/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Rose Rings | Chapter 1 | KidPub Press //
The Rose Rings | Chapter 1

The Rose Rings | Chapter 1

Posted March 13th, 2017 by GingerFur

by Kitty ^~^
in Catlandia

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Nifty Thrifty

I walk towards Ashley’s house as I think how drab this town is. Most of the residents are elderly and the only decent place in town is the supermarket. This small town in Arizona is the opposite of a tourist attraction. There aren’t any restaurants with edible food, and the only places to go shopping are antique or thrift stores. My father told me this morning that there’s a new boutique opening in town. Knowing this city, it probably won’t be any good, but today I’m feeling optimistic. I trudge up to Ashley’s door and knock loudly. She opens the door in her adorable penguin onesie she got from her aunt.

“Ugh.. who is it?” she questions, rubbing her eyes. She opens them and replies, now kind of embarrassed, “Oh! Hey Sky, what are you doing here?”

I think of how to convince her to join me in this outing, because I know she won't be easily motivated to go visit another shop with me. “Uh… There’s this new place opening called Nifty Thrifty. I figured we could check it out…”

A look of friendly annoyance spreads across her face. “Not again Skylar! Not another one!” she says.

“You can go in your onesie,” I tell her with a sing-song tune. “ Hmmm… fine!” she responds.

About 15 minutes later, we stroll up to a wooden shack that looks around a hundred years old. There was a big, neon-orange sign in the window that says “OPENING SALE” in big, black lettering.  Above the dirty glass door was a sign that was brand new yet some of the letters were already falling off.

“I don’t like the look of this,” says Ashley. “I think we should go home.”

Sounding more positive then I felt, I reassure her saying that there has to be something decent. As we walk in, we see a sign attached from the ceiling.

______________________

|        Jewelry  >                       |

|                     < Clothing          |

|_____________________|

“Ash, which way?” I ask. I see a cherry red and a greenish blue sweater.

“Jewelry!” said Ashley.

I can tell she also saw that hideous sweater. Ashley isn’t a total fashionista, but I know we were both looking for something special. We turn into the right side of the store, staring at all off the jewelry. We cruise through aisles of tacky bracelets and old-lady type necklaces. All of it seems to be stuff we wouldn’t buy in a million years… until we got to the ring section. They are all unique and perfect in their own ways!

“Wow! This is awesome!!” I said, amazed.

“I know, right! The only problem…” she states, trailing off.

“...What?!” I blurt out while looking at a golden ring with a heart carved into it.

“They’re all awesome, but I can’t seem to find two of the same kind,” she explains.

Why would you need two? One for each hand? “Why would we need two of the same kind?” I inquire.

“For friendship rings, duh,” Ashley declares.

Ohh! That makes so much more sense. I give her a face of understanding as we continue to look through the rings. Then something catches my eye. Beside a display of beautiful silver rings lay TWO amazing rings with silver bands and an electric purple rose. Although It is shiny and metallic, it seems alive. Like a real rose. It’s like it’s… magical.

“Hey Ash, come look over here!” I insist.

She walks over, and then she sees it too. “We have to get them!” she exclaims.

I know Ashley got the same enchanting feeling that I did. “What’s the price?” I ask. I see all the color drain from her face as she reads the pricetag.

“...Fifty dollars?!”

See more stories by Kitty ^~^
HEY!! Nice job!!! I know

HEY!! Nice job!!! I know it's kinda late but, Hey my name is Sally, or Fade578, which i am known as in the gamming world. So welcome, chill, and write on!

Posted by Fade (Sally) on Tue, 03/14/2017 - 14:17
Hi! Thanks! 

Hi! Thanks! smiley

Posted by Catlover on Tue, 03/14/2017 - 16:41
I looked at your bio....i

I looked at your bio....i saw that u play Minecraft. Just saying....I LOVE MINECRAFT!!!!!!!!

:) :D :# :3 :? "/

Posted by Fade (Sally) on Wed, 03/15/2017 - 19:48
SAME! lol       <=> I may

SAME! lol

<=> I may not be perfect but cat loves me <=>

Posted by Catlover on Thu, 03/16/2017 - 15:33
ME TOO!!!!! IT'S MY FAVORITE

ME TOO!!!!! IT'S MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME! I PLAY IT ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster A.K.A. Osaid)> Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by Quartz on Thu, 03/16/2017 - 17:17
Great story :) interested to

Great story :) interested to see more

CC: always put new lines of dialogue as new paragraphs :)

I'm not really a fan of first-person present-tense narration, generally (although it is quite popular, especially in YA), but this works for me. It has enough voice to give it character and not make it just annoying, I guess?

I mean, it's not a work of literary genius. You can tell it's written by an adolescent, but it's interesting and the grammar is good and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

"Nifty Thrifty" is a good name haha.

Also, I ship it.

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by Unknown on Thu, 03/16/2017 - 20:47