/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Power Chapter Two - Missing | KidPub Press //
Power Chapter Two - Missing

Power Chapter Two - Missing

Posted October 8th, 2021 by Olivinat

by Ryoko
in the Middle of Nowhere (Wisconsin)

Here is the new chapter. It might not be as long, but I didn't have much time to write this week, what with school. I hope that next chapter makes up for it. Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sara

2:36 P.M. Friday

Sara loved her son, Eli. He was the joy of her life. She worked so much because she wanted to make his life good. That is why she was so devastated when he went missing. She started to worry when he was late from school. Then, fifteen minutes after he should have got home, she called the school. His teachers informed her that Eli had not been at school at all that day. Sara started to worry. Two hours went by, and she was terrified. She called the police, but was informed that it was not their problem unless he had been missing for twenty-four hours. She fretted and worried until twenty-four hours had passed. 

2:37 P.M. Saturday

The moment it turned, she called the police. They sent a sergeant over to investigate. 

The sergeant was useless. He didn’t help at all. He just asked what he looked like and where he could be. Sara quickly answered. She made sure to tell him how worried he was. The man just nodded and left, saying he would make a file. She muttered around the house for a while after he had left. She sighed and went to bed. 

7:30 A.M. Sunday

After breakfast the next morning, a police officer came by and said that they had ten officers looking for Eli. he asked her for a picture to put in the missing section of the paper. She gave him the newest picture that she could find. It was from last week. He had not grown much. She handed it to him and got a tear in her eye. She wiped it away and sniffled. the officer left. Sara sniffed and sat on the couch. She looked at pictures of Eli that were hung all over the living room. She sniffed and tears started to pour from her eyes. She sobbed for twenty minutes. The phone rang and Sara stumbled over to it. It was Eli’s Grandmother. She had heard about Eli. They talked on the phone for a while. Sara hung up and went to bed. She felt a bit better. Sara didn’t sleep well that night.

“Just like last night” She thought, “I wonder where Eli is sleeping. I hope he’s ok”

(She didn’t know that Eli was sleeping in chains and shackles, 

sitting in a cell, at the bottom of a secret dungeon.)

2:00 A.M. Monday

Sara awoke at 2:00 A.M. and groaned. There was no hope for more sleep. She sat at the edge of the bed and grabbed a book. She read for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, she could not concentrate on the book. Sara set the book down and rubbed her eyes. She lay back down, but couldn’t fall asleep. Her stomach grumbled and growled. Sara ran to the kitchen and grabbed a piece of bread. She ate it slowly. 

After she had eaten breakfast, Sara looked at Eli’s picture. She grabbed her bag and walked out of the house. She was going to find Eli. 

Sara marched down the road and up the way that Eli would have gone. She looked around the bus stop and paused to ask the people there if they had seen Eli. Someone said that he had seen him last week. She gasped and asked him what he had seen. He told her that he had seen him on the bus last week. She asked him over again, but his bus came and he left. She walked past an alley and looked in. She saw signs of a scuffle, but kept walking. She wondered who was fighting who. A thought came that made her blood run cold. 

What if it had been Eli in that fight?

See more stories by Ryoko
Is the story going to be

Is the story going to be from eli's and Sarah's point of view

Magically, Rose

Posted by Rose on Sun, 10/10/2021 - 01:36
Yes. I might add in other

Yes. I might add in other people's point of view though. 

It's not just a matter of trusting yourself but testing your abilities - Joseph Sugarman

Posted by Ryoko on Sun, 10/10/2021 - 10:42
I like this. My only

I like this. My only critique would be that the timestamps in the first chapter are a bit weird. Like, he wakes up at 1:37 AM, then the next mention we get of what time it is is that he has to go to school in 10 minutes. Also, what does Sara do that she would be working at/till 3AM? Most business/investment related jobs are 9-5s, I thought. At least, nobody should be in office at 3am. 

BUT THIS IS SO COOL AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS UP WITH ELI. 

"Arrivederci Power Heureuse" is a curious phrase because, if I'm guessing correctly, the three words are from Latin, English, and French respectively. Maybe Italian instead of Latin. And if I remember my French, the third word means "happy," of which there hasn't been much in this story so far. Interesting

Posted by Tía Snow on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 14:11