys): I love myself a tomahawk.

Problems in life: Depression, anxiety, major sickness (I'm sick constantly), insomnia, OCD

Number One (IF A BOY, or an extra girl), Younglet or Number Two: Huh?

Roommates (KPers): I'd live with anyone, really. 

“I’m the queen of worrying, Kris. You of all people should know that.” -RUNNING FROM THE PROGRAM

-sweet nothings-

Posted by lcnawara on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 17:20
CONGRATULATIONS! You get to

CONGRATULATIONS! You get to be a Number Two (2nd Main Character).

Posted by TheHipsterOnUrB... on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 23:56