/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Saphires ch. 1 | KidPub Press //
Saphires ch. 1

Saphires ch. 1

Posted December 17th, 2020 by Cutecrittre9

by Kaylen
in British Columbia

I stare blankly out the window as we pass building after building, and vehicle after vehicle. My Grandfather died this march, and he gave his cabin, so that is where we are going. It's wednesday July 3rd 2022. My Mom took us all out here today, because it is Great Grandpa's birthday. My name is Violet. My older sister is lily and my younger brother is Jackson.

"Violet! Could you grab your suitcase sweetheart? You know which room to bring it to." Mom calls from the front porch of the cabin. She is holding Jackson(who is five) and Jackson is tryna reach a paper airplane that got stuck in the crack between the logs. I pull the trunk of Our silver Nissan Pathfinder open and reach in to grab my black, Leather suitcase, when I find a sticky note on it. The note is simple - Just a smiley face. "Hey Mom! Did you put a sticky on my bag?" I shout up to Mom. " No Sweetie. Why? What's up?" Mom calls back. "Oh, Nothing." I mutter, almost to myself. I pull the sticky Note off of my bag and crumple it in a ball, dropping it on the ground. I drag my bag into the creaky old cabin, and up a flight of stairs onto the second of three stories. I then walk to the door at the very end of the hall, and push the door open half way. I stare into the empty room and observe. A bed with a twin sized mattress and no sheets sits in the corner of the room, and a tall-ish dresser with a TV on top of it stands solitary on the opposite side. This is just perfect for me to work with! I have two and a half months to completely renovate this room. I walk straight in and get to it immediately. I push the side of the bed up against the wall so that the bed is in the corner of the room beside the big window that takes up most of the wall. I adjust the TV to point straight at the bed. Then I open my bag and pull out my phone and it's charger. I plug the charger into the wall and i connect my phone to the wifi. Perfect. When that is ready I put my sheets and blanket on my bed, then arrange the pillows neatly. I pull out my clothes and organize them in the dresser. When I am done I walk down stairs completely satisfied with my work, and ready to spend the rest of the summer here at the cabin.

See more stories by Kaylen