/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Power Chapter One - Taken | KidPub Press //
Power Chapter One - Taken

Power Chapter One - Taken

Posted October 1st, 2021 by Olivinat

by Ryoko
in the Middle of Nowhere (Wisconsin)

I am planning on putting out a new chapter once a week, on Friday. I classified this as Mystery, but it is a tiny bit horror, not much, but I think horror/fear is a part of the story line. Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eli

1:37 A.M. Monday

Eli sat up. He glanced around. He was in his bed. He had woken up from the strangest dream. 

He had been in a room full of priests chanting “Power” over and over again. He had ran out of the room and had ran out onto a street. He had ran into men. They glanced at him and started to chase him. He ran with all his might. One of the men ran on one side. He reached out and grabbed his arm. The man had stopped and jerked Eli to the ground. The rest of the men caught up and one of them said something into a radio. A truck pulled up and the men unloaded chains and other restriction devices. They put him in shackles and placed a metal band around his neck. Off of the band was a chain. They locked that onto a hook on the ceiling of the trailer. They shoved Eli in and closed the door. He heard the door lock. Then Eli had woken up. 

Eli glanced at his night-stand and realized he only had 10 minutes before the bus came. Eli’s mother worked at 3 A.M., so she made him breakfast and left it on the table every morning. He  threw on clothes, shoved his breakfast into a ziplock bag, grabbed his backpack and ran out of his house. He was the last kid to get on the bus. He ate his breakfast on the bus. 

When he got off the bus, he realized that he didn’t have lunch, or lunch money. He had to skip lunch that day.

When he got home, he got himself lunch, ate it, and went upstairs to do his homework.

Two hours later, he went downstairs and put in leftover Mac and Cheese. He set the table and put the food out. His mom came home 5 minutes later. 

Eli’s dad had left when he was 10. He was an only child. 

Now he was 14, and he had only figured out that his dad was the worst. He was still trying to figure out why he had left.

His mother was tired, and only ate half of her plate. Eli told her about his day at school. He didn’t bother telling her his dream, because she would have anything helpful to say. 

She ate and went upstairs to sleep. He did the dishes and went to bed too. 

That night he had the same dream. 

6:25 A.M. Wednesday

He woke up on time and made sure to pack a lunch. 

Unfortunately, he missed the bus after school. He sighed and started to walk home. As he was walking through downtown, he heard a noise in an alley. He glanced in that direction and saw nothing. Suddenly, something whisked by his ear. He turned and saw nothing. He turned back to the alley and saw a dark cloaked figure. 

The man stepped toward him and quietly whispered, “Arrivederci Power Heureuse.”

Eli turned and ran away from the man. Glancing back, he didn’t see the man. He ran as fast as he could and ran into his house. He dropped his backpack on the ground and took a breath. He glanced around and paused. Someone was in his house. He heard a noise from upstairs. He slowly walked upstairs. The noise was coming from his mother’s room. Slowly opening the door, he was shocked to see his mother, crying into a tissue. She glanced up and wiped away the tears. 

Eli sat next to her and asked, “Why are you home so early?”

His mother sniffed, “I was laid off!”

Eli’s brain stopped. “What! What happened?”

His mother informed him that her company had gone bankrupt after an investment went wrong.  He was shocked. His mother said that she would begin job searching right away. She then sent him to bed. 

He lay there thinking. He closed his eyes and saw the mystery man. He sat up quickly. 

5:30 P.M. Thursday

Eli glanced at the clock and realized it was morning. He hopped out of bed and went downstairs to find his mom making breakfast. He greeted her, ate, and left.

School was very boring and Eli was glad to get out of there, but he missed the bus for some reason. He  walked past the alley and heard another noise. He looked over and saw the man. 

He whispered, “Arrivederci Power Heureuse.” Eli started to walk away, but his legs wouldn’t move. He struggled and yelled. The man stepped out of the shadows toward him. He suddenly ran back into the alley and disappeared. Eli stumbled forward. A man came running. He had heard him yelling. Eli ran back to his house and locked himself in his room until his mom came home. She called him down. As he was walking down, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a cloaked figure. He blinked and looked again. He was gone. Eli ran downstairs and sighed. His mother had broughten pizza. He sighed. 

Dinner was uneventful. After eating, Eli went to bed.

6:45 A.M. Friday

He dozed and woke up to his mother calling. He had missed the bus! As he was walking to school, he walked by a bus stop, and a man glanced at him. He did a double-take and whipped around. Eli backed away as the man walked at him. He grabbed his arm and Eli yelped. He was colder than ice. He dragged Eli into the alley. There Eli managed to squirm out, but the man grabbed him again. He took a sack and stuffed Eli into it. Eli was in the sack for what seemed to be hours. He yelled until his throat hurt. He coughed and sighed. No one was coming for him. Suddenly, the sack was turned and Eli fell out into a very bright room. He gasped at what he saw.  

See more stories by Ryoko
if you guys have any

if you guys have any questions/comments/critiques, let me know. 

_______________________________________________________________________

It's not just a matter of trusting yourself but testing your abilities - Joseph Sugarman

Posted by Ryoko on Sun, 10/03/2021 - 17:49
Please! _____________________

Please!

____________________________________________________________________

Posted by Ryoko on Tue, 10/05/2021 - 10:47
Only one commentWHY I hate

Only one comment
WHY

I hate clifhangers 

Magically, Rose

Posted by Rose on Fri, 10/08/2021 - 01:12
excasctly. I new chapter is

excasctly. I new chapter is coming out today. 

Posted by Ryoko on Fri, 10/08/2021 - 10:11