/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Saphires - Dark Romance (Ch. 2) | KidPub Press //
Saphires - Dark Romance (Ch. 2)

Saphires - Dark Romance (Ch. 2)

Posted December 18th, 2020 by Cutecrittre9

by Kaitlyn
in British Columbia

We finish dinner. It was shake-and-bake chicken, rice, and carrots and broccoli. I just finished cleaning the dishes, and I step outside. As I sit down on the swing, something happens that I will never forget. I feel something cold, yet, sharp touch my back. I flinch quickly away from it and whirl around. A greyish hand comes through the back of the seat. Long, sharp metal-like nails have grown on it and the skin is lumpy and scaly. It looks like a monster from a horror movie! I'm too scared to scream - or move for that matter - So Instead I swat clumsily at the hand. Eventually it pulls back, and a black silhouette slinks into the shadows. I quickly sprint across the porch and grab the doorknob, but as I do, something yellow flutters to the floor. I pick it up, And find that it's a lined sticky note. It has a message on it! But instead of being exciting, the note only has a perfectly drawn neon pink heart on it. I stare at it in shock - somebody was here and watched me embarrassingly swat that monster away? Anyways, whoever it is, I must not know them. Because everyone iso inside. I fold it up neatly and stick it in my pocket. I sure hope that creature does NOT return. I step inside and find myself running straight upstairs to my room. "Violet! What on earth do you think you are doing?!" I hear my Moms voice from downstairs. "Why would you put something sticky like this on a picture of your great grandfather!!!" I slink downstairs silently and peer around the corner to the source of the voice. Perfect. Her back is turned. I slide across the floor to see a sticky note with a Cyan heart sitting right on top of great grandfather Patrick's picture. "I... I didn't do it..." I sputter "well then who did? The boogie man? I know what your drawing looks like - you can't fool me." Mom gave me a stern look and peeled the note off of the glass. "Vilet santi claws is watchin you!" Jackson shouted. "Yes, That's right Violet. He is. Thank you Jackson." Mom agreed. "But Santa isn't re-" I stopped myself. "Violet! To your room! I do not deal with LIARS!!!" Mom yelled at me and then pointed down the hall and up the stairs. "Mom I di-" I stopped and pulled out the pink heart "Here is my proof! I found one too!!!" I shouted back. "Pfft! That? That is your proof? Go to your room. Violet, I do NOT want to see you out here until you apologize for lying!" Mom Talked a little less angrily now. I turned the note around and found a paragraph labeled: "My speech" I read it and it says: "Mom, I swear! I didn't do it! Here is my proof! *I pull out my heart* I found one to! See? *she believes me* Thank you!" when i finish reading it, I growl, crumple the note in a ball, and throw it at the picture of great grandpa Patrick. As I storm off to my room I find that yet another sticky, has found its way to my door.

See more stories by Kaitlyn
This is great! Keep up the

This is great! Keep up the good work. 

Would you mind if I critice it?

1. Make sure you only use capitles were you need to. Like - It was shake-and-bake chicken, Rice, and Carrots and broccoli. Rice and carrots don't need to be capitalized

2. the sentence - I found one to! See? *she believes me* Thank you!" I growl, crumple the note in a ball, and throw it at the picture of great grandpa Patrick. As I storm off to my room I find that yet another sticky, has found its way to my door is a little confussing. why did she go to her room if mom believed her?

3. In the sentence a greyish hand comes through the back of the seat, you spell it grayish

That is all for now! Great story by the way! I will be exited when the next chapter comes out!

_______________________________________________________________________

It's not just a matter of trusting yourself but testing your abilities - Joseph Sugarman

Posted by Ryoko on Sun, 12/20/2020 - 14:47
Thank you for the tips, I

Thank you for the tips, I will be sure to work on that

Posted by Cutecrittre9 on Tue, 12/22/2020 - 00:06
The edits make much more

The edits make much more sense now!  :)

Also It is great to see new people on the site!

There are a lot of features on Kidpub, so you should spend time exploring the site.

___________________________________________________________________

Posted by Olivinat on Tue, 12/22/2020 - 10:03
Tyvm!!! I'll remember to

Tyvm!!! I'll remember to explore the website when I have time

Posted by Cutecrittre9 on Tue, 12/22/2020 - 12:31