/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The nightmarish times-Chapter 2 | KidPub Press //
The nightmarish times-Chapter 2

The nightmarish times-Chapter 2

Posted May 7th, 2018 by Ninasilverrose

by Nina
in British Columbia

As i helped dad put the boxes inside, i looked around. Inside the house was wooden, with a flight of stairs leading to the second floor. To the right was a massive kitchen, and the living room. 

The furniture was already there, surprisingly. Happy we didn't need to buy furniture, I put down the last box, rubbing my hands together to get the dust off. It was time to explore. 

I decided to go up the stairs to look at the rooms before Rosalyn did. She was a few steps behind me, and so i rushed up and quickly ran around to look at each room.

Rosalyn glanced at me with her blue eyes and scoffed. 

"Dan, stop running around. You'll bring the house down." I stopped what i was doing and stared. Rosalyn SPOKE to me? How was this possible? 

I felt the hairs on my arms stand up as i shivered. 

"Rose, " I started, but she had already gone into another room. Sighing, i rubbed my icy arms to keep them from tingling, and entered the large room i was standing outside of.

It was painted bright blue, which was my favorite color. Running my hand along the smooth walls, i noticed a small book sitting on the table. A layer of dust covered the leather cover, and so i approached it. 

I decided the book must be old, so i gently took the pages and turned them. It had beautiful illustrations. I ran my hand over them, and kept turning. Suddenly, there came a knock on glass. 

My head shot around to the window, where a small robin sat. Sighing in relief, i turned to my book. It was all i could do to keep from screaming.

The pages were blackened as if burnt, and tinted with red. The beautiful illustrations were gone. I tasted iron in my mouth, and suddenly, smoke started to swirl out of the pages. Black, choking smoke, like in the city.

I dropped the book on the floor in alarm, and ran out of the room as quickly as my legs could carry me. 

And that is where the story begins.

See more stories by Nina
Exiting! can't wait to read

Exiting! can't wait to read more

Posted by Grace on Wed, 05/09/2018 - 22:21
There is more chapters

There is more chapters coming!

Posted by Nina on Wed, 05/09/2018 - 23:35