/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Stargazer | Co-write with Hyacinth | Prologue (Please comment and CC!) | KidPub Press //
Stargazer | Co-write with Hyacinth | Prologue (Please comment and CC!)

Posted August 19th, 2016 by HannahChen2009

HannahChen2009's picture
by echo (*Jill*)
in magination

TABLE OF CONTENTS

the table of contents will be updated regularly when a new post of Stargazer comes out. you will have access to the following information:
the newest chapter is highlighted in RED

the authors of the chapters and the dates posted will be written down

already posted chapters are hyperlinked- simply click on them to access

[Prologue - You Are Here] --} Jill, August 19th, 2016.

[Click here to go to the First Chapter] --} Hyacinth, August 22nd, 2016.

[Click here to go to the Second Chapter] --} Jill, August 25th, 2016.

[Click here to go to the Third Chapter] --} Hyacinth, September 2nd, 2016.

[Click here to go to the Fourth Chapter] --} Jill, September 19th, 2016.

[Click here to go to the Fifth Chapter] --} Hyacinth, Not Yet Posted

[Click here to go to the Sixth Chapter]

A/N: I know this is short. The actual chapters will be a bit longer.

This is a book I was going to write but never got around to writing a while ago, and now I'll be co-writing it with the lovely Hyacinth.

Here's a short synopsis! It was originally posted on my Writing Masterpost, and I will continue updating it.

Hyacinth also posted a Character Entry of sorts on the NSP, and we'd appreciate it if you went along and checked it out!

Any and all comments and CC are appreciated!

Set in a confusing rip of time-space continuum, a rip in the seam of universes has been discovered, and an otherworldly element- aether- has trickled into the world that our protagonist lives in, making it very different from the one we know now. Supernatural beings live in the woods, peacefully, and they are altered by the aether, granting some immortality, and others confusing powers. Each of them have their own special place in the hierarchy and systems of the aether-tainted world. Stargazers- the only non-magical beings able to harness aether, are in charge of keeping the balance of aether in this world. As the balance is fragile, one powerful magical being may cause the scale to tip over completely.

And bingo, that's exactly what happens. As our clueless protagonist- a young, still apprenticed Stargazer finds out about this being, she decides to help him escape, and is about to find out the heavy consequences that the universe has in store for her reckless action. 

PROLOGUE

In the darkness, no one was there to judge her. No one would wrong her, no one would hear her, and no one would know her as she admitted her love to him. She knew it was wrong- she knew with every fiber of her being. With every single second that passed, the doubt nagged at her from the back of her mind.

Yet, as her lover caressed her face gently in his arms, it was all too easy to forget- to forget that she was a being with responsibilities, a person of power, and a mother that should not be.

The stars rotated as the planet spun, and yet the Stargazer did not move to intercept their messages. Her telescope lay, neglected on the table, and her instruments and spellbooks were scattered un-neatly.

She made no move at all.

She lay there for minutes too many, as seconds slid into minutes slid into hours. She lay as still as stone as her lover stood, kissed her on the cheek, and left silently, enveloped in the dark of the night, and seemed to melt into nothingness.

She lay still as starlit tears ran down her face, illuminated by the faint moonlight that spilled through the window now, casting dark shadows in her room.

It was quiet when she finally got up, the lump in her stomach growing gradually bigger. It wouldn’t be long before people started noticing- to bear a child, as a Stargazer, was not allowed. To bear a child with a Solar Angel, however- that was a different case altogether.

It would not be long before her apprentice started noticing. For the sake of any gods out there, she had an apprentice. How would she ever teach her apprentice to grow up into a fine Stargazer, when she was breaking the very oath she had taken herself?

As the planet rotated and the stars diminished, the woman worked her spell. She couldn’t have been too old- youth still shone on her face. Slowly, the lump in her belly receeded with the stars, and she knew all too well that it would come back with them as well, once the night fell.

This wasn’t supposed to happen, and yet she had done the worst thing she could’ve done. She was about to mother a child- a child that should not exist, a child that she should, knowing how dangerous it would be, abort.

But she didn’t.

The Stargazer contemplated what she had done.

See more stories by echo (*Jill*)
yoo this is gr8 CC:

yoo this is gr8

CC: "scattered unneatly" seems unprofessional and out of place and incongruent with the tone
also idk I don't like the use of the word "lump" maybe "bump" or sth instead idk

~lotus.pain~

Posted by lotus pain (ena) on Fri, 08/19/2016 - 09:48
Thank you friendykins I know

Thank you friendykins I know you've been looking forwards to this cx

And thanks for the CC! I'm too lazy to fix on here lmao but I'll fix it on the documents.

~Scilloideae // in bloom

Posted by Scilloideae (*Jill*) on Fri, 08/19/2016 - 21:37
i agree with the cc above ^^

i agree with the cc above ^^ those are the only things i noticed, otherwise this is fantastic and i love the premise!! excited to keep reading :)

Posted by clara on Fri, 08/19/2016 - 13:51
aaaah thank you so much

aaaah thank you so much clara! that means a lot! <3

~Scilloideae // in bloom

Posted by Scilloideae (*Jill*) on Fri, 08/19/2016 - 21:39
woahhhh yeah so i agree with

woahhhh

yeah so i agree with ena and that's the only thing that i would've said. this is such an interesting idea and is wonderfully executed. i'll be following.

Posted by high lady panda on Fri, 08/19/2016 - 18:03
Thanks so much! The next

Thanks so much! The next chapter will be posted by Hyacinth, hope you guys like it ^^

~Scilloideae // in bloom

Posted by Scilloideae (*Jill*) on Fri, 08/19/2016 - 21:40
Yep, thanks to everyone for

Yep, thanks to everyone for your support! I'll do my best to make sure it comes out in a couple days :)

WE BELIEVE in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves. --Dauntless Faction Manifesto

Posted by Hyacinth on Sat, 08/20/2016 - 06:06
Hello everyone! Hyacinth has

Hello everyone! Hyacinth has finished Chapter 1, and she has posted it!

Here's the link so you can go to Chapter 1- you can also access it at the top of the post, now containing a table of contents.

https://www.kidpub.com/story/stargazer-co-write-jill-chapter-one-please-...

~Scilloideae // in bloom

Posted by Scilloideae (*Jill*) on Mon, 08/22/2016 - 03:42
Thank you for this

Thank you for this ad/notice! I honestly love it.

Posted by Hyacinth on Wed, 08/24/2016 - 03:41
asnedndosnelsps so good that

asnedndosnelsps so good
that last sentence tho
<3
^ I don't think there's really much more to say than that

CC:
everyone else pretty much got it all, except in the, uh, third-to-last paragraph: "receeded" should be "receded"
But that's all! Super good, I'll definitely be following!

---
"Shadowhunters: Looking better in black than the widows of our enemies since 1234." ~ Cassandra Clare

Posted by Read_Write on Mon, 08/22/2016 - 09:59
Thank youuuuu

Thank youuuuu <33
And omg I can't believe I didn't catch that; tysm!!

~Scilloideae // in bloom

Posted by Scilloideae (*Jill*) on Mon, 08/22/2016 - 20:24
Hello everyone! A little

Hello everyone! A little update on the story for those of you who haven't caught up since then-

Hyacinth has posted the latest chapter, Chapter 3, and she needs some more attention because her writing is amazing and you all should really go check it out B)

https://www.kidpub.com/story/stargazer-co-write-jill-chapter-3-please-co...

It's cool and great and it has Dove's character, Alfe! Please go comment on it!

~Scilloideae // in bloom

Posted by Scilloideae (*Jill*) on Thu, 09/08/2016 - 05:01